+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: HUMANS.... on AMC Sundays 9pm ET

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

HUMANS.... on AMC Sundays 9pm ET

HUMANS is set in a parallel present, where the latest must-have gadget for any busy family is a Synth a highly-developed robotic servant, eerily similar to its live counterpart. In the hope of transforming the way his family lives, father Joe Hawkins (Tom Goodman-Hill) purchases a Synth (Gemma Chan) against the wishes of his wife (Katharine Parkinson), only to discover that sharing life with a machine has far-reaching and chilling consequences. - See more at: HUMANS - AMC

Anyone else catch this last night? I was hooked in the first 15 minutes!!!!! For me this was one of the best pilot episodes ever. I was so intrigued on so many levels... the overall plot, the characters, the Synths, the actors playing the Synths... wow! All of it was just so good! I wanted more more more!!!!!
    Punkin and sclilred1 like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: HUMANS.... on AMC Sundays 9pm ET

No, I didn't watch it, but your enthusiasm is so infectious that I'm going to watch it this week! Thanks, Marlene!

I didn't catch it, but will watch it On Demand.

I watched and really like it. The robots are on the brink of becoming human in thought and emotion. I wonder who developed the first four.

Loved the opening sequence showing all the bots in standing position lined up in rows. Then they focus on one in the last row who, when the attendant leaves, looks up at the moon.

That sequence reminded me of the movie I love, I, Robot. And the advancement of syms reminds me of that futuristic show with Carl Urban last year and the one oddball bot with emotions who survived a whole destroyed series.

This has my attention and my DVR setting.

P.S. I first noticed this series as an advertisement following a few BB UK episodes on Channel 5, London. I believe it is actually taken from a Swedish TV series.
    Punkin and sclilred1 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I watched it and will continue to watch. I'll probably watch the first episode again.

I did not likeI Robot because it was so very different from the book. You cannot improve on Isaac Asimov and his series of Robot novels and his three laws of robotics.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Do you mean Mr. Robot? I watched and really enjoyed it. It is not associated with Asimov's books. The lead character is very strange in a creepy, yet compelling way.

I also found Humans interesting enough to continue watching. So many of our usual favorites have had season or series endings of late that I'm excited to see new stuff coming on.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

No, I was thinking of the movie, I Robot, especially the way all of the synths were lined up in that warehouse in the beginning. Not a comparison of plot to the movie, but some shots, such as that one.
    Punkin likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Pumpkin, I did not mean to imply the show Mr Robot had anything to do with the Asimov books. I was talking about the movie, I Robot with Will Smith in response to Arielflies saying they had liked it. Sorry about the confusion.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Oops! I'm the one confused. I guess because Humans reminded me of the new Mr. Robot show. I never saw the Asimov movie of the book. Is it recent?

Now Florimel, I know you did not intend to call me a pumpkin, and I'll assume it was the crazy imps in the spell checker that made it look like you called me a pumpkin.
    Kanga likes this.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

From Wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Robot
    I, Robot is a collection of nine science fiction short stories by Isaac Asimov. The stories originally appeared in the American magazines Super Science Stories and Astounding Science Fiction between 1940 and 1950 and were then compiled into a book for stand-alone publication by Gnome Press in 1950,
    2004 film
    Main article: I, Robot (film)

The film I, Robot, starring Will Smith, was released by Twentieth Century Fox on July 16, 2004 in the United States. Its plot incorporates elements of "Little Lost Robot,"[7] some of Asimov's character names and the Three Laws. However, the plot of the movie is mostly original work adapted from a screenplay Hardwired by Jeff Vintar completely unlinked to Asimov's stories[7]
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast