+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree266Likes

Thread: UnREAL (Llfetime) Monday 10 PM

Re: UnREAL (Llfetime) Monday 10 PM

This is well done and interesting, but I found it pretty depressing. I'll probably watch another episode or two before deciding if it's going to be bad for my mental health.
    pikachu and Imperfect1 like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I loved it, I loved how they had girls there for the crazy, and made sure they got lots of booze in them.Then they shoot scenes with nothing to do with the show, so they can use them later. Its just like the rose show, with take after take.Its so much more interesting than watching the new 'ette kiss everyone, I didn't even fall asleep.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I really liked this one too - I thought it the perfect pairing with Devious Maids It looks like it is going to be good - I hope the rest of the season lives up to the first episode! I loved seeing the set and all the people running around - especially during the introduction of the "princesses." When you watch a show like the Bach, it's easy to forget that of course there's all kinds of production staff, set, lighting, and camera people all over the place....all we see is the finished product of the limo sweeping up the huge empty drive of the mansion - ready to drop off one of the lovelies to her waiting would-be husband. I read the link you posted Fanny Mare - thanks I think it's a good reminder that we sit and watch shows like The Bachelor and think "How could you not know what you're getting into?" But the true reality is, no one can really understand what goes on behind the scenes until they've experienced it first hand. On the other hand, if you're going to go on a reality show and exclaim to anyone that "My eggs are rotting," well.....
    dzigner, alizarules and sclilred1 like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I just couldn't go it.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I just couldn't go it.
    If you don't watch the bachelor, I don't think it would be enjoyable
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    If you don't watch the bachelor, I don't think it would be enjoyable
    Yeah I don't & it wasn't.

I don't watch The Bachelor franchise tough I did at one time. I am enjoying this a little because it
    shows that all these show are really like and why I never watch them. Don't know how long I'll stay with it but it confirms everything I believe.
    Mike'sgirl and Miss_Griss like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The one that "returned" seems to be based on the woman that actually was a part of the Bachelor show. I love how she "sabotaged" the show by talking the lead into keeping the one the producers wanted to leave and booted the one the producers wanted to stay.

But then she turned that around, so they had footage of their pick going mad. I know one thing, when they all wanted to pee,after being in the limo for hours and they did so by the side of the road, it proved the rose show is anything but glamorous, and you sign away all rights.I can't wait to see what happens next week.!
    sclilred1 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Re: Bachelorette 11: Spoilers and Speculation **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    On that note check out the new show on LifeTime - UnREAL - where the show thrives on producer manipulation. It is on at 10 PM Mondays.
    So I watched this show Monday night. For whatever it is worth, here our my thoughts... From what I know from a (past) sleuther's standpoint, and from what I have also read since Monday, a lot of it is on it. There is a lot of standing around waiting and waiting. There is also re-filming. However, I have heard varying reports on that one. DeAnna said her Bachelorette season did not refilm that much, but the word that came out of Ben's Final Rose Ceremony was that evidently an agreement was that it was refilmed until it looked just like it did ( which was very mild!).

Also, the producers are ruthless about getting the scenes they want. Examples are how they had Rachel set up the sweet young lady with the teddy bear and the virgin. The producers are everywhere including dressed as waiters.

Over the top is how they did not have Adam's contract tied down and had to lie to him to get him to sign at the last minute. The lead's contract is signed well before hand, and they have spent all kind of money promoting the lead before the season opens.

The entrances with the limos was way over the top exaggerated. It is true that the way that we see them is not the way they originally came, but they way Unreal showed it simply doesn't happen. There may be time in between, but it is not the circus that it looked like the other night!

Rachel's backstory -which looks to me like it was more the focus than anything at least the other night - is something that has believed me has never happened!! The sluethers would have heard that one immediately.
    Now, this may be known, and it would not surprise me if it is....but this one did. One season, either one of the producers or a crew member was going to be caught in the bedroom with a contestant, so instead he jumped out of the window. He broke his leg!
    Both he and the contestant of course were sent packing. That is as close to Rackel's episode as there as been.

I also think that over the top was the huge makeout session between Adam and the sexpot contest during the Meet and Greet. It has only been in the last season or so that we have even seen the lead kiss a contestant during the Meet and Greet, let alone want to find a bedroom!

Anyway, it was funny although it was a little difficult to follow at the very beginning.

I throw my guess in that they are setting of us for Rachel maybe through no fault of her own to cause trouble between the old flame cameraman and his fiancee'. I think he is still very attracted to Rachel, and I think the fiancee' is going to see her as a threat.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 06-04-2015 at 12:28 AM.
    The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

~ Author unknown

+ Reply to Thread