+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - FX

Re: American Horror Story - Hotel on FX

I caught a portion of the show last night. I'm lost though. I have to start with episode one.

Remind me to never order pâté from room service.

WTH, Alex? She caused a whole herd of kiddie vampires to be unleashed upon the town. Now that she's joined Gaga and her Children of the Corn crew, what's going to happen to her poor daughter? Everyone seems to have forgotten the kid.
    Maveno, beerbelly and JavaJo like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Remind me to never order pâté from room service.

WTH, Alex? She caused a whole herd of kiddie vampires to be unleashed upon the town. Now that she's joined Gaga and her Children of the Corn crew, what's going to happen to her poor daughter? Everyone seems to have forgotten the kid.
    Last we saw of her she was on the phone with Daddy asking to stay at Grandma's for awhile more. Her dad sent her there when he thought the Ten Commandment killer was after her and her mother.
    waywyrd likes this.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Bacon is the present a pig gives you for being good.

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

I LOVED Liz Taylor's story!

The vampire stuff pretty much annoys me. It's almost too much stuff crammed into this season.. But. I'm a diehard fan, so.... I'll deal.
    beerbelly likes this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I agree, I wish there was one less storyline. I think the other vampire trying to kill the vampire babies can go.

But still adore it too!!!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I'm not complaining. Anything they do has to be better than last season.
    beerbelly likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I know. Freaks wasn't that good at all. That silly purple smoke ghost man.....
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

om.god. For a mere nano-second, I thought she'd let Tristan 'n Liz have each other....I actually kicked the air & screamed when she did him in. When Liz first started telling her, I was hollering, NOOO!! DON'T!!! NOOOooo"!!

My favorite character is Liz...and now I can't wait for her to serve vengeance. At least the rest of the season I'll hold out hope.

John, poor John.. LOL Lord, WHY he didn't pack up and leave earlier is beyond me. It's kinda sorta funny..but sad too.

So, a couple of questions if anyone might know. Do you think the Countess's baby had his face that disfigured at birth, or, which I think, John shot his face off?

For the life of me, I just don't understand what the abortion doctor was about. ?? Why was he so calm, and why did he so gleefully give her 'demon' baby to her??!

Finally. An episode that I enjoyed/hated/could follow a bit easier.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    om.god. For a mere nano-second, I thought she'd let Tristan 'n Liz have each other....I actually kicked the air & screamed when she did him in. When Liz first started telling her, I was hollering, NOOO!! DON'T!!! NOOOooo"!!

My favorite character is Liz...and now I can't wait for her to serve vengeance. At least the rest of the season I'll hold out hope.
    Me too - though I have a feeling we'll still see Tristan for a time yet based on the fact they had the Swedish girls come back as ghosts. I hope so - Finn Wittrock is one of the few GOOD newcomers they've had to this series and it's just too soon for him to leave completely.

And I think this is definitely the best character that Dennis O'Hare has played - he's actually enjoyable to watch in this role compared to his other ones. Then again - it's nice that he and Evan Peters have been allowed to play characters that have been more of the antitheses of their past roles this season - and the better for it.

John, poor John.. LOL Lord, WHY he didn't pack up and leave earlier is beyond me. It's kinda sorta funny..but sad too.
    I guess he's taking the lyrics to "Hotel California" too literally - though he isn't a ghost (at least yet/possibly)?

So, a couple of questions if anyone might know. Do you think the Countess's baby had his face that disfigured at birth, or, which I think, John shot his face off?
    The face looked a LOT like the blank one of the addiction demon, but with part of his face shot. I think it's a combination of both given her "blood virus," how he was delivered, and now getting shot.

For the life of me, I just don't understand what the abortion doctor was about. ?? Why was he so calm, and why did he so gleefully give her 'demon' baby to her??!

Finally. An episode that I enjoyed/hated/could follow a bit easier.
    The abortion doctor is a tie-in to the very first season - Murder House. The Countess went there to get an abortion. From what little I got to see of that season (it was before I got FX, and they showed this during a "free viewing" week), that doctor had a rather creepy interest in the dead and trying to bring back the dead.

He did eventually piece together the body parts of his dead son and bring him back to life, creating the "Infantata" who would kill some characters later on in the regular season. This bit with the Countess however was BEFORE this, and I can't say why without really spoiling the season.

(And sadly, we will not see Infantata this season unless he's recast - Ben Woolf, who played this character and Meep in "Freak Show" died last year).

You can find out more about the season though online.
    Maveno likes this.

I know not many have commented on this season, but it's gotten better over the past two weeks.

Am not surprised that the Detective is the Ten Commandments killer, but HOW he came to be made it interesting. Add to it Evan Peter's Mr. March adding the dark humor to the situation it made for an enjoyable episode.

Before that, we get another surprise in that we get the backstory for the Countess AND how she came to be infected with the blood virus. This too was nice and a good show piece for Lady Gaga, showing she is more than the cold, collected and cruel Countess we see present day. She played the young innocent from the country acting in silent movies and such quite well.

Also, Lady Gaga proves that she can wear just about anything they throw on her in this show, including period clothing, and look fantastic. I think she has looked best however in the 1920s clothing, which was quite accurate in styling.

And naturally - she falls in love with Rudolph Valentino - played by Finn Wittrock (one of the first if not the first time an actor has had two different roles in this show). I give them props here for putting Wittrock in the role - he does at least favor (slightly or largely depending on your POV) Valentino. I'm not as impressed though with the choice of his second wife, Natacha Rambova, but she isn't too bad.

This past week's with revenge being the theme is interesting, if a little confusing. I'm looking forward to seeing who GETS revenge. We saw the Countess get some with Ramona, who ends up killing the designer in one of the sealed rooms of the hotel.

My guess would be the "she" who gets revenge will be - at least in part, Liz Taylor only because of how wonderfully cold and witchy she was last night toward the Countess for killing Tristan. I can see the show decide to play up on the rumors that Valentino had homosexual tendencies, have him come to the Cortez, see Liz, and they fall in love and create a similar situation as before, but this time Ramona also gets mad at the Countess which leads to their fight in the teasers.
    Maveno likes this.

+ Reply to Thread