+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - FX

Re: American Horror Story - Hotel on FX

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I didn't even know Finn Wittrock was on the episode til I saw the credits. I did read that his character will be "the most f-ed up character he's played."
    Most people were confused so I checked online.

Finn IS one of the hillbillies, and in this case was really only seen in the scene where he throws a blanket over someone to capture them and in one of the barn scenes.

It is indeed interesting to note too though - why are there cameras in the hillbillies' home and why would these country bumpkins know how to use tasers?

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Most people were confused so I checked online.

Finn IS one of the hillbillies, and in this case was really only seen in the scene where he throws a blanket over someone to capture them and in one of the barn scenes.

It is indeed interesting to note too though - why are there cameras in the hillbillies' home and why would these country bumpkins know how to use tasers?
    I don't think they're stupid, so to speak. They just don't want anything to do with the outside world. Especially since they've got their "crops" And I think they have cameras because, being the sick people they are, they probably record it and watch it later. Just my view on it.
    waywyrd likes this.
    "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Dr. Who (10th doctor and my favorite)

American Horror Story - Hotel on FX

This episode finally got me interested in this season! I figured the bumpkins were out to make a buck off of the video footage. When I first saw Kathy Bates I was still thinking of her as The Butcher rather than the actress so I loved that twist!

I also appreciated the twist of people dying at the hands of other living humans. I kind of wish that it had turned out there were no ghosts at all, and everyone was killed by another living person. I loved the first season because the American Horrors were things like infidelity, and suicide, and school shootings. It was quite clever. If all of these people that returned for the new show had been killed by other living people, that would be the ultimate American Horror IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, that finale just fell flat for me. I didn't love it. The middle of this season was sooo good, then...blah.
    beerbelly and agamergirl like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I agree, I think it was trying too hard to be 'Dark Mirror' and was a dud. How did the woman escape the shooter?
    waywyrd likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I agree, I think it was trying too hard to be 'Dark Mirror' and was a dud. How did the woman escape the shooter?
    Lee escaped the shooter because another security guard shot him. It's so fast it's hard to notice because of the "technical difficulties" cut out, but yeah the last Polk was shot and killed. They should've however had much more security than they did.

The bits with Lana were well done, and one thing I liked was how well they did Paulson's old age makeup. She does look older between it and how she moves. The scene where she's interviewed in bed was also fun - and did help on time lapse between her attack and the final standoff at the house.

Personally, I was fine with the finale, though it could've been stronger at points. Admittedly, I loved how they handled the "Ghost Hunters" parody show and Lee's comments about how stupid they were - because they were. Felt though for Ashley, he really should've not done the show - I mean he even said "Maybe it was better I didn't be a part of the reunion show."

Point of contrition - there was ANOTHER survivor of the house: Dennis O'Hare's character as he was the only re-enactor who didn't show up at the house the second time but was there the first time. Then again - he was smart enough to not return.

Flora wins as the only survivor of the house who experienced the REAL horrors of said house.

Was disappointed we didn't see the Mott character again - as he was supposedly one who helped the original family, nor Scathach to see if maybe the real one was the one we saw in the "re-enactments" (possible). Those were plot holes honestly.

Anyone know who Matt Bomer played?

The final bit with Lee taking the place of Flora - I thought that was well done. As far as the explosion: I'm thinking they turned on the gas and let it run in the house. It appeared they were upstairs so they could've turned them all on downstairs, Lee run upstairs and meet Priscilla and then do the suicide.

Final scene - The house is destroyed so the Butcher and group should be happy no one will live there anymore. I would HOPE they'd let those who were still there flee, but we're led to believe they want to grow the family.

One more note - I liked the house's design myself, and apparently the real one still exists.

Not my all time favorite season: I've liked all of them save Murder House honestly, but it was better than I feared it'd be.

It really was a bit more preachy than the others though - showing how much we've tied into real-life crime/ghost stories and the like we sometimes forget the people who experience them are real people with real feelings and real experiences.
    waywyrd and beerbelly like this.

I just recently finished watching the first 2 seasons of AHS and omg I thought the other seasons were good, both Murder House and Asylum are even better (to me at least) I find the concepts and overarching storylines in both Murder House and Asylum more interesting and engaging overall than Coven and Freak Show, I wasn't very invested in Coven and Freak Show, I would have to say that the first 2 seasons are my favourites so far (even though I still love Hotel too), and I was especially captivated by Zachary Quinto's brilliant performances in both seasons, I think his acting is especially captivating when he plays villain characters As far as I know, Zachary has only appeared in the first 2 seasons, I wish he would appear in more seasons of AHS, I do miss seeing him in the subsequent seasons, but I suppose he's too busy with other works these days.

I still have yet to watch Roanoke though.
    Maveno likes this.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

Ok so I have now watched Roanoke and I have to say, surprisingly I found it even more interesting than Hotel, I like how different it is to the other seasons in the sense that I like the idea of telling the story through the concept of a reality show or documentary, very good storytelling, the main story was interesting too and I like the characters, overall I thoroughly enjoyed Roanoke.
    However I think my favourite seasons so far are still Murder House and Asylum, followed by Roanoke and Hotel, and finally Coven and Freak Show being my 2 least fav seasons.

I'm looking forward to season 7.
    Last edited by LindaL100; 01-13-2017 at 06:34 AM.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

I just read on wikipedia that the concept for season 7 will revolve around the 2016 presidential election and that there will probably be a character that's based on Donald Trump, which is very surprising to me because I never would've imagined that the election would somehow be involved in or be the inspiration for a TV show like AHS! AHS is suppose to be a horror show that sometimes feature gore and graphic violence and a lot of adult themes, so I don't know how they'd be able to incorporate the election into a show like this, but I'm intrigued. Maybe the character inspired by Trump turn out to be a serial killer or something or maybe it would involve the paranormal again? We'll just have to wait and see.
    beerbelly likes this.

While I do not watch this show .... Billie Lourde and the cast is here. We received notices from the Town's FB page to just be aware that the filming will be going on and it may impede traffic around the Circle.
    They may be here for some time. Cool. But I don't watch the show. So I guess no biggie for me.

Tuesday, June 27 Filming Locations for The Papers, Property Brothers at Home, AHS, Jessica Jones & more! - On Location Vacations
    agamergirl likes this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread