+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)

The druggie son irritates me, but typical for a teen addict. The world is coming apart, but he is more worried about his "medicine". I like this show and I am NOT a zombie movie lover. I stopped watching the Walking Dead because I got tired of it. My son and daughter-in-law are addicted to it, so I'm guessing they love this one too.
    Maveno likes this.

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

When the main guy was talking to his ex in the kitchen.. she had the water running the whole time!!! Doesn't she know that we're in the worst drought in recorded history!?!? I was like, "SHUT IT OFF"!

At this point, after having to bash her bosses head in, run over the drug dealer a few dozen times, saw the neighbor eating a dog and get shot in the face.. I wouldn't be walking up to the fence and asking, "Suzy? You ok"?
    Last edited by Maveno; 09-15-2015 at 11:04 PM.
    Punkin, PipSqueek and beerbelly like this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by annemik View Post
    The druggie son irritates me, but typical for a teen addict. The world is coming apart, but he is more worried about his "medicine". I like this show and I am NOT a zombie movie lover. I stopped watching the Walking Dead because I got tired of it. My son and daughter-in-law are addicted to it, so I'm guessing they love this one too.
    Pretty sure the medicine is the drug they use to wean addicts off their drug of choice. Quitting cold turkey is very dangerous. I can see his worry over it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

It kills me that the mom is shielding the daughter. However, I find it very believable. I don't think this is as good as the Walking Dead. But I do like the older gentleman.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    When the main guy was talking to his ex in the kitchen.. she had the water running the whole time!!! Doesn't she know that we're in the worst drought in recorded history!?!? I was like, "SHUT IT OFF"!
    At this point, after having to bash her bosses head in, run over the drug dealer a few dozen times, saw the neighbor eating a dog and get shot in the face.. I wouldn't be walking up to the fence and asking, "Suzy? You ok"?
    They are filming in Vancouver But I see your point lol
    Maveno and beerbelly like this.
    Boob Wrinkles - it is not a myth

Funny, running water makes me nervous. Back in the 70's our NYC Mayor Kotch warned us about wasting water and it has stuck with me ever since.
    Maveno likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

This show is getting good! I absolutely hate the drug addicted son. I like everyone else. Its so interesting to see what happened in the beginning and the government's "response". Scary sad and emotional! I can't to see who is flashing the light signals. I think it would be a good twist if it ends up being that kid Madison drove home from school and she saves him and brings him to safety.
    Punkin and waywyrd like this.

I don't LOVE Nick, but I think Frank Dillane is doing a terrific job in the role. I mean, he's a drug addict; he's not meant to be terribly sympathetic. They're not often the nicest people to be around. Still, I like that he's a multi-faceted character and not a stereotype. The scenes last week with the Monopoly game were really terrific. Great writing and a nice way to show us a glimpse of what that family used to be like.

This week really felt like the calm before the storm.....or maybe they're in the eye of the storm. Daniel seems to be the one who really knows what's happening. The only one who'll be prepared for what is about to go down, although Chris, Madison and Liza seem to be waking up too. Maybe after Travis has seen the light/mirror from that so-called abandoned building, he'll start to realize all is not what it seems.

The rounding up of "sick" people was pretty horrifying.

RR - I didn't even think that the person in that building could be Tobias. It probably isn't, but that would be a nice twist. I liked that kid!
    waywyrd, JavaJo and Fo'Realz? like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think whoever was flashing those lights is done for, looked like machine guns took them out. Travis shouldn't have said anything to the military guys. Oops. He's way too trusting of the "system."

Ugh, Nick siphoning off morphine from the sick guy. Awful. I do enjoy the actor playing Nick, even if I don't like the character sometimes. And why on earth did they take him away? That I don't get...
    Punkin likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I think the nurse who was working to identify and take out the sick people reported that Nick was "sick" because of drugs.
    Lynda

+ Reply to Thread