+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Supergirl

Re: Supergirl

Season 3 Episode 2 "Triggers" - October 16, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_3_.282017.29

Kara battles a powerful metahuman bank robber called Psi, who can evoke her victims' deepest fears, forcing the former to struggle with her memories of Krypton's destruction and her guilt over Mon-El. After Winn's psychic dampener fails, Kara overcomes her fear and arrests Psi. Lena decides to run CatCo personally, taking James by surprise and creating friction with Kara, who initially has difficulty separating work and their friendship. Samantha Arias's daughter, Ruby, deliberately puts herself in danger to test whether her mother has superpowers; however, she is rescued by Kara. Samantha learns she can not summon her powers without stress. It is revealed that she is Lena's replacement at L-Corp. Alex learns that Maggie does not want children. J'onn receives a telepathic summons from M'gann, urging him to come to Mars immediately.
    I did think Supergirl just being determined enough should not be the solution of overcoming Psi.

The minute I saw Samantha Arias's house I thought this is a single mom, this is an expensive house, and viola she is going to be running L-Corp, this woman has time to drop her kid off at school? Really this woman will not be working an 8 hour day more like 10 or 12. Shame on the producers for portraying her as a soccer mom vs being an executive. Most folks I know at that level are not that nice. OTOH it is nice that Supergirl is showing ladies like Lena Luthor, and Samantha being caring humans and nice to other women versus ambitious, backstabbing, upper management.

I have a feeling that as a long time couple Maggie and Alex may not survive it seems they have want too many different things in life. They have not talked kids, career goals, living arrangements, money etc because they are too busy planning a wedding.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 3 Episode 3 "Far From the Tree" October 23, 2017

J'onn tells Kara and Alex about M'gann's message, and the latter convinces him to take Kara for help. The duo journey to Mars in his spaceship, encountering M'gann and the "resistance". They reveal to have found J'onn's father, M'yrnn, who was forced to give the government the location of the Staff of Kolar, a psychic weapon that can defeat the resistance. J'onn rescues M'yrnn, who initially believes J'onn is a White Martian in disguise. Eventually, Kara convinces M'yrnn to let J'onn prove his identity. Having acquired the location, the resistance defeats the government operatives and recovers the Staff, which is entrusted to J'onn, who returns to Earth with M'yrnn and Kara. Meanwhile, Eliza throws Alex and Maggie a bridal shower. Alex convinces Maggie invite her father, who arrives, but still can not tolerate her homosexuality. She tells him that she no longer needs him because she has a family who accepts her. However, she tells Alex that she still does not want children.
    Two plotlines both about fathers and how they love and accept their children.

Nice to see J'onn with his dad.

Maggie and her dad, plus acceptance of your child's sexual preferences. That didn't go so well. Then they had to balance that will Alex's mom being totally accepting.

Big Red Flag in a marriage when one wants children and the other does not. Maggie is asking Alex to radically change her idea of marriage and what she wants in regards to a family, incredibly selfish on Maggie's part. Maggie is also unconsciously saying to Alex am I not enough, isn't it selfish on your part to want more? However, giving up her dream of family, what kind of marriage and life she wants will eat at Alex and the resentment will fester and they will end up divorced. It's better to be on the same page or at least have talked about future expectations, family, retirement, work, budget before you marry not after.

Season 3 Episode 4 "The Faithful" - October 30, 2017

In a flashback to when Kara saved Alex in the plane crash, a grieving passenger named Thomas Coville is inspired by her. In the present, Kara attends an ostensible self-help meeting with Winn and James and discover a "cult" made up of people she has previously saved. Led by Coville, they all worship Supergirl and follow the teachings of the Kryptonian God, Rao. Those who want to join cause disasters just so Supergirl will save them. Coville recognizes Kara in her alter-ego when she confronts him. The group later attempt to blow up a stadium with thousands of people. Kara tries to stop them, but finds they have Kryptonite inside the bomb, which she uses to wound herself and disillusion the cult. After Alex throws away the Kryptonite, Kara burns a deep hole into the ground, which Coville and Alex push the bomb into for a safe detonation. An incarcerated Coville advises Kara to follow Rao to find her path. Meanwhile, Samantha has problems coordinating her job and her daughter. She eventually has a vision of a monstrous creature in her house, telling her she soon will "reign". Alex reveals to Kara that while Maggie does not want children, she does.
    Religion is a touchy subject and this episode did a very good job showing man's faith or lack of faith and loosing it and finding it. This was not a preachy show.

I also like the girl's night out.

Liked the entire concept of Alex wanting children, wanting to be a mother, have those experiences. Alex has a huge conflict she loves Maggie enough to give up her dream of having a family. Maggie gives up nothing. However, if Maggie absolutely does not want children and compromises with Alex to have them that can also be a complete disaster.

Liked the little teaser bits of the mysterious spaceship and beings inside and how does that relate to new character and CFO of LCorp, Samantha.

+ Reply to Thread