+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree266Likes

Thread: UnREAL (Llfetime) Monday 10 PM

Re: UnREAL (Llfetime) Monday 10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    They seem to be adding episodes every week to On Demand. I just watched episode 4 and this is getting raunchier and raunchier.

Be mindful there is sexual content and language.
    After the first episode aired and got such bad ratings, they added the first 4 episodes OnDemand. I watched them all over the weekend. We had talked about it earlier in the thread. I hope they add them all.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    After the first episode aired and got such bad ratings, they added the first 4 episodes OnDemand. I watched them all over the weekend. We had talked about it earlier in the thread. I hope they add them all.
    I cant get them
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I realize that Sarah Gertrude Shapiro wrote the short film Sequin Raze on which this series is based, and she also has experience producing on The Bachelor. While unReal may be based on her short film, it is also a drama. Some of it at least is fiction, and some of it probably drawn from real life experiences.

I'm assuming (from watching the show), that Sarah probably became fed up with manipulative "producing" and saw writing this as therapeutic. At times, it is just so gross....the manipulation and deception would have driven me crazy, and you see that is just what happened to the character Rachel in the first episode. You also understand more what Rachel's life was like growing up with a Psychiatrist mother, and I am sympathetic to her character. But, somehow instead of feeling depressed, I find this show comedic. I don't know why I laugh at it (not all the time of course), but I find it amusing..... Tongue and cheek humor amuses me I guess. So, I'm in for the remainder of this season at least. Is Rachel a young Quinn in the making or, will she redeem herself?

ETA: Fanny, you can watch online at Lifetime.
    Punkin, dzigner and Katydyd like this.
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

Probably not as she lives in Canada. So, it's one week at a time on the station channel that shows Lifetime.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Probably not as she lives in Canada. So, it's one week at a time on the station channel that shows Lifetime.
    Alas for those of us in Canada....so far no On Demand repertory

I don't mind that much, I watch it directly after the rose show. The similarities make me LOL, but it also makes me think about reality TV. and just how much its not how we see it.
    Punkin and Mike'sgirl like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Well, I don't even have cable or satellite. We are strictly on free tv over the air (off of antenna) and are not able to normally watch this station. I didn't have to login. If the show is in Canada, it is possible they will allow them to watch also?? But, I guess they might block IP's from outside U.S. Anyway, worth a try maybe?
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    Well, I don't even have cable or satellite. We are strictly on free tv over the air (off of antenna) and are not able to normally watch this station. I didn't have to login. If the show is in Canada, it is possible they will allow them to watch also?? But, I guess they might block IP's from outside U.S. Anyway, worth a try maybe?
    The show is on Lifetime website and can be watched there a couple of days after airing on TV. They just don't have the future episodes posted.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.

Got it! I watched the first four just recently and have no idea how many more episodes will be in the series for free. I will continue to watch now as long as they make it available for free.

I'm not surprised that viewers have failed to appreciate the show and viewing numbers are down, I think it destroys their romantic illusions about these types of reality shows. But, I laughed so hard in the first episode when Quinn realized she no longer had her villain and had to pull all of her post-its off the storyboard and start over. Sadly, I think most of the time producers get their way.
    Punkin and sclilred1 like this.

Some viewers are quite angry that this show would ruin the illusion, of that really fake rose show.
    sclilred1 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread