+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree266Likes

Thread: UnREAL (Llfetime) Monday 10 PM

Re: UnREAL (Llfetime) Monday 10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Just to be sure, when you all refer to 'the rose show' are you talking about the bachelor/bachelorette shows? I sure hope Rachel cheers up a bit. She seems awfully miserable and I'm not sure why.
    In a flashback, they showed Rachel run up to the couple at the Final Rose Ceremony - the one where the lead has chosen his final one and ostensibly proposes - and she totally wrecks the scene yelling something like, "Stop, you don't know what you are doing!" As I remember it, she is warning the contestant that he/she doesn't know the lead at all and insinuating that contestant is not getting what the contestant thinks he/she is....

She then goes through the ensuing therapy, and evidently she has to (miserably) return as part of her sentence. The cameraman has given up on their relationship and now has a fiancee' who we saw be ultra sweet to Rachel. Rachel is miserable doing it, but the fact is she is fantastic at manipulating the contestants into giving the producer what she wants, and Rachel feels completely trapped and forced to do what she doesn't want to do. She desperately needs money to pay off her former roommate who has her computer and damaging things on it which she threatens to expose if Rachel doesn't pay her off immediately.
    Rachel feels stuck between the proverbial "rock and a hard place."
    Punkin likes this.
    The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

~ Author unknown

The situation with the father's death, I think, is a depiction of a collection of behind the scenes' tricks meant to culminate in the climax scene where the head producer announces that she has her "psycho". The circumstances surrounding the suffering from grief of a perfectly sane girl are highly manipulated and edited to make her appear to be insane - a screaming banchee, in slang a psycho.
    In truth, when Meredith's grandmother died, we saw her leave the show, attend the funeral, come back, and be Bob's F4. Another girl who evidently wasn't going to be in the Finals had a death in the family, and we saw her leave without a lot of hooplah.

Maybe they were trying to show several things....how things can be made to look like what they aren't through editing, how they get their characters (psycho), what length they will go through to get what they want - the black guy manipulating the black girls, Rachel and the lead shamelessy attending the funeral and manipulating the little brother and the contestant into coming back, etc.

As far as the character playing Fleiss ...Fleiss was known to be a womanizer. His wife filed for divorced not too many years ago, but long before she did, he was known to be carrying on with some of the contestants at the Women's Tell All.
    However, I did not know about a long running "wife on the side," if there was one, or if there had been a late pregnancy for Fleiss and his wife.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 06-13-2015 at 11:52 AM.
    Punkin and Cornholio like this.
    The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

~ Author unknown

He married for a second time in 2014 and has a toddler running around. He and first wife have two children.

Remember when the most scandalous thing we knew about him was that he was second cousin to Heidi Fleiss?

He does have a reputation and at the time the writer of the show knew him probably drew the character pretty close to home.

As I mentioned in my last post, this show has gotten so raunchy it is difficult to watch without feeling sick. It is so much more fun to make fun of the people and the sameness of the real show from a distance. The UnReal show is too close.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    He married for a second time in 2014 and has a toddler running around. He and first wife have two children.

Remember when the most scandalous thing we knew about him was that he was second cousin to Heidi Fleiss?

He does have a reputation and at the time the writer of the show knew him probably drew the character pretty close to home.

As I mentioned in my last post, this show has gotten so raunchy it is difficult to watch without feeling sick. It is so much more fun to make fun of the people and the sameness of the real show from a distance. The UnReal show is too close.
    I already knew a lot of this stuff, but seeing it lumped together like they are doing for time and impact really has more and a worse impact. Also the whole situation with Rachel - and the extreme exploitation of her - to cause her to be like she is and to do what she does is heartbreaking. I am scratching my head, though, trying to figure out if Rachel is based on a real figure, or if she is created to depict many smaller things in a highly dramatic manner that gives the story the backbone it needs to carry it through from beginning to end.

~ Author unknown

I've caught up through the 4th episode, and it appears to me now that at least at this point this series seems more focused on the stories of the producers, Chet (the Fleiss type character), the cameraman, and the lead (Adam) to a lesser degree.
    The contestants and the show's mechanizations seem right now to be taking a backseat.

Is anybody on this show happy?

~ Author unknown

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Is anybody on this show happy?
    It doesn't seem it, but that sort of reminds me of the bachelor I see they all have handlers, just like the yoga instructor from Sean's season said. She was bunked in a room with 7 others, one washroom. They asked her what silly thing she would say when she got out of the limo, she had 90 seconds with Sean thanks to her handler, and was so very very happy to go home, so no like the rose show, they aren't happy.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

After hearing a commercial and finding this thread I went looking and have watched all five episodes.

Well, that show bursts a lot of bubbles, doesn't it?! I'm looking forward to watching rose ceremonies in a whole new light. As to this show itself, I'm impressed that Lifetime is moving forward with more than filmed paperbacks. Interesting characters, a better expose'
    sclilred1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT View Post
    After hearing a commercial and finding this thread I went looking and have watched all five episodes.

Well, that show bursts a lot of bubbles, doesn't it?! I'm looking forward to watching rose ceremonies in a whole new light. As to this show itself, I'm impressed that Lifetime is moving forward with more than filmed paperbacks. Interesting characters, a better expose'
    It really does, it was suspected that the rose show was producer driven, now I would like to know just how much.
    sclilred1 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

It didn't burst any bubbles for me; just confirmed what I already knew or suspected about the show.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    It didn't burst any bubbles for me; just confirmed what I already knew or suspected about the show.

I am just surprised just how much. I am not sure about who stays and who goes. I find that hard to believe. A lead has some choice, we have always known TPTB have picks, and I don't the lead goes against that.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread