+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Supergirl

Supergirl

Season 1 Episode 1
    Pilot
    Aired Monday 8:00 PM Oct 26, 2015 on CBS

To be honest I was not going to watch this show especially since it was on a network; not The CW, that did not normally do nontraditional genre TV shows especially a superhero based on a comic book. I then heard that it was not bad and would be done more in the lighthearted manner of The CW's The Flash. The trailer looked good and there were positive comments about the pilot. So I watched and enjoyed. I liked it. The showrunners are doing a nice balance of quirky and positiveness and there is also the underlying message of girl power, what's not to like.
    cablejockey likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Supergirl

Because of my age I didn't enjoy it very much. I hated the liberty they took with the story. When I was young Supergirl and Annette Funicello were my first crushes. As a result I spent far too much of my allowance on Supergirl comics. I understand the need to offer diversity on TV, but why does it have to be at the expense of my childhood heros? Why do they have to color so far outside the lines? I mean seriously... what the heck is non-PC about being blond?! I suspect the young and others who aren't familiar with the story will enjoy the show, but I don't anticipate that I'll continue to watch.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Kiz

I wouldn't have turned the channel to watch it, but it had the Big Bang Theory as a lead in. My husband and I saw the promos and decided to give it shot being that there's nothing else on Monday nights that we watch. We both really enjoyed it. It's an all around fun show.
    cablejockey likes this.
    Each evening, I think, "Boy, things can't get any dumber." The next morning I wake up and think, "Things were so much smarter last night." - Ben Shapiro

FORT Fan

My kids and I watched this and it was enjoyable. My daughter is 10 and she loved it! I loved at the end with her mom and the message she sent. It's all about girl empowerment. Love that. Hopefully it will continue to be good.

I like it but you can clearly tell this was the pilot - it's very disjointed, almost to the point I felt I was watching the movie "Supergirl" which had similar issues.

I do think Melissa Benoist is very good in the role, and some of the changes I don't mind. I'd much rather watch this over more "CSI" or "NCIS" (which I like both shows but too much dark).

I didn't think I'd like this. TV Super Hero shows usually leave me behind after one episode. But Dancing With the Stars is boring this season. It's just not fun anymore. So I turned the channel to check Supergirl out.
    I really liked it & plan to watch next week. I like the lead and the rest of the cast. I especially like James (Jimmy) Olsen. I liked the speed at which they moved the back story & gave us all the pertinent info.

My only issue is that they seemed to throw all the baddies at us in a lump group in the first episode. Just saving planes & other natural disasters would have been fine for the first 2 episodes.
    cablejockey likes this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

I too didnt think I would like this show, but, wow it was just great! It was not taking itself too serious, the star actress has just the right touch of realism and I loved that Dean Cain and Helen Slater--who played Supergirl in the 1984 movie--play her adoptive parents!

Really liked the storyline and the actors on the show. I did think I would since it was a different story then what I remember about Supergirl. Of course it seems they are fusing some version of the comics (one of reasons I never liked Smallville). Going to keep watching to see where it goes.

Supergirl Season 1 Episode 2
    Stronger Together
    Airs Monday 8:00 PM Nov 02, 2015 on CBS

Supergirl - Season 1, Episode 2: Stronger Together - TV.com

Kara's confidence as a superhero is shaky at first, and with good reason. But then a threat to National City forces her to cast her doubts aside in order to capture an escapee from the Kryptonian prison Fort Rozz. Elsewhere, Cat pressures James to use his connection to Superman to land her an interview with his cousin.
    So far so good the second episode was even better than the first. I like how both Kara's sister, James and Win are trying to help Kara in learning how to control her powers and to fight. Just because you are super strong and can fly doesn't mean someone who knows how to fight can't take you down. I do wonder if the DEO has bugged Kara's Fortress of Solitude to listen in and gather intel about her and Krypton?

I also liked the flash of red eyes from Agent Hank Henshaw, the head of the DEO. Oh My Gosh, its J'onn J'onzz the Martian Manhunter.
    PWS likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Yeah - what was that? An alien hunter is an alien. Like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, the surprise ending this week carries the excitement for the show to next week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast