+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By momrek06
  • 1 Post By Punkin
  • 1 Post By Punkin

Thread: Public Morals on TNT

Public Morals on TNT

August 25, 2015. 8:00pm on TNT. 10 part series.

I think this looks great!

Public Morals (TV Series 2015

Edward Burns Interview: 'Public Morals,' Scorsese & 'Game | Indiewire

Set in the early 1960's in New York City's Public Morals Division, where cops walk the line between morality and criminality as the temptations that come from dealing with all kinds of vice can get the better of them.
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

Re: Public Morals on TNT

EDIT:

I just set my DVR and PM is actually airing at 10pm on TNT (not 8pm)!
    KAREN

I'm not sure yet. The acting is good but the story doesn't really interest me. Everybody's corrupt with not lone likable character. I'll watch a few more episodes before I decide if I want to continue.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'm not sure yet. The acting is good but the story doesn't really interest me. Everybody's corrupt with not lone likable character. I'll watch a few more episodes before I decide if I want to continue.
    I have only see the 2 HOUR Premiere and loved it.

Its a true story.

I agree the acting is great.
    KAREN

I DVR'er the first episode and watched it. When it was over it invited me to watch the second hour! "Well, yes please!" Then after that, the third episode was offered, which I am watching now! I'll just keep riding this binge watching train as far as it takes me! I'm getting deeper into the story and characters and loving this show! These second two episodes have commentary by Ed Burns, the writer/director/producer and star and by the costume designer.
    momrek06 likes this.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

I tend not to like mob stories/movies, etc. But, based on the reaction of those of you have seen it, I'll give it a try.

Saw it, tuned out 1/2 way through and am not going to watch again. It wasn't what I thought it would be. I don't want to see another bad cops, worse cops, horrible cops TV show. Bad timing right now trying to turn more people against the people who are trying to protect us. If it weren't for the police, there would be chaos. Are there bad cops - yep. But most are good and just trying to do their job. This just fans the flames of hatred for the Police Department. Too bad, it has a good cast.

They are, as carefully as they can, trying to show what some big city cops back in 1955 were like. Considering that that happened to be the year my own father left the SFPD for the Fire Department because he wasn't happy with some of the things that went on in the PD, I think it's probably a pretty accurate portrayal of how some cops were in that time period. I think most viewers can understand the different environment between now and 60 years ago. It is well known that many police departments were rife with institutionalized corruption in those days, and this the story being told.
    momrek06 likes this.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

+ Reply to Thread