+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - FX

Re: American Horror Story - Hotel on FX

Same here. I didn't love the premiere, but I guess they were trying something different. I don't know what's up with the hillbilly extras from Wrong Turn 3 or that Pigfoot creature, but I'll stick with it and see where they're going...
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I'm not convinced, but I will also stick with it. I felt like they told almost a whole story in the first episode, but not quite. It made me wonder if we will continue with that story or jump to something else.

There was a story somewhere that had Cuba Gooding Jr. mention this season was a "Twilight Zone" feel. It would make sense in a way given the nonsense of "investigative report"/reenactments layout.

I have wondered if the two in the "reenactment" are in reality being controlled by puppets or aliens (the two "real" people talking to us) and that's one reason for their lives going this route. Would also still fit the Roanoke rumors of what happened to the settlers - at least one of the more absurd theories.

Plus, given how many of the "themes" they had included bad acting, aliens and other possession type situations - it would be plausible, and would fit a "TZ" twist.

I'm still going to give it a chance but if it doesn't change soon this may be the first one since the initial season (which I only saw two episodes of - but not by choice) that I don't watch.

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

I dunno.. I never try and compare seasons, inevitably it's always ruined for me when I expect it to only get better 'n better. I'm not liking the whole docu-style crap though. Rather annoying.. but I get it.

What bugs me about 'scary movies' is when someone THINKS they saw someone in the home/yard/woods/wherever and they go walking towards "it" and say, "Hello"? "Someone there"?

Not to mention, some creepy run down home in the middle of BFE and deciding to DRINK and go to the hot tub somewhere IN THE YARD in the middle of the night!!! bahahhaaha!

Not to mention x2, agreeing to stay in the rickety ole building ALONE.

I'd probably be a murderer or spirits worst victim, cuz I ain't doin' it. No way, no how.

One point where I did jump.. when she was driving away.. just started saying, "Oh somethi.."..BOOM!!!! There's Kathy Bates!!! Never do I scream at scenes in scary movies but I did go GAHHHHhHHh!!!
    It did help when I shut off all the lights though, DW likes these scary movies.

We're in it for the long haul.
    waywyrd likes this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I think I may be the only viewer in North America actually enjoying this season I'm finding it plenty creepy (although admittedly I am a bit of a wuss when it comes to this stuff ) without being over the top disturbing - though I suspect that is coming, it is AHS after all. So far this seems the most similar in tone to season 1, which I loved. I know a lot of people don't like the documentary style, but I am fully expecting some sort of twist to come out of that. Like maybe what we are seeing in "flashback" is real, and the narrators are actually actors or something. I don't know, I just think there is more than what we're seeing so far And if not, I guess that's okay - I'm still liking the central story either way
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I was pleasantly surprised. I really liked the first episode. Lets hope it stays that good.
    "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Dr. Who (10th doctor and my favorite)

OMG, that pageboy wig on Cricket! Loved the character, though. Like a male version of Tangina from Poltergeist.

The feral children creeped me out (that pig scene was disturbing)...and is Lady Gaga a witch, or what? I don't get her connection to the Butcher - don't serve weak soup in Roanoke! - or to the hillbilly cretins. I guess we'll find out...

Also, Shelby is stupid. She knows Lee didn't do that to her husband, yet she calls the cops anyway.
    beerbelly likes this.

Right! I don't think Shelby is stupid per se.....but I don't trust throw her as far as I can throw her. I think she's going to be one of those "unreliable narrators" we've been inundated with ever since "Gone Girl" became so popular. And in the very beginning, right after hubby revives, she loses her baby? Hmmmmm.........

But yes, those feral children creeped me out too!! And Gaga with her "eeeeaaaaat, eeeeeeaaaat" when she got Kathy Bates to eat the heart.......super creepy!!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Aw, I was just liking Cricket and they had to go and do all that. AND they zapped Denis O'Hare. Grr.

What kind of accent are these people supposed to have? Kathy Bates has some weird sorta-Scottish accent, and Gaga sounded like an extra from Dracula. Aren't these all supposed to be English colonists?

I read that episode six is going to have some mind blowing twist. We shall see...

I landed on FX recently and thought that I was watching AHS at first. I was really liking it and watched most of it, when I realized that it was NOT AHS. It was The Strain! I love it. I then checked around and discovered that I had landed on AHS (set in Roanoke) before.

Hmmmm, I watched a preview on the FX website. The guy talking in the beginning says he and his girlfriend move to NC! That's my state, so it got my attention. But, the name of the show this season is AHS ROANOKE. Roanoke is in VA, not NC. Anyone know why they set it up that way? Anyway, I'm amusing. I look forward to catching up.

Also, why is the boyfriend who is in the scene where the couple buys the house a different guy from the one in the scene where they bid and purchase the old house?

+ Reply to Thread