+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Supergirl

Re: Supergirl

Season 3 Episode 10 - "Legion of Superheroes" - January 15, 2018

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...17%E2%80%9318)

Two days after Kara’s defeat by Reign, the DEO and the Legion use the latter's technology to heal Kara from her injuries. This saves her life but she remains in a coma. The Legion’s Coluan member, Brainiac 5, enters her mind to try to wake her. Though Sam continues her life with Ruby after spending Christmas Day with her, Reign takes control over her sporadically without Sam's knowledge, and Ruby remains unaware of her mother's divided personality. Reign continues her rampage throughout National City, leading to a series of confrontations with the DEO and the Legion. Ultimately, Kara emerges from her coma and joins them when Reign seeks to destroy a prison facility. Kara injects Reign with a concentration dose of liquefied kryptonite, forcing the latter to retreat. Prior to Kara's awakening, J’onn, who disguised himself as Kara to cover for her, advises Lena on her new relationship with James; Lena sees that James is not trying to distance himself from her because of her family, but she is afraid to be with him, and they become closer afterward. Kara takes steps to move on from Mon-El after her near-death experience, and develop a friendship with Brainiac 5. As Reign recuperates in her fortress, she learns that there are other Worldkillers like her, and Coville joins her.

Interesting take on the Legion of Super Heroes.

J'onn as Kara and discussing James Olson's kissing prowess with Lena was hilarious.

mmmm....more Worldkillers, this is getting interesting.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 3 Episode 11 - "Fort Rozz" - January 22, 2018

Samantha gets ready to go on a trip, leaving Alex to babysit Ruby. The DEO learns that a priestess with knowledge of Reign's true mission is imprisoned in Fort Rozz, which is now drifting near a blue star, which not only strips Kara of her powers but also emits a unique type of radiation fatal to males. Unable to take any of her usual allies, Kara forms a team consisting of herself, Imra, Livewire, and Psi to conduct the search. Reign is informed of their mission and goes to intercept them. Alex helps Ruby confront a girl who cyberbullied her. The team is able to locate the priestess, but Reign kills her after she reveals the existence of the other Worldkillers to Kara. Livewire sacrifices herself to save Kara's life, while Psi uses her powers to drive off Reign. Imra's ship begins to drift into the star, but Winn, communicating through the Voyager 2 probe, is able to save the vessel. The team returns to Earth, with Kara repaying Psi's assistance by asking the DEO to give her better accommodations. Mon-El comforts her over Livewire's death, considering it to be redemption for her villainous past. Prompted by a nightmare caused by Psi's influence, Samantha asks Alex for help with her "missing time". A woman named Julia is struck by a runaway car, and is seemingly killed. However, she effortlessly moves the car off her chest, revealing herself to be a Worldkiller.

Interesting girl power centric episode, basically all superheroes (yes that includes Alex) and all aspects of good, bad, and evil.

Subplot: Brainy vs Winn. Nice to see Winn one up Brainy.

Did anyone catch Alex's "Grays Anatomy" reference on tonight's episode? That new girl (cant' think of her name) asked her if she was a Dr, and Alex told her she used to be a Dr in Seattle before she joined the FBI. LOL. I love it. It actually took me the whole first season of Supergirl to figure out who she was.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    Did anyone catch Alex's "Grays Anatomy" reference on tonight's episode? That new girl (cant' think of her name) asked her if she was a Dr, and Alex told her she used to be a Dr in Seattle before she joined the FBI. LOL. I love it. It actually took me the whole first season of Supergirl to figure out who she was.
    per Google:
    Dr. Alexandra "Lexie" Grey in the ABC medical drama series Grey's Anatomy (2007–2012)
    Since I never watched Grey's Anatomy I never got the reference but that was a 5 year job, good for her.

Season 3 Episode 12 - "For Good" - January 29, 2018

Lena is poisoned with cyanide in her coffee by an unknown hitman. James pursues the the hitman, who is eventually shot down by an unseen sniper. Kara takes Lena to the DEO, where, using her powers and Alex's medical knowledge, they are able to stabilize her. Lena and Kara gatecrash a party held by Morgan Edge, where Lena tells Morgan that she knows he tried to kill her, and that her mother, Lillian Luthor, wants revenge. Morgan is attacked by a drone, controlled by Lillian, and admits that he did try to kill Lena, before Supergirl arrives. Lillian appears, wearing a version of the Luthor warsuit and wounds Supergirl with a kryptonite blade. Mon-El engages Lillian in combat with Kara, until Winn hacks into the drone, firing on Lillian and disabling the armor. Edge tries to escape, with the recorder containing his confession, but is stopped by Guardian, allowing Lena to retrieve the recorder.
    I am glad Lena has stopped feeling sorry for herself. I am glad that they are showing 4 young women supporting each other. I do wonder if there is a bit of foreshadowing with Sam concerned about Ruby if Sam is no longer in her life, and Alex wanting to be a mom and maybe taking care of Ruby in the future. I do wonder why Edge hates Lena so much and goes over board to bring her down. It's funny how this show started to be a role model for girl power and now fits in so well with all the social media supporting women.

Season 3 Episode 13 - "Both Sides Now" - February 5, 2018

Supergirl and the DEO converge on Julia Freeman’s home; initially she seems normal, but her alter-ego, Purity, takes over and fights them before being subdued. Sam, on sick leave from L-Corp due to her amnesiac episodes, decides to spend time with Ruby by taking her ice skating. However, Reign takes control over Sam after Purity's capture, and abandons Ruby to deal with the DEO. Ruby calls Lena after finding herself alone. Through Purity, Supergirl suspects that each of the Worldkillers’ personality is split, including Reign, therefore in order to stop them they need to reach their benevolent sides. When Purity escapes, despite the heroes' attempt to recapture her, Julia regains control but Reign abducts her to the Fortress of Sanctuary to complete her transformation. When repairing the Legion's ship, Mon-El confides to J'onn that he still loves Kara despite also loving Imra, and he did not marry her on his terms. Imra confesses to Mon-El that she and Brainiac 5 have a secret agenda on their mission. At L-Corp, Reign briefly takes control over Sam in front of Lena.
    I did feel that Alex went over the top and was way out of character in regards to how aggressive and reckless and prone to violence she was around Julia/Purity and at the very end become all sympathetic. If she had treated me that way I wouldn't trust her at all.

Interesting dribbles about Mon-el and Imra's marriage.

A 10 week hiatus until the next episode see below:

The fourteenth episode is set to air on April 16, 2018, to accommodate the airing of Legends of Tomorrow's third season in the same timeslot until April 9

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011