+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Hannibal

Hannibal

I couldn't find a thread for this show so I started one, hope that is ok. If not, just delete it. Does anyone else watch this show? Its so horrifyingly good. I originally understood that the series starts before all the events of the Thomas Harris novels Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal. Season 4 is supposedly going to cover the events of Red Dragon. Season 3 started up last week, and Hannibal is hiding out in Italy as a museum curator after stabbing Will Graham back in the states. I thought Hannibal hid out in Italy after escaping at the end of Silence of the Lambs, yet those events haven't happened yet- and Hannibal stabbed Graham right before Red Dragon. I am so confused! If anyone has any insight I would appreciate it! I love the show but am often confused by it, I think its smarter than I am lol
    cablejockey likes this.

Re: Hannibal

I dont think the producers are following the books all that much. This week's preview showed Will Graham back in the picture. I dont know if he is in Italy still or not.

I guess they are just doing it out of order and changing some stuff. I read that as of now, the Red Dragon events will be the second half of the current season. they are still negotiating the rights to the Clarice character so they don't know if she will be on the show yet. I hope she will!
    cablejockey likes this.

I never read the books and onl 2 of the movies--one I barely remember with Ra Liotta in it.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I never read the books and onl 2 of the movies--one I barely remember with Ra Liotta in it.
    That was Hannibal, the last one.

The books are sooooo good, I highly recommend them. I keep hoping TH will write another one telling us what Hannibal is up to
    Punkin and cablejockey like this.

I am wondering if Bedelia--Gillian Anderson--is going to be next on Hannibal's hit list! She seems to like studying his creepy ways, but how did she get to be at his side all thru Europe? Are they involved romatically?

I have to watch this on my computer right now because my cable company and owner of the local transmitter station couldn't reach an agreement and we're on black out for NBC now. Anyhow it was really jumpy for the first 10 minutes or so online.

I'm under the impression from what I did see that there's been a jump in time from the end of the last episode last season to this episode and also that Bedelia wasn't necessarily there because she was super thrilled to be there but more like a self preservation technique?

I haven't watched this week's episode yet but I have the feeling Bedelia may end up being more evil than we originally were led to believe

I first read Silence of the Lambs when it was newly out and was blown away, so I got the prequel, Red Dragon. And then I had to wait almost ten years for Hannibal! This is a lazy writer. LOL I doubt we'll get any more. But the writers here are doing a great job working off the novels, even if it seems disjointed time-wise at times. It is the only TV show to get a 100% Rotten Tomato's positive critic rating (their advertisements say). So that's something.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

It's one of the few shows that I kind of like the integration of existing source material and running with their own themes and ideas. I've read the books and seen the movies but I like the show as it's own thing.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast