+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Supergirl

Re: Supergirl

Season 3 Episode 2 "Triggers" - October 16, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_3_.282017.29

Kara battles a powerful metahuman bank robber called Psi, who can evoke her victims' deepest fears, forcing the former to struggle with her memories of Krypton's destruction and her guilt over Mon-El. After Winn's psychic dampener fails, Kara overcomes her fear and arrests Psi. Lena decides to run CatCo personally, taking James by surprise and creating friction with Kara, who initially has difficulty separating work and their friendship. Samantha Arias's daughter, Ruby, deliberately puts herself in danger to test whether her mother has superpowers; however, she is rescued by Kara. Samantha learns she can not summon her powers without stress. It is revealed that she is Lena's replacement at L-Corp. Alex learns that Maggie does not want children. J'onn receives a telepathic summons from M'gann, urging him to come to Mars immediately.
    I did think Supergirl just being determined enough should not be the solution of overcoming Psi.

The minute I saw Samantha Arias's house I thought this is a single mom, this is an expensive house, and viola she is going to be running L-Corp, this woman has time to drop her kid off at school? Really this woman will not be working an 8 hour day more like 10 or 12. Shame on the producers for portraying her as a soccer mom vs being an executive. Most folks I know at that level are not that nice. OTOH it is nice that Supergirl is showing ladies like Lena Luthor, and Samantha being caring humans and nice to other women versus ambitious, backstabbing, upper management.

I have a feeling that as a long time couple Maggie and Alex may not survive it seems they have want too many different things in life. They have not talked kids, career goals, living arrangements, money etc because they are too busy planning a wedding.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 3 Episode 3 "Far From the Tree" October 23, 2017

J'onn tells Kara and Alex about M'gann's message, and the latter convinces him to take Kara for help. The duo journey to Mars in his spaceship, encountering M'gann and the "resistance". They reveal to have found J'onn's father, M'yrnn, who was forced to give the government the location of the Staff of Kolar, a psychic weapon that can defeat the resistance. J'onn rescues M'yrnn, who initially believes J'onn is a White Martian in disguise. Eventually, Kara convinces M'yrnn to let J'onn prove his identity. Having acquired the location, the resistance defeats the government operatives and recovers the Staff, which is entrusted to J'onn, who returns to Earth with M'yrnn and Kara. Meanwhile, Eliza throws Alex and Maggie a bridal shower. Alex convinces Maggie invite her father, who arrives, but still can not tolerate her homosexuality. She tells him that she no longer needs him because she has a family who accepts her. However, she tells Alex that she still does not want children.
    Two plotlines both about fathers and how they love and accept their children.

Nice to see J'onn with his dad.

Maggie and her dad, plus acceptance of your child's sexual preferences. That didn't go so well. Then they had to balance that will Alex's mom being totally accepting.

Big Red Flag in a marriage when one wants children and the other does not. Maggie is asking Alex to radically change her idea of marriage and what she wants in regards to a family, incredibly selfish on Maggie's part. Maggie is also unconsciously saying to Alex am I not enough, isn't it selfish on your part to want more? However, giving up her dream of family, what kind of marriage and life she wants will eat at Alex and the resentment will fester and they will end up divorced. It's better to be on the same page or at least have talked about future expectations, family, retirement, work, budget before you marry not after.

Season 3 Episode 4 "The Faithful" - October 30, 2017

In a flashback to when Kara saved Alex in the plane crash, a grieving passenger named Thomas Coville is inspired by her. In the present, Kara attends an ostensible self-help meeting with Winn and James and discover a "cult" made up of people she has previously saved. Led by Coville, they all worship Supergirl and follow the teachings of the Kryptonian God, Rao. Those who want to join cause disasters just so Supergirl will save them. Coville recognizes Kara in her alter-ego when she confronts him. The group later attempt to blow up a stadium with thousands of people. Kara tries to stop them, but finds they have Kryptonite inside the bomb, which she uses to wound herself and disillusion the cult. After Alex throws away the Kryptonite, Kara burns a deep hole into the ground, which Coville and Alex push the bomb into for a safe detonation. An incarcerated Coville advises Kara to follow Rao to find her path. Meanwhile, Samantha has problems coordinating her job and her daughter. She eventually has a vision of a monstrous creature in her house, telling her she soon will "reign". Alex reveals to Kara that while Maggie does not want children, she does.
    Religion is a touchy subject and this episode did a very good job showing man's faith or lack of faith and loosing it and finding it. This was not a preachy show.

I also like the girl's night out.

Liked the entire concept of Alex wanting children, wanting to be a mother, have those experiences. Alex has a huge conflict she loves Maggie enough to give up her dream of having a family. Maggie gives up nothing. However, if Maggie absolutely does not want children and compromises with Alex to have them that can also be a complete disaster.

Liked the little teaser bits of the mysterious spaceship and beings inside and how does that relate to new character and CFO of LCorp, Samantha.

Season 3 Episode 5 "Damage" - November 6, 2017

Several children are diagnosed with lead poisoning. Morgan blames Lena's lead device which repelled the Daxamites, causing the parents to turn on Lena. She attempts to give a speech to defend herself, but ends up getting shot at, wounding James. She decides to resign from both Catco and L-Corp. Kara and Sam investigate, discovering that all the children attended a public pool laced with a chemical that has the same symptoms, with the manufacturing company owned by Morgan. Lena confronts Morgan alone and is knocked unconscious. He then traps Lena on a plane with barrels of the chemical, intending to release it into the water supply. Supergirl rescues Lena, secures the barrels and destroys the plane. Morgan covers his tracks, however. Maggie and Alex realize that as much as they love each other, they both must let each other go because they disagree on having children. Alex lets Maggie know how much Maggie has helped Alex on her journey to be happy and to accept herself. Maggie in turns lets Alex know how stronger she grew as a person. They part tearfully, with Maggie bringing everything back to a full circle by saying "See you around, Danvers". Sam discovers that she was shot but not injured.
    It was better than I thought it would be as the lead issue was resolved in one episode. I do wonder what about all the other people that used the contaminated pool? It just was not the children. I do wonder why Morgan Edge did not clean up the water after all the kids got sick. Then there was the fake suicide of this henchman. No one committing suicide by gun could shoot themselves from that angle it makes no sense. Outside of those glaring plot hole it was a nice girl bonding episode.

Season 3 Episode 6 "Midvale" - November 13, 2017

Kara and Alex arrive at Eliza's home to help overcome their griefs, but they quarrel instead. Ten years prior, while attending Midvale High School, Alex and Kara did not get along, until a mutual friend, Kenny Li, was murdered. A photograph on his laptop revealed their teacher was in a relationship with Alex's best friend. Kara sent the remaining encrypted files to Chloe Sullivan for decryption. After a murder attempt on Alex and Kara's lives, the teacher was arrested, but Alex discovered an alibi for him. Kara decided to cease looking into Kenny's death after a conversation with Noel Neill, an F.B.I. agent who strongly resembles Alura (in reality, a disguised J'onn). Alex went to the sheriff for help, just as Kara learned that the sheriff was involved in drug dealing and was Kenny's killer. Kara saved Alex from being killed by the sheriff. The sisters bonded and Kara decided to not use her powers again, taking Agent Neill's advice to embrace her new home. In the present, after recalling their first adventure together, the sisters reconcile and return to National City.
    Better than I thought it would be. The writers have definitely improved their sappy moments, before they literally were unbearable to watch but this flashback to the girls life before their were friends, before they were sisters and their first case was very watchable. The CW and the Arrowverse casting folks have always been excellent in getting the right actor for the part and in this case they were spot on with the actor cast as young Alex maybe not quite spot on with Kara. Overall it was fun to see the two characters as teenagers.

Seriously though in a house as big as that one there should have been more than one bathroom for the girls to share.

Season 3 Episode 7 "Wake Up" - November 20, 2017

Kara, J'onn and Winn investigate a crashed spaceship detected beneath National City. They find Mon-El and occupied stasis tanks aboard. They take him back to the DEO; when he attempts an escape, a suspicious Kara locks him in a cell. Mon-El convinces Winn to take him back to the ship, where the life-support systems are unstable. Kara follows them. Mon-El explains that his pod went through a wormhole, bringing him to the 31st century where L-Corp had developed a cure for Daxamites' allergy to lead centuries before. While seven months had passed for Kara, Mon-El experienced seven years in the future. One of the tanks begins to malfunction; Mon-El cannot break it open, so Kara frees its occupant: Mon-El's wife, Imra Ardeen. J'onn decides to rent an apartment for him and M'yrnn to live together, taking the first step to restore their bond after centuries of separation. After discovering another superhuman ability, Sam visits her foster mother and learns of her Kryptonian origins. She later travels to the "Fortress of Sanctuary", where a holographic female artificial intelligence reveals that, while her daughter is an "unfortunate error," she is destined to become Reign, the Worldkiller. Sam then transforms into Reign, causing her to lose humanity.
    mmmm...... a 12,000 yr old spaceship. Mon-el is back with a wife. Shocker. But Imra Ardeen is supposed to be married to Garth Ranzz. I wonder if they will mention the Legion of Super Heroes?

Liked the Sam/Reign storyline with the black crystal, the desert located Fortress of Sanctuary, the black and red motiff very Darth Vader vs the ice fields, the Fortress of Solitude, and the white and blue motiff. Oooooooo! I was expecting more than the red eyes after the screaming and what looked like a potential explosion from Sam's upper torso.

The next episode scheduled for November 27 will be the start of the two day 4 hour Crisis X crossover event for Supergirl, The Arrow, The Flash and for The Legends of Tomorrow.

Season 3 Episode 8 "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 1" - November 27, 2017

This episode begins a crossover event that continues in Arrow season 6 episode 8, and concludes in The Flash season 4 episode 8 and Legends of Tomorrow season 3 episode 8.
    In a parallel world, Earth-X, Nazi regime rule the planet, where a dark hooded archer, Dark Arrow, personally hunts the American loyalists and other resistances. Kara and Alex arrive to Earth-1 for Barry Allen's wedding with Iris West, leading Alex to meet Oliver Queen's (Green Arrow) vigilante associate Sara Lance (White Canary), taking the first step to recover from her break up with Maggie. During the wedding ceremony, the event is interrupted by Earth-X invaders, led by Dark Arrow and his Kryptonian-powered wife Overgirl. After Kara injured Overgirl during the fight, the Nazis are forced to retreat, and the heroes have captured Dark Arrow's partner Prometheus. As Dark Arrow, Overgirl, and a yellow speedster regroup and discuss their next step, Dark Arrow and Overgirl are unmasked to be parallel universe doppelgängers of Oliver and Kara, and the yellow speedster is Barry's nemesis from the future Eobard Thawne, the Reverse-Flash.
    This is the best episode of Supergirl this season and is a great start to the Crisis-X crossover event. In fact the other series episodes flow into each other very nicely. I will be curious to see how they tie up the events this week into next's weeks episode.

While I never watched Glee both actor's playing Supergirl and The Flash were alums and it was nice to see Kara sing for Iris West's march down the isle.

Alex hooked up with Sara Lance from Legends, the Walk of Shame was fun as was the falling out of bed part.

The cross over episode is worth a second look to really appreciate all that went into it. The entire beginning scene of getting RSVP's from your wedding guests was fun as it introduced all the teams from all the shows, from Kara and Alex (Supergirl) with a nod to the last cross over involving the Dominators, to Team Arrow, mainly Felicity and Oliver, to the Legends doing a bit of a Robin Hood with the Sheriff of Nottingham. Nice to see all the girls getting a mani pedi and Kara burning out the nail technicians drill. The nod to Professor Stein and Jax conferring with Harrison Wells and Cisco regarding a cure to the Firestorm matrix. To Professor Stein and Caitlin Snow reminiscing about her dead fiancée Ronnie. To the after rehearsal party at CC Jitters the DC nod to Starbucks and other coffee houses. Alex hooking up with Sara Lance, with Alex not really knowing who she is. The Walk of Shame starting with the fall out of the bed and later not even knowing the name of the person you slept with and Alex berating herself comparing what she did to a guy thing. All the cast assembled with the rogues, the cops, the heroes all there, and Kara singing. To the pastor being burn to a crisp by Overgirl. Then the massive fight in the church and out of it and Rory sorta having the hots for Killer Frost. What a way to start a Cross Over.

Season 3 Episode 9 "Reign" - December 4, 2017

Samantha wakes up at home with no memory of being in a Kryptonian fortress as well as her alter ego Reign, but finds she is oddly tired. A mysterious Kryptonian symbol unknown to Kara, appears throughout National City, and Thomas Coville later explains to her that it is a mark of a great evil from Krypton deliberately forgotten from its society. Mon-El and Imra explain how their ship came from the future, and how the former founded the superhero team, The Legions. As Kara hosts a Christmas get-together at her apartment, Sam succumbs to and becomes Reign, who, as a masked vigilante, attacks random people around National City, including Edge. Reign's rampage sowing distrust on Supergirl due to her having the same powers and similar physical attributes. Lena and James begin a relationship after an assassination attempt on the former by Edge. When Kara decides to face Reign, they fight throughout the city. Though the fight clears Supergirl's name and reveals another Kryptonian in National City, Reign eventually overpowers Kara and drops her off a building, landing her in emergency medical care at the DEO. On Christmas Day, Ruby runs downstairs to find her mother, but Sam does not seem quite right.

This episode picks up right after episode 7 as if the CrossOver episode (8) didn't happen but it makes sense if you don't watch the other shows. Reign goes full steam ahead. Kinda sad that someone preprogrammed you and regardless of who you are and what life you made for yourself you really don't have any control over what you do.

Morgan Edge is so slimy in how he tries to use Reign attacking him as a way to discredit Supergirl.

This is the mid season finale and won't be back until January 15th with the Legion of Super Heroes, can't wait.

Forgot to mention in the Cross Over episode about 40 minutes in a female server is trying to serve Barry something to drink I think it may have been his future daughter.

+ Reply to Thread