+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - FX

Re: American Horror Story - Hotel on FX

UPDATE! I figured it out. Roanoke Colony. Is that right?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roanoke_Colony

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I landed on FX recently and thought that I was watching AHS at first. I was really liking it and watched most of it, when I realized that it was NOT AHS. It was The Strain! I love it. I then checked around and discovered that I had landed on AHS (set in Roanoke) before.

Hmmmm, I watched a preview on the FX website. The guy talking in the beginning says he and his girlfriend move to NC! That's my state, so it got my attention. But, the name of the show this season is AHS ROANOKE. Roanoke is in VA, not NC. Anyone know why they set it up that way? Anyway, I'm amusing. I look forward to catching up.

Also, why is the boyfriend who is in the scene where the couple buys the house a different guy from the one in the scene where they bid and purchase the old house?
    Yes they are talking about the Lost Colony that you linked to. The idea is that the location of this house is where the people from the lost colony of Roanoke ended up. Then they REALLY disappeared entirely after The Butcher finished them off.

I'm not loving this season. I think it's because it feels like more of the same thing from week to week. People get scared in the house. They wander around in the woods and get disoriented. The Butcher shows up and threatens them. Rinse and repeat.
    agamergirl likes this.

Oh, that's not good. I wonder if they really filmed in NC. It sure looks like NC from what I've seen so far.

The Lost Colony really is a mystery. I think the story had potential.

What about the boyfriend who is narrating in the beginning. He's talking about what happened to him, but, when they show him bidding on the house with his girlfriend, it's a different guy. Is there some reason for this?

Oh, that's not good. I wonder if they really filmed in NC. It sure looks like NC from what I've seen so far.
    That house was built in a California forest specifically for the show. I thought it was an authentic old farmhouse, but it's brand new!

The people they show narrating are supposed the be the "real" people, the ones bidding on the house are actors playing those real people in this documentary. I don't love the fake documentary thing they're doing this season, but I'll run with it and see how it ends...
    Debb70 likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Oh, I see. I noticed the guy was different. I didn't notice the woman was too.

This season might be rather amusing to me. I've never had much faith in things like ghosts, haunted houses, etc., but, a few weeks ago, I heard this man and his father speak about their family home being haunted with their ancestors for over a hundred years on a local radio show. The way he and his 90 year old father describe the people they saw in the house and on the grounds, really made me think twice. I know it sounds crazy, but, this guy really sounded credible. He was a rather educated man, worked locally for most of his life and so had his father. I'm a very skeptical person, but, something sounded legit about it. None of the adult children in this family will go back into that house, because of the things they saw growing up. The owners have had experts come in and confirm it's haunted and the ones who are haunting it. It's their relatives who died over a hundred years ago! The family isn't interested in selling the place, charging admission or anything like that. It's just their family home. lol

I'm so upset the show wasn't filmed in NC. Oh well, at least it looks like it. I didn't realize the plants were so lush in Southern CA. lol

Here's a link about the set.
    AMERICAN HORROR STORY ‘ROANOKE’ FILMING LOCATIONS – SEASON 6 | OnSet-Hollywood.Com | Famous Hollywood Filming Locations
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-11-2016 at 06:26 PM.
    waywyrd and agamergirl like this.

I know it sounds crazy, but, this guy really sounded credible. He was a rather educated man, worked locally for most of his life and so had his father. I'm a very skeptical person, but, something sounded legit about it. None of the adult children in this family will go back into that house, because of the things they saw growing up. The owners have had experts come in and confirm it's haunted and the ones who are haunting it. It's their relatives who died over a hundred years ago! The family isn't interested in selling the place, charging admission or anything like that. It's just their family home. lol
    I'm a skeptic, but over the years I've decided that I really just don't know. Just because I haven't experienced anything like this doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I certainly do believe there are people out there who truly believe they have experienced encounters with the supernatural. Who am I to say if they really have or not?

My 12 year old daughter recently told me she wanted to play with a ouija board. I had to tell her no. Even though I don't "believe" in them, they still make me incredibly uncomfortable. I don't like the idea of messing around with anything I don't understand entirely.

Good call. I would avoid the OUIJA board, although, I had one as a child, played with it and nothing came of it. lol

The haunted house that I described above has a couple of little girls who play on the grounds, laughing and seem to have a good time. They run away when called to. The family has figured out who they are by searching their ancestors. Apparently, that was the best time of their lives and they enjoy being there. Some of the other spirits are not so happy. lol The current family has refused to rid the place of spirits, because it is a family home and these people are their relatives. They feel it wouldn't be right to kick them out! lol I thought that was funny.

So, I guess I will catch up on this season of AHS. I'll just pretend that it is in NC! lol

I'm in the middle of watching the latest episode. Its getting crazier every week. How in the world does the Grudge fit into this?
    "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Dr. Who (10th doctor and my favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl View Post
    I'm in the middle of watching the latest episode. Its getting crazier every week. How in the world does the Grudge fit into this?
    My guess is one of them will have been cursed by the house and the emotions in it, which allows the grudge curse to pass along to them.

Honestly out of all the episodes so far this has been my favorite. It was nice to see Frances Conroy back, as well as Evan Peters. The season has been missing their influence, especially the latter one's. And the scene in the barn regarding food... squick.

The again I've felt Lady Gaga's doing better with the character she has this year than the Countess.

Next week is when it's supposedly to have it's really big twist so hopefully it'll jump up some in entertainment.
    PipSqueek and agamergirl like this.

This is definitely becoming one of my favorite seasons!! Was the "big twist" predictable? Absolutely!! However, the plot actually makes sense.....and it is scary as all get out. I'll admit to jumping twice last night - once with an audible scream (but it was tiny ), and once with an audible "ohmygod"! This season AHS is accomplishing something it hasn't really done since Murder House - at least for me: Giving me plenty of good, creepy scares, without completely disturbing me at the same time. Give me the chill factor over the gross out factor any time!
    agamergirl likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread