+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)

I think for an opening show I was picking it apart more than enjoying it. The druggie sons wakes up in a filthy church but yet has on a clean , white girls sweater ? At least when he was hit by the car it showed that the bottom of his feet were dirty.

I didn't like the dialog where everyone was talking in code almost. How about some full sentences? When druggie son is trying to talk about the church and what he did say it reminded me of having a bad connection on a phone. About every fourth word was cut out.

I wasn't warming up the the Mom for two reasons. She virtually has the same expression on her face the whole show. Looking for the son, finding him alive, telling the officer to leave and seeing someone that just got shot and run over still "alive". What really pissed me off is when her boyfriend is telling her about all the blood he found at the church and she said she didn't care.

The reason that I have watched The Walking Dead for years is because I care about the characters. The druggie son is whiny, the smart daughter is getting ignored and the Mom looks bored with everything. You have to give me more backstory so I learn to love them like Carol on WD or hate them like Darryl's brother.

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAKite View Post
    I'm watching it now. I don't know why but the son wearing a girls sweater really bugs me. Then he starts running and it stays on ?
    omg.. YESSSSss!!!
    I invited a friend over to watch with us, and THAT really was the one thing we were obsessing on. haha!! Just bugged.
    Of course, I defended the clothing choice by saying, "hey heyyyy now.. when you're hooked on meth/heroine, you can't be choosy with your clothes". ha! Funny you mentioned that.

Anyway.. It was, meh. I think they're trying too hard to sneak in things (nuggets we might miss, Chaos Theory, the keeping warm classroom thingy) to really get to the nitty gritty of whatever.

How come the daughter is always going to the school, but not doing anything? She's never teaching, learning, etc. What is her role at the school?

Also, who'd go into a drug den "just to see"? Umm. No. Not even a big guy would go wandering around with a flashlight just to "see".

1 to 10. 5. Of course I'll tune in and see it through, it'll probably get better.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom View Post
    I've watched WD from the beginning, and thoroughly enjoyed Fear the WD premiere. But, it freaked me out and I had a hard time settling down to sleep that night! Even though we know what is about to happen, the characters have no idea what is going on- I love that about the show! I did keep looking around corners for zombies to appear, and really thought the old man in the bed beside the son was going to attack him while he was in restraints.
    Right?!? I couldn't help scanning every scene for any character in the deep background that might be moving in a herky-jerky, zombiefied manner.
    2boysmom likes this.
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

I agree about the druggie son's wardrobe. I thought putting him in that too tight girl's shirt was strange. But, he was there getting high with a girl and she was dead (he fell in her partially eaten body). I then assumed that he/they had been naked and he dressed quickly picking up whatever clothes were there and put on her shirt instead of his. Does this make sense to anybody or am I off base?

I think this is one of the better commercials I've seen for a TV show. Really effective:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ8Dfqyt8d8
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by annemik View Post
    I agree about the druggie son's wardrobe. I thought putting him in that too tight girl's shirt was strange. But, he was there getting high with a girl and she was dead (he fell in her partially eaten body). I then assumed that he/they had been naked and he dressed quickly picking up whatever clothes were there and put on her shirt instead of his. Does this make sense to anybody or am I off base?
    The clothing thing seemed totally reasonable to me. It's the kind of thing that happens after a drug/alcohol binge and (likely) sex. He probably got cold and just grabbed the nearest garment and put it on. That's what happens when you're not sober. His clothes were thrown on the floor with Gloria's and who know how many other people's clothes. It would have seemed off to me if he was all put together after a binge.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Well, I enjoyed this episode much more. Not just the actual zombie confrontations, but the whole riot thing. How quickly things escalate. I imagined zombies in the crowd and the rioters without a clue of who is next to them. How quickly things can spread!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

The kid who suddenly appeared in the school while she was getting stuff for her son.. Umm. Is that the ONLY knife in the city?

I really wish they'd TELL THE DAUGHTER what is going on, I mean, she keeps trying to escape and go see her sick bf.. How about "well honey, people are turning rabid..and it's escalating". NO, just stare at her when she asks, "What's going on"?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    The kid who suddenly appeared in the school while she was getting stuff for her son.. Umm. Is that the ONLY knife in the city?

I really wish they'd TELL THE DAUGHTER what is going on, I mean, she keeps trying to escape and go see her sick bf.. How about "well honey, people are turning rabid..and it's escalating". NO, just stare at her when she asks, "What's going on"?
    I agree. I told DH that they really need to tell her what is going on before she takes off.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

OMG, I was watching this week's episode and right in the middle of the really intense part of the riot scene, all of a sudden there were helicopters over my house! Scared the beejesus out of me!

I was disappointed to read that the ratings were down this week because I think this episode was the payoff for people who complained that the show didn't have enough action. I loved it. We're seeing the conflict and confusion and dawning terror that we mostly missed in WD. I think they have done a great job of showing us who these people are and delving into the dynamics of the group before they get thrown into total chaos. I can't wait! Those scenes where the power went out in LA were terrifying.

How much of a bada$$ is Ruben Blades!? Love him. He knows what's going on. As much as I find Travis frustrating in his reluctance to see the truth - even Madison is more willing to "wake up" - I think he represents how SO many people would be IRL. Kirkman has already said that, in this WD world, there are no zombie movies - no Night of the Living Dead, no 28 Days Later, no Zombieland - so it's not like anyone would be thinking, "OMG, this is just like that movie. George Romero was right! Zombies!"

+ Reply to Thread