+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - FX

Re: American Horror Story - Hotel on FX

I guess I didn't find the finale lackluster if only because it's been a bit more tradition for Murphy to do the sappier type season finales as of the past three (Coven, Freak Show, Hotel).

Liz Taylor was definitely the most entertaining part of this episode, and I REALLY wish if they had to have dear old John in this story to have him at the beginning. They did make this bit quite disjointed as far as that scene. Then again - his family really could've been taken out and everything be fine.

Every bit of Liz's story was well done and showed how she got not only the ghosts to stop killing guests and hating basically the world to being friendly toward each other and having the respect and love of the ghosts and vampires there.

It was very telling alone there that none of the ghosts wanted to kill him, though Sally was more willing I think only because she knew how to end it quickly.

My favorite lines though have to go to March and Sally in the finale:

Sally: "You telling us to stop telling guests is like Colonel Sanders telling people to stop eating chicken."

James: "I'm not familiar with your military friend or his obsession with poultry."

Oh and weirdest dress of the night goes to Lady Gaga for that blue bit that I still wonder how everything stayed covered up.

And Angela Bassett looked stunning in that tan dress in the runway. I do kind of wish though it had been in a burgundy or such to make it pop out even more. Liz's dress in that scene is one of my favorites.
    beerbelly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I'm not sure if I saw the very end! My recording ended at a commercial break after the countess met a guy at the bar. Was that really the end??
    That was the end. She commented on how his jawline went on for days...seems she found a new pet to play with.

I enjoyed the finale, and didn't mind the sappiness. Liz Taylor was the highlight of the whole thing for me. Beautifully done, Mr. O'Hare.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Why was Sally a ghost? She was pushed out a window and died on the sidewalk outside. Also, why was John able to be in thwe hotel? Where are the kids that died there (group of kid vampires)?, etc. There are a few other things that I'm questioning, but I haven't been thinking about it... football playoffs and all.

Anyway. Who died when Lady Gaga had sex with whatshername? ? How come there were the online reviewers there, but NOT the ones who we saw earlier?!

Sorry. I don't want to question..I just have questions.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Why was Sally a ghost? She was pushed out a window and died on the sidewalk outside. Also, why was John able to be in thwe hotel? Where are the kids that died there (group of kid vampires)?, etc. There are a few other things that I'm questioning, but I haven't been thinking about it... football playoffs and all.
    It's been discussed that Sally was pushed out into an alleyway and died there, and somehow it was seen as part of the hotel property. She could've had part of the hotel in her too so she - per the hotel's choice, was "in" the hotel even if it were reversed.

John can only get into the hotel once a year during "Devil's Night" (aka Halloween) and in the morning and thrown out of the hotel and I presume can only walk the streets as that's where he died.

I wonder if the kids threw a hissy fit and choose to not show themselves in the hotel based on the fact Tristan was essentially invisible to Liz though he was there. That or the idea that children who die there can't stay there, as we do not see the countess' children who were bled out to let her live there either.

It is confusing but those make sense. Wish they mentioned it somehow.

Anyway. Who died when Lady Gaga had sex with whatshername? ? How come there were the online reviewers there, but NOT the ones who we saw earlier?!

Sorry. I don't want to question..I just have questions.
    The Countess actually. After she had sex with Romana, she was dressed up to head out to the hotel for good. That's when John comes out of the elevator and shoots her to death. He then cuts off her head and it's on display for the piece de resistance for March's collection.

The original ones probably didn't have a contract to do another show, or had filming conflicts so they created the new reviewers to have them be killed and shown in the finale. This isn't uncommon and the fact it jumped from present day to 2022 it was easy to explain a new set of reviewers. (Of note, I liked the ones who complained about there being no kale and eating cat food better - they were more entertaining to watch).

Of note, the two who were part of the foursome in the first episode also didn't appear in the finale, likely for the same reason.

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

American Horror Story: 6 | PREMIERES | SEPT 14TH | FX Networks

NEW SEASON 6 TONIGHT KIDS!!! yeeeeeehawwwww!!!! I'm hoping it isn't as disjointed as last season was, but still excited!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Season 6 should be called "American Horror Story: Absolute Nonsense."

(IMHO this is likely going to be either a season of "Behind the Scenes"/"Investigative Reports"/"Paranomal Witness" parodies with a variety of locations or the same thing but just that one house).

This was probably the first season I've seen of the show (I didn't watch "Murder House" because I didn't have the network) I'm going "Do I REALLY want to watch this season?"

There was nothing really intriguing about it and I don't like they're pushing politically correct stuff into it. Parts of it feel like the little bit I've seen of "Murder House" as well, and I'm wondering if the creators of a specific "Lost Footage Film" are going to sue them.

It was also a snoozefest. Say what folks will in regard to "Coven" and "Freak Show" (Usually the two panned the most) they drew people into the series a whole lot faster. Even "Hotel" had its benefits.

I really enjoyed AHS: Hotel, it was a very creepy season and gave me a lot of chills, although I have to admit that some parts were confusing to me but overall I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I was very impressed with Lady Gaga's acting, I initially was wary about her but she really surprised me, her acting was a lot better than I had initially expected, and I thought the role of the Countess really suited her very well.

I'm not all that familiar with AHS, I've only watched the 'Freak Show' and 'Hotel' seasons so I can only compare this to Freak Show and I enjoyed both, btw I seem to be watching this series backwards lol. But since each season is largely self-contained and very different to each other with different characters and story arcs, I suppose it's ok to watch them backwards, yes?
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaL100 View Post
    I really enjoyed AHS: Hotel, it was a very creepy season and gave me a lot of chills, although I have to admit that some parts were confusing to me but overall I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I was very impressed with Lady Gaga's acting, I initially was wary about her but she really surprised me, her acting was a lot better than I had initially expected, and I thought the role of the Countess really suited her very well.
    I thought it was rather good myself, and wasn't too happy with how some people treated her hitting Leonardo DiCaprio by accident (though she could've apologized, he shouldn't have rolled his eyes).

Will say my favorite character from Hotel was Liz though, and wish Dennis O'Hare was nominated for an Emmy.

I'm not all that familiar with AHS, I've only watched the 'Freak Show' and 'Hotel' seasons so I can only compare this to Freak Show and I enjoyed both, btw I seem to be watching this series backwards lol. But since each season is largely self-contained and very different to each other with different characters and story arcs, I suppose it's ok to watch them backwards, yes?
    Yes, but I will warn you that one character in "Freak Show" does have a backstory in the second season of "Asylum." It's OK to watch them backward though because you find out her story first then her fate in the earlier series.

As far as I know with the exception of a few character appearances in later seasons (Queenie in "Hotel" was also in "Coven" to know her full story) they're all separate from each other with just the few crossovers here and there.

That does NOT mean however this new season will have any crossovers or themes from previous years. Then again - I'm not sure if I'm going to watch past the second episode if it's like this first one.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Yes, but I will warn you that one character in "Freak Show" does have a backstory in the second season of "Asylum." It's OK to watch them backward though because you find out her story first then her fate in the earlier series.

As far as I know with the exception of a few character appearances in later seasons (Queenie in "Hotel" was also in "Coven" to know her full story) they're all separate from each other with just the few crossovers here and there.

That does NOT mean however this new season will have any crossovers or themes from previous years. Then again - I'm not sure if I'm going to watch past the second episode if it's like this first one.
    I see, thank you for the warning I'll keep that in mind when I watch the other seasons.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

So the premiere was.... bad. I didn't enjoy it at all. At first I was in to it, but now its just some stupid mockumentary! Cuba and Sarah's acting... so bad! I jumped one time towards the beginning, but that was it. The pig headed man? How fake was that! I expected so much more, especially because I am super intrigued by the real story about Roanoke. I sure hope it gets better.
    Boob Wrinkles - it is not a myth

+ Reply to Thread