+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - FX

FORT Fanatic

Re: American Horror Story - Hotel on FX

This is definitely my least favorite season by far.
    waywyrd likes this.

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

rose.jpg
    Updated 9:42 AM ET, Mon December 14, 2015

(CNN)
    Actress Rose Siggins, who played Legless Suzi on "American Horror Story: Freak Show," died over the weekend in Denver, her manager said.

She was 43.

"At this time we can confirm her passing, but cannot provide any other information until we release an official statement," her manager James Mullen said.

'American Horror Story' actress Rose Siggins dead at 43 - CNN.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This CNN story wasn't the first I read about her passing.. so sad. RIP. I read yesterday that she went to have surgery for (I THINK it said) kidney stone(s) surgery. After surgery it is said that she got an infection, that was ultimately her demise.

Geez. Two great characters from Freak Show. sigh.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I think this was one of the better episodes this season. Denis O'Hare rocks, plus Matt Bomer dancing to Hotline Bling? Oh yeah.

I wonder if the Countess is really dead...
    beerbelly likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I was so scared for the son. He was so nice and good that I was so afraid something would happen to him.

Poor Scarlett, two vampires and a serial killer for a family.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I think this was one of the better episodes this season. Denis O'Hare rocks, plus Matt Bomer dancing to Hotline Bling? Oh yeah.

I wonder if the Countess is really dead...
    Dennis O'Hare, as well as Kathy Bates and Evan Peters are really the ONLY reasons I'm watching this season. They're quite entertaining and shining in these roles. Mare Winningham (who plays the housekeeper) is also quite entertaining - I especially loved the wonderment of a washing machine.

This is by far has been my favorite season for O'Hare and Peters - though I admit I liked Peters as Kit as well in Asylum.

And while she has shown her acting chops to the point she earned a nomination, I find it GROSSLY unjust that ONLY Lady Gaga was nominated for a Golden Globe but not O'Hare or Peters (really the only other two deserving).

What is hurting this season I think is just they had too many pokers in the fire and too many characters, but not enough time. Admittedly this season could've been filmed while he was filming "The All American," but Finn Wittrock is grossly underused, as shown by how quickly they took out his characters, and others just are either boring (Wes Bentley and Chloe Sivengy) or their story lines just don't make sense (Sarah Paulson, to a point Wittrock's model character - Tristan, which required a Cliff notes type explanation).

Yes, other seasons had several plots going on, such as "Freak Show" but they never felt so heavy-handed in what was being shown each week. They flowed well, as did the lines in Coven and Asylum - though both of these and the first season were pretty straight forward in their storytelling: ONE main plot with some tangents here and there.

Admittedly I'm enjoying the season overall, but it's telling they've lost quite a bit of audience this season. It needs to get back to its roots of less is more.
    waywyrd and Maveno like this.

I'll always watch AHS, but I agree..this season has been a bit "hmmm" for me.

While watching the last epi, the vampire kid "Jimmy" looked so familiar to me. Then, watching it a second time, I'm pretty sure that the actor is Peter Pan in the Geiko's Peter Pan commercial.
    beerbelly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    While watching the last epi, the vampire kid "Jimmy" looked so familiar to me. Then, watching it a second time, I'm pretty sure that the actor is Peter Pan in the Geiko's Peter Pan commercial.
    That's him. We always yell "Phil!" when he's onscreen.
    Maveno and beerbelly like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Perfect! "Don't look a day over seventy, am I right"?
    waywyrd and beerbelly like this.

Hmm... kid plays an annoying immortal child on "AHS" and an annoying immortal (but better for everyone long term) immortal in a Geico commercial.

Poor kid's going to be stereotyped to the point he may really need the Countess' blood long term just to keep having jobs.

BTW I do agree with most that this is the most visually stunning season they've had though. I love the hotel sets - makes me wish it was a real hotel to visit (without March's horrors though ) and the costumes are fantastic. They took real care to make the 1920s/silent film era costumes historically accurate too, including being pretty close to accurate on Rudolph Valentino's "The Sheik" costume.

I admit - I really wish they had kept Valentino a bit longer - at least one more visit to the hotel before being killed off. Wittrock was underused and he did a good impression of the mannerisms and behavior I saw of Valentino. Voice is another story - I'm not sure anyone ever really heard his voice, or if it was ever recorded.

On the flip side, in Evan Peters' character however, you can tell he patterned his voice a lot like William Holden, the actor he was told to study.

Are you sure about Evan patterning his voice to that of William Holden? Im just not hearing that at all.
    Hurting you is the last thing I want to do... but it's still on the list

+ Reply to Thread