+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Maveno
  • 1 Post By AlwaysVeg

Thread: What Would You Do? ABC

I see what you did there Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

What Would You Do? ABC

What Would You Do? With John Quinones - ABC News

So, they just started the new season of WWYD? Anyone else watch this?
    momrek06 likes this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: What Would You Do? ABC

I didn't this season yet, but I've found these shows really amazing---several of the early ones were great for starting discussion on women's studies topics, which I was teaching at the time....I taped them for possible classroom use.

I'm watching now, the one with the 16 year old girl was wonderful.

I have it on my DVR to watch? Was it good?

Just finished CJ!
    KAREN

I watched the first half. It was pretty good.
    When they switched to the mother/daughter dress bit, I got a little ticked at the show & people so turned it off. Who's business is it to butt in & put that woman down for her dress choice. She was covered & didn't look ridiculous. If that petty girl didn't like it, then don't shop with your Mom. This was just a mother/daughter disagreement that everyone should have kept their noses out of. No reason to demean her like that.
    The show made a poor choice with that one.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

I see what you did there Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

omg, the last WWYD last night had me roaring!!! It was the one where they were working the ice cream parlor, and they'd lick the side of the bowl, sneeze, drop the scoop, etc. LOL!!
    Some people ACTUALLY took the lil taster spoon AFTER she'd (worker/actress) would lick on it first!!!
    Too much! I'd of died.

But! Just like that one actor who they used way too much these past years, if I saw that one actress behind a counter, in a store, anywhere..I'd KNOW that it was WWYD! Her face is too familiar now, imo.

The woman in the park who was basically doing the NAVY SEAL training jumping rope, push ups, jogging, CARRYING HER HUSBAND on her shoulders! omg, wth?!
    I didn't see the end, did they ever ask her what all the training was for?

How sweet that she helped that boy go down the ramp. aww!

Although I obviously support gay couples, showing affection in public, etc.. I'm NOT a PDA type of person, at all. Maybe it's cause of all the years that I spent trying to hide it? I dunno, anyway.. the gay couple in the Texas restaurant, sure.. kiss hello, hold hands.. but IMO, they WERE making a spectacle of themselves.
    I know they were just acting, but it was still a bit over-board.. I mean, it's a diner for petesake. Go to the park and caress, cuddle and oogily ogle over each other.
    BUT, with that said, I still wouldn't of said anything. Also, I CAN see someone who doesn't 'accept' the gay lifestyle getting totally bothered. I would get bothered if a straight couple was doing that.

I'd of known it was WWYD.. they didn't even order food. Also, I'd of smelled the Quinones cologne. (at home joke)

FORT Fogey

I wanted to punch that ignorant old man who said if he had a gay son, he'd disown him and send him away.
    Maveno likes this.

+ Reply to Thread