+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)

FORT Fanatic

Re: Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)

Hopefully Chris and his friends become walkers soon.
    waywyrd and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Hopefully Chris and his friends become walkers soon.
    Almost.

I have no problem with Travis putting the beat down on those rotten boys, they deserved it. Welcome to the dark side, dude. And I even felt a little bad for Chris - should have listened to your dad, dummy. Hopefully Nick is okay (who were those guys, wannabe border patrol?) and they'd better not leave Strand out next season. He's one of the most intriguing characters in this mess.

There were definitely some problems this season, but I'm still looking forward to the next...
    Punkin and beerbelly like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

FORT Fanatic

The show has been pretty intense lately, especially the second to last episode of the season. I know tons of walkers were let into La Colonia with the bus being moved, but I was kinda surprised how quickly that gang got overtaken. I know they probably had limited ammo and all, but couldn't they have barricaded themselves in some of village buildings at least for the time being? I assume Daniel will be back next season.
    Last edited by Lonnie; 10-08-2016 at 05:27 AM.

Noooo, not Travis! I was really liking his character. WTF.

Strand can BS his way into and out of just about any situation, can't he? Now he needs to join back up with Maddie so they can kick some ass.
    Punkin likes this.

I was BAWLING when Travis died. I'm such a huge Cliff Curtis fan. I didn't want to see him go.

I DO love that the leader of the group is a woman and Kim dickens just KILLED it in the season premiere. I got chills.

I always liked Dayton Callie on SOA, but I have a feeling his character on this show is going to be a Big Bad. Yes, Unser was morally ambiguous, but I think Jeremiah is not one bit ambiguous. I think Nick will be the one to see through him first (or maybe he already has, considering his experience with the previous community and a too good to be true leader)...although, Madison did throw out the whole, "We'll live here with them or we'll take it over" line, a la Rick Grimes.

I REALLY want Daniel back soon AND I want him reunited with the group, as well as with Ofelia. Oh, and of course, we need Strand back with the group too.
    waywyrd likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fanatic

I've seen the actor who is playing Jake as too many bad guys in shows to trust him just yet.

I'm still waiting for them to reveal that Madison's maiden name is Dixon It would make so much sense.

OMG, I am SO happy Daniel is back! I loved this episode. And Jesse Borrego too!? I remember him from Fame back in the 80s. I hope they keep Efrain around for a while and I'm REALLY happy they dispatched Dante and his goons so quickly. I'm sick enough of characters like that on WD. I don't want that same dynamic playing out on this show too.

I'm starting to not care where Ofelia is. The stupid bit on TD with Mercedes Mason and the cue cards about where Ofelia could be are becoming tired. Just show us or don't show us. At this point, whatever the story is, it'll be a letdown after all this build up.

I read an article on, I think, Forbes praising this show over WD, especially the last season of WD. I have to agree. This season has been terrific and really an improvement upon last season. One of the points that I definitely agreed with in the article is that, if Daniel was on WD, Negan would be dead already. It's totally true.
    Fo'Realz? likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm still waiting for them to reveal that Madison's maiden name is Dixon It would make so much sense.
    I would love that!

I'm so glad Daniel is back, it helps make up for losing Travis. Daniel would have Negan crying like a little girl...

And I don't care where Ofelia is! I never was really invested in that character, honestly. I like the main group we have now, but Strand better start watching what he says and does - he's running out of friends.

I think the producers think Ofelia is a more well-liked character than she is. I mean, I don't dislike her, but she's not Carol or anything, who you cared about when she disappeared. One more week of this whole #whereisofelia nonsense on TD and I'm REALLY not going to care! And I like Mercedes Mason. The longer they keep her away, the cooler her story needs to be.....and we know that probably isn't going to happen.

Since that was Ofelia for a second in the preview for next week's episode, I guess we'll finally find out what happened to her. Will I care? The jury's still out.

I've been really pleased with how this season has developed. SO much better than last season and, IMO, way better than the last season of WD, which felt mostly like a muddled mess (too many kooky characters and just too many characters, full stop). I'd like to see our core group back together with Daniel and Strand finding Ofelia and then the whole group reuniting. Maybe even finding Luiciana too. They've got 2 hours next week, so it could happen!

On TD, Dayton Callie, when asked about working with the other actors on the show, used the past tense. He seemed to catch himself and then he continued his answer using the present tense. I'd guess that means Jeremiah might not make it out of this season alive OR he's left behind when the group moves on.

I though Snooki on TS last week was both random and sort of a waste of space on the couch. She's not the sharpest of observers. When they announced that Sinbad would be on this show this week, I thought, "Well, that's even more random than Snooki" It still was random, but I thought he was really funny and clearly is a fan of the show. He made some good observations. Dayton Callie was hilarious. I agreed with Chris Hardwick - he just needs to be on TD every week!

+ Reply to Thread