+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - FX

Re: American Horror Story - Hotel on FX

I am loving this season! On Facebook, there are so many haters and I don't understand why. Much better than last season, or the last few seasons, as far as I'm concerned. I look forward to seeing what they do next.
    Katydyd likes this.
    "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Dr. Who (10th doctor and my favorite)

Holy wow that was scary!!

I missed the two first episodes so I feel a little behind. Nice to see one of the actresses from True Blood (Tara's mom).
    Katydyd likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I don't understand all the hate for this season either. Even many of the people that say they don't like this season still comment about how scary it is - and isn't that kind of the point I'm really looking forward to finding out who survives (hopefully not the sleazy producer!), and seeing what they have planned for Gaga's character.
    beerbelly and agamergirl like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

It's like Big Brother: Murder House...I love it!
    Katydyd and wannasee like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

What I don't understand is why the original couple went back there. As I said, I missed the first couple of episodes so that is probably why I don't get it.

My bet is that the young actor survived. I'm thinking that the nurses were a 'set' since he had to go to another job.
    - Virginia Woolf

I'm still feeling a little 'meh' about this season. The twist was pretty predictable, and I'm finding myself feeling disgusted more often than scared. I don't buy that the people that KNOW would really choose to go back there without a much better explanation than a follow-up TV series.

I knew "real" Lee looked familiar, but totally missed that she was Tara's mom from True Blood! Thanks for mentioning that connection @beerbelly!
    beerbelly and redsox girl like this.

Oh good. I thought I missed something as to why they would agree to go back.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    - Virginia Woolf

Well, how do I describe last night?

Oh yeah - hilariously funny and gory.

There's something about Cheyenne Jackson that is immensely satisfying when his character bites the bullet in "AHS." Don't know why it is though. Felt for the other two though.

Poor Rory - looks like he won't be like his "Doctor Who" namesake - at least human wise.

As far as Shelby and Matt - that was one I wasn't expecting. Thought Matt would last longer than he did, but I'm not surprised.

Lee - unless she's still alive, got her just desserts (pun intended).

Butcher versus Agnes' Butcher was in all honesty the one that stunned me most as to the end result. I thought she'd be immortal like the real one from the Scathath scene in the episode (reason why below), but it was to be wrong. (Don't know who's playing the real butcher.)

What character was Finn Wittrock playing? I'm guessing he's the one with the long grey beard in the real bumpkin family. Even then, he's not really that twisted - it belongs to his mother. I'm thinking it's another character.

Couldn't figure out Taissa Farmiga's role either.

Anyone else notice that Scathath's face was NOT shown? Something tells me that the one we saw in the re-enactments actually IS the real Sacthath (Lady Gaga). As we don't know exactly where this parallels with Coven - it's possible that she still was alive for a few more years before dying from a new supreme witch coming. (Either that or she really wasn't the first supreme and she's just immortal).

Now - on to Shelby... I noticed a few very glaring things that lead to a few predictions (providing it isn't Lily Rabe goofing and they kept the footage anyway):

Click to see Spoiler:
    There's clearly some lying going on as far as her injuries - there would be NO WAY she'd be able to bludgeon Matt to death with a crowbar with the wound she received from a butcher's knife. In fact, based on the blood that was lost we saw on screen, she'd be lucky enough to be conscious, let along wield such a weapon, and definitely not multiple times without passing out.

So there are one of several things that could happen:

1. She's immortal - took the promise of Scathath we saw earlier in the reenactments so she's healed up and can go and murder folks.

2. She's doing the predictable "murder everyone so I survive and appease the ghosts."

3. The whole thing is a sham, or

4. It was a sham - and the actors caught up to it. One or two decide to murder the director (well and Matt, it's clear he's dead) make sure it never was shown again and disappeared under new identities and stories.
    waywyrd and agamergirl like this.

Last night's was so good! I was hoping "the butcher" was going to be alive longer. Kathy Bates did so well! I think it's her best work yet. Hope she gets some awards for it. I was also wondering about Shelby as well. Later her sweater didn't even have blood on it. The wound looked severe when it first happened. I can't believe she freaked out like that. Totally surprised me. I like Lee. The inbred family creeps me out. I would not have eaten any of that meat. Go ahead and shock me again. Was cool seeing the real butcher. I kind of thought she'd be honored but boy, was I wrong.
    waywyrd likes this.
    "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Dr. Who (10th doctor and my favorite)

Kathy Bates was fantastic last night! I guess the real Butcher (who was pretty damn scary, BTW) wasn't impressed. Interesting ideas about Shelby, jadewarlock...what she did to Matt was unexpected. And with those injuries...hmm.

I didn't even know Finn Wittrock was on the episode til I saw the credits. I did read that his character will be "the most f-ed up character he's played."
    agamergirl likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread