+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree266Likes

Thread: UnREAL (Llfetime) Monday 10 PM

Re: UnREAL (Llfetime) Monday 10 PM

It kind of made me wonder if Kelsey wasn't really who we thought she was.
    ilja likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

That's a good point.
    Will you accept my Frankie & Lost in Space Debbie hair violin playing Mirror-ball dancing Indian giver rose from an always a bridesmaid egotistical Big Brother repeat loser who got beat by a pan-banging meatball ?

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    It does give you pause about all of the Bachelor/ette villains we have despised over the years.
    It really does. Isn't it funny they have different people go after the girls, like the black man talking to the black girls. The girl that wanted Pepper to say a certain something Or how very very manipulative they are in getting that one shot . When Angie came back, and the ambulance was waiting. That's how they get their misleading previews.

Extra money for nudity, etc. etc..wow. Just wow.

Just like the rose how, no way is anything not planned months ahead, nor does it care how cruel they are.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I've just binge watched the 4 episodes OnDemand. For someone who has never watched a season of The Bachelor/The Bachelorette, this has been amusing and yet darkly horrible at the same time. I would assume it is both a satire and an exaggeration of 'behind the scenes' production of the "reality" show. For those of you who watch the shows, what do you think?

I am particularly disconcerted by the Rachel character, who I understand is there despite her wishes and seems to be a humane, caring person with a conscience, yet will commit the cruelest, most insidious and warped actions to advance drama at the drop of a dime (bonus $$$).

I have a very good, old friend who is a total fan of The Bachelor/The Bachelorette and phoned her after my binge watch and tried to explain to her what this UnReal show is about. She is not my smartest friend and I had a hard time adequately describing UnReal, but I could hear over the phone, her disinterested eyes glazing over and compete lack of interest. She loves her Bach/Bachlette doesn't want to know how the sausage is made. Funny, because that is the only thing about such shows that is interesting to me. So I'm liking this, but I still want to know how fans view it: more true? or very exaggerated?
    Mike'sgirl, dzigner and alizarules like this.
    Lynda

There is truth in the exaggeration. Bits have slipped over the years about the endless limo drives that will only let you go when you cry...thus the viewers named them the "limos of tears" without really understanding how those tears happen.

The ITM (In the moment interviews) are the most tricky because they edit out the questions (So, what do you think about the Bachelor?) and Frankenstein the answers (Ugh! His eyes are too close together and give me chills.)

Most of the hype for previews also includes Frankensteined voice-overs especially near the end when everyone is "confessing" their love.

It's a crock, but every once in awhile magic does happen.
    Punkin, Mike'sgirl and dzigner like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I think its scary how near to The Bachelor/The Bachelorette it is. There has always been this, this feeling from fans who liked the older shows, that they attempt to really push the envelope of late. I can see the Racheal's on Unreal being very much like this on the rose show
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 06-10-2015 at 12:12 AM.
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    There is truth in the exaggeration. Bits have slipped over the years about the endless limo drives that will only let you go when you cry...thus the viewers named them the "limos of tears" without really understanding how those tears happen.

The ITM (In the moment interviews) are the most tricky because they edit out the questions (So, what do you think about the Bachelor?) and Frankenstein the answers (Ugh! His eyes are too close together and give me chills.)

Most of the hype for previews also includes Frankensteined voice-overs especially near the end when everyone is "confessing" their love.

It's a crock, but every once in awhile magic does happen.
    They totally did that with Kelly Jo, Bob's runner up. Just drove that poor, perky girl around badgering her and (probably) filling her with alcohol until she cried on camera.

I'm enjoying UnREAL. Maybe that's because I've always thought the Bach series were totally ridiculous and snark-worthy. If true love happens, I think it's pretty much dumb luck. There are plenty of viewers who, like me, watch mostly to make fun of it.

I'm sad to see Craig Bierko playing a schlumpy sleazeball. I had such a crush on him back in the day.
    alizarules likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Especially THAT schlumpy sleazeball.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Bierko is practically unrecognizable
    Boob Wrinkles - it is not a myth

They seem to be adding episodes every week to On Demand. I just watched episode 4 and this is getting raunchier and raunchier.

Be mindful there is sexual content and language.

+ Reply to Thread