+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - FX

Re: American Horror Story - Hotel on FX

WOW WOW WOW!!

I'm just glad I record this since I can't stay awake at night. I don't think I could watch this when it's dark out. And can I say, even though it is scary, I sure do enjoy looking at all the HOT men in the cast. Youza!

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    No doubt, that was the craziest premiere of this series yet.
    How freaking sexy is Matt Bomer? He does bad well!!
    waywyrd and lilcountriegal like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I have to admit while I felt the plot was just slightly thin this episode (which is OK, as it will build) it looks like this season will be a corker.

Definitely some creepy moments, and the scene with the addiction monster was disturbing (but IMHO it should be). Did not expect the bit with Hypodermic Sally, but given the running joke about Sarah Paulson and her characters, I'm not surprised this happened either.

The serial killer is hopefully going to be a nice added twist, but I'm confused as to which sin supposedly was shown as far as the one that freaked out the girl.

It's nice to see a character that Kathy Bates can develop more this season compared to the previous two. I like the more "straight faced" dry humor she has so far as Lily.

Matt Bomer and Lady Gaga are effective in their roles - creepy, cold and calculating. The Countess leading the young boy to the playroom in a kind and polite manner almost felt like the Pied Piper or some character that leads people to their doom/away from familiarity.

Didn't mind the travelers either and that one's fate was not unlike the stereotypical horror story.

I thought Liz Taylor would bother me, but it's nice to see Dennis O'Hare not play it campy - my worry/bother.

The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful, and yes even the simpler rooms inside. I think they said this is a set though, which is disappointing because I can so see this one actually be used in real life.

Not a bad start, but hopefully they are careful this year to not turn it into a bit of melodrama like they did the past two seasons.

FORT Fanatic

well, honestly, as i was watching the episode, i was frequently remindedof " the shining" and "the hunger". anyone else? this comparison with "the hunger" is especially strong due to both the movie and ahs usung bauhaus music for the vampirish scenes.
    redsox girl likes this.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this season so far. Could not even finish last season. I had no idea Lady Gaga could act as well as she does. This part is perfect for her!

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    The serial killer is hopefully going to be a nice added twist, but I'm confused as to which sin supposedly was shown as far as the one that freaked out the girl.
    Have to say.. Im confused by this. I must have missed some promos? (Admittedly, I didnt watch alot of the previews prior to premiere). Can you explain the sin reference?

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsessence View Post
    well, honestly, as i was watching the episode, i was frequently remindedof " the shining" and "the hunger". anyone else? this comparison with "the hunger" is especially strong due to both the movie and ahs usung bauhaus music for the vampirish scenes.
    Yes I was saying the same. At one point I said, "well they definitely stole the carpet from the Shining"--which isnt a bad thing. Also, when you see creepy twins in hotel hallways, its time to run in the other direction.
    Finally some erotic vampiric characters. Ive seen too many fall flat in that aspect. This season looks promising to me.
    beerbelly likes this.
    Hurting you is the last thing I want to do... but it's still on the list

I'm watching last season on Netflix - and this season's opener has got me more interested then where I am with 'Freaks'.

Love the crazy characters and 'The Shining' feel. (One of my favorite movies.)

I actually gasped when that creature came out of the mattress!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

This was the first time I have ever watched any AHS and I have to say wow, that was disturbing, surreal and creepy. I'm a big horror fan, nothing phases me but that kind of did. Can't wait for tonight!! Now I have to catch up on all the past seasons.
    beerbelly likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by PipSqueek View Post
    Yes I was saying the same. At one point I said, "well they definitely stole the carpet from the Shining"--which isnt a bad thing. Also, when you see creepy twins in hotel hallways, its time to run in the other direction.
    Finally some erotic vampiric characters. Ive seen too many fall flat in that aspect. This season looks promising to me.
    They didn't "steal" the carpet... it was used intentionally.
    Boob Wrinkles - it is not a myth

Well, it's nice to see Evan Peters play a role that isn't a simpering fool or questioning himself all the time. That whole bit about the hotel's past is creepy (and believe it or not based on a real serial killer and his hotel - H.H. Holden).

Finn Wittrock actually looks good in the 1980s or so inspired style they put him in. He's going to be an interesting character this season.

More intriguing episode, but the nearly double length episodes are hard to watch sometimes - not just content (because horror is supposed to be hard to watch at times or it wouldn't be the genre) but just the time of night can make people tired.
    beerbelly and JavaJo like this.

+ Reply to Thread