+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - FX

Re: American Horror Story - Hotel on FX

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    While I do not watch this show .... Billie Lourde and the cast is here. We received notices from the Town's FB page to just be aware that the filming will be going on and it may impede traffic around the Circle.
    They may be here for some time. Cool. But I don't watch the show. So I guess no biggie for me.

Tuesday, June 27 Filming Locations for The Papers, Property Brothers at Home, AHS, Jessica Jones & more! - On Location Vacations
    Well that stinks! Wish I was there. Don't suppose you could get any pics for the rest of us? That is so cool.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Dr. Who (10th doctor and my favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl View Post
    Well that stinks! Wish I was there. Don't suppose you could get any pics for the rest of us? That is so cool.
    Sorry, agamergirl, I missed your post!

'American Horror Story' Season 7 Title Revealed | Hollywood Reporter

So while I have never watched this show ... I think I might have to ... !!!

I will get to see my little city turn into "BROOKFIELD HEIGHTS, MICHIGAN"!!!
    KAREN

This season will have a 2016 election theme? Might be the scariest season yet.

And YES, bring back Twisty!
    Katydyd likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    This season will have a 2016 election theme? Might be the scariest season yet.

And YES, bring back Twisty!
    That's what they're suggesting, though they have backed away some from the Trump/Clinton vibe (probably because it will a. date the show and b. cause them to lose enough viewers the show would be over).

I personally think it's a mistake for the reasons I state above. The show has done FAR better when it is timeless. All the seasons save probably Roanoke have fallen into this category - but even Roanoke was far better when they were doing the "Return to Roanoke" part to the end.

Look, I get the show pushes the envelope - gay couples, cross-dressers, serial murders, taking history and bringing it back to life, the Nazi testing and torture in Asylum, Valentino being a vampire (underused to boot)...

... But politicizing this season in such a blatant and obvious way will do nothing more than divide their viewership, and could end their series run.

Don't forget the new season starts this Tuesday, 10 pm.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Don't forget the new season starts this Tuesday, 10 pm.
    I have been seeing the Trailers as they advertise their Season Premier.

waywyrd likes this.
    KAREN

TONIGHT!!!!
    waywyrd and Katydyd like this.
    KAREN

Honestly, I think they've made a mistake this season tying in "cult" with the election. All I saw yesterday was a re-enactment of emotions we saw election night and the days afterward.

There is also zero question the political slant in the story too, and honestly, I don't care what people's political beliefs are - when I watch TV shows (except news) I want to escape reality. Personally, I think this will backfire on them and big long term - and I'm basing this on what I saw, not political beliefs.

The only good part was with Twisty when he attacked the amorous couple during "Freak Show." Then again - I do think he was underused, even if it meant we got more of Finn Wittrock playing such a nice evil character in Dandy. (Oxymoron is not intended - he was just good in the role, though Valentino is my favorite).

What I wish they had done instead was focus it on a fake cult in line with Heaven's Gate, The Branch Davidians, Jonesboro - but not any of these literally (unless they tied in real life people into scenes as they did murderers in "Hotel").

I mean - think about it: they could've featured people who were more than willing to fall into the cult trap, those trying to get out (and failing) and the deceptiveness/brainwashing done with these groups.

They could also still make it fresh in other manners too that don't incite feelings from the election. I cannot see how Cult fits in at all with what they've filmed or teased for this season.

Worse - at least so far, I feel that Sarah Paulson is not being used well. All last night I kept thinking she was her actress character from "Roanoke" - all the screaming and crying and pleading. It got to the point of melodrama, which was fine for Audrey (the character last season) but not the new one.

I couldn't keep watching it - and that says something for a series I've watched with some of the most gruesome scenes out there. Not sure I'm going to try again.
    waywyrd likes this.

I agree with everything you said! I did finish watching, but I wasn't thrilled with it. I'm hoping they get away from the heavy political stuff - there's enough of that drama in real life - and veer more into the cult/clown thing. Clowns are frightening enough, I don't need the politicians, too. I did love seeing Twisty again. And yes, Sarah Paulson's character wore thin quickly with all the screeching and crying.

I'll give it a couple more episodes to grab me, only because I've always loved this series.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Yeah ... No ... Pretty sure I'm out on this one.
    I watched the full episode, and over-all I was left feeling miserable rather than intrigued, interested or even frightened.

I don't need TV for "miserable" ... that crap is EVERYwhere, and I try to avoid it whenever I can.
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

+ Reply to Thread