Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Supergirl

Re: Supergirl

Season 1 Episode 3
    Fight or Flight
    Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 09, 2015 on CBS

Supergirl - Season 1, Episode 3: Fight or Flight - TV.com

One of Superman's enemies is gunning for Supergirl, whose powers are tested when the formidable Reactron arrives in National City; at the same time, Cat makes plans to run an exposť on the young hero.
    Kara seems to be this incredible naive little girl. Maybe it is a result of having hide who she is since she was 12 years old and learning a new language and culture and instead of exploring her powers hiding them. She does not have a sense of self, of identity and maybe that is what the writers want and that does serve a dual purpose of Girl Power, of being a show young girls can identify and grow with, but the writers still need to address comic book fans who grew up with the story and expect a more adult drama. I don't particularly like the fallback on schoolgirl crushes and adolescent triangle and possible squares with Lucy Lane appearing as Jimmy's ex girlfriend. Lucy Lane is played by Jenna Dewan fresh of The Witches of East End and also wife of Tanum Channing. Kara is being played way too young and inexperienced to hold much interest to Jimmy compared to Lucy.

Kara/Melissa Benoist does have a smoking body just the right balance of slim but tones with muscle, her back is beautiful in that green slip dress with the black lace inserts.
    No goat killers on my island.

I would like to know the brand of pantyhose Supergirl uses as it is indestructible.
    Miss Scarlet and Coco46 like this.

This episode was supposed to air tonight but due to the bombings in Paris they aired episode 5 (with Livewire instead).

Supergirl - Episode Guide - TV.com

How Does She Do It?

Episode 4
    11/16/15

Kara is pulled in two directions when babysitting Cat's son, at the same time, National City is hit by a series of bombings. Meanwhile, James feels conflicted when his ex-girlfriend Lucy Lane tries to rekindle their relationship.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ah, that explains why James seems to be back with said girlfriend, when when she was last seen that definitely didn't seem to be the case. Apparently they made up in that missing episode.

Really feel for the tech guy....who I think is at least as cute as James, if shorter and less "glamorous".

Season 1 Episode 4
    Livewire
    Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 16, 2015 on CBS

This episode was originally to be aired Monday, November 23, 2015 that was the Monday before Thanksgiving and this is a Thanksgiving episode but due to the Paris bombing last week and that the "How Does She Do It?" episode that was to air Nov 16 had a plot of bombings the episodes were switched.

Supergirl - Season 1, Episode 4: Livewire - TV.com

Kara's Thanksgiving may be ruined thanks to a tense visit from her foster mother, who seems to disapprove of her daughter's superhero role. There's also the matter of a volatile CatCo employee being transformed into the villainous Livewire to contend with over the holidays.
    To me the best parts of this type of series are the interactions between the characters, in this case that would be Kara and Alex as kids sneaking out of the house to go flying and then to learn that Kara's foster father, Jeremiah Danvers had to make a deal with the DEO to protect Kara. The strongest scenes were the ones between the various female characters, Alex and her mom, Alex and Kara, Cat Grant and Leslie Willis, Cat and Kara, even Kara and Wynn were memorable. The show as a whole falls flat when they fall back on the Kara, James and Lucy triangle which seems so junior high versus all the other adult situations. In fact if the James/Lucy/Kara triangle was totally dropped I won't miss it at all.
    mcmomof2 likes this.

Season 1 Episode 5
    How Does She Do It?
    Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 23, 2015 on CBS

Supergirl - Season 1, Episode 5: How Does She Do It? - TV.com

Kara is pulled in two directions when babysitting Cat's son, at the same time, National City is hit by a series of bombings. Meanwhile, James feels conflicted when his ex-girlfriend Lucy Lane tries to rekindle their relationship.
    Note: This was originally episode 4 but due to the plot of bombings and what happened in Paris the network decided to switch episode 4 and 5. This switch does mess up two plot lines, that of the James Olson and Lucy Lane romance. Does anyone really care about James and Lucy? If James and Lucy were totally cut out of the series would anyone notice? The other plot line it messes up is the Alex/Kara/their mom/the DEO and their boss and knowing that thJeremiah Danvers worked for the DEO and that Hank Henshaw might not be trusted.

My big peeve is that I don't like it when everyone who is doing an act of violence is automatically called a terrorist. Just because you are bombing a city does not mean you are a terrorist. I hate that they use that word as a catch all phrase so they cite the Patriot Act and threaten all with torture, being stripped of your rights, having your family threatened and being thrown in jail without due process.

I wondered why Supergirl simply didn't take the bomb vest off the "bad guy" 30 seconds is a long time for someone who can fly at mach 2?.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

News:

CBS has ordered an additional 7 episodes so this will be a 20 episode season 1.

Season 1 Episode 6
    Red Faced
    Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 30, 2015 on CBS

Supergirl - Episode Guide - TV.com

Stress and anger get the better of Kara when she goes too far during a training exercise with Red Tornado, a military cyborg commissioned by Lucy Lane's father, General Sam Lane. Elsewhere, Cat's tough exterior is shaken by a visit from her judgmental mother, Katherine; at the same time, Alex enlists Winn to investigate her father's mysterious death.
    I must say that this episode of Supergirl is the weakest one they have aired so far. I really did not like the first 20 minutes and had to stop watching and come back later. The entire plot line of General Lane and Lucy interacting with the DEO was just plain stupid and heavy handed. The executive order from the President compelling Supergirl to participate in the training program. Technically she is an illegal immigrant, the idea that the President of the United States can compel Supergirl or Superman to do anything is ludicrous. Generals also don't fire contractors like the General fired the creator of Red Tornado. The government has a contract, a legal binding agreement with the creator of Red Tornado that lays out the specifications of what the weapon/device/Red Tornado can do and what it needs to do to meet expectations. Just because Supergirl defeated it in the training exercise does not mean the government is going to scrap a multimillion dollar project on the say so of a General. What then ticked me off is that the General forced this training exercise and then blames Supergirl for Red Tornado obeying it's parameters even later when Red Tornado attacked the General it's all Supergirls fault. Talk about not taking responsibility. The entire General Lane character is toxic and poorly handled. Smallville did it much better.

I thought that women/girls are not allowed to be angry was kinda lame as well as Cat taking Kara to a bar in the middle of a work day. The entire handle your anger plot started out with two drivers in full road rage that almost plowed into a group of school kids and Supergirl stopped them. Who cares that Supergirl broke the one drivers hand, he almost killed 20 or 30 kids. Lets not forget the entire Maxwell Lord blaming Supergirl for the drivers injuries. This scene just made me angry, it was so stupid. While the general public at times can be a mindless mob that looks as if it is guided by talking heads the general public is not that stupid that it doesn't understand that Supergirl saved those kids.

The second half of the episode was much stronger and better done but the idea that the creator of Red Tornado could not have continued his project elsewhere and in response he went nutso and attacked the General was such a waste. The heavy handed way the themes of this episode were being drilled into the audience and pushed in the audience faces reminded me more of a Disney TV show as apposed to a network series.

Since the creator of Red Tornado was telepathically linked to Red Tornado when he died it is kinda obvious that he conscious was transferred into Red Tornado and we will probably see this character again if the series lasts so long.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 12-01-2015 at 02:24 PM.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

Season 1 Episode 7
    Human for a Day
    Airs Monday 8:00 PM Dec 07, 2015 on CBS

Supergirl - Season 1, Episode 7: Human for a Day - TV.com

An earthquake strikes National City, forcing Supergirl, James, and Winn and Cat to draw on reserves of inner strength to deal with the resulting crises. Meanwhile, Alex and Hank are trapped in the DEO base with Jemm, one of the Fort Rozz prisoners.
    The best scene in this episode was Hank Henshaw revealing himself to Alex as J'onn J'onzz the last Martian the transformation, costume design and character design were impressive.

Since Jeremiah Danvers is dead who is the only other person who knows besides Alex? Superman?

As for the rest of the episode; well I feel as if the target audience for this show are young girls anywhere from 5 to 12 years of age. I am starting to feel that they are dumbing down the scripts and writing for that target audience and I almost feel as if I am watching a PBS KIDS show or a Saturday morning live action show or the Disney channel but with a superhero and not a princess. The showrunners need to fix that or they will start losing the adults.

Kiz

Bearcata, regarding the target audience, I've come to the same conclusion. There's nothing else I watch on Monday nights now, so I began watching it and thought it was cute. Now, it's just gotten plain silly, in my opinion. I love the Calista Flockhart character, but she's not enough to encourage me to tune in after this week. The first couple of episodes, they seemed to hit the right note on a show that could be enjoyed by both youngsters and adults, but now I think I'll pass.
    Each evening, I think, "Boy, things can't get any dumber." The next morning I wake up and think, "Things were so much smarter last night." - Ben Shapiro

+ Reply to Thread