+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Cleveland Abduction movie

Cleveland Abduction movie

Did anyone catch this on Lifetime? I watched the first hour or so, but there was a particular scene that made me literally cry and I HAD to change the channel. Those girls (especially Michelle Knight) are so amazing to have endured such a thing. I may go back and watch the rest as the second girl had just been brought in so I didn't see what happened after that (tho I know from all the news about it).
    #WeStandWithWDBJ
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

Re: Cleveland Abduction movie

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    Did anyone catch this on Lifetime? I watched the first hour or so, but there was a particular scene that made me literally cry and I HAD to change the channel. Those girls (especially Michelle Knight) are so amazing to have endured such a thing. I may go back and watch the rest as the second girl had just been brought in so I didn't see what happened after that (tho I know from all the news about it).
    I had heard about it weeks ago, AmyKay.

I believe it was on Dr. Phil. He had the girls on together.

They talked about the made for tv movie.

I knew just watching DP I would not be watching this movie.

Wayyyyyy to sad. Horriblyyyyy sad.
    KAREN

For some reason Michelle Knight and the other 2 girls are completely estranged from each other. Maybe because the other two girls had families to return to and Michelle did not. I don't know. Michelle is definitely enjoying her time in the spotlight. I find something offsetting about her, though I don't know what it is.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

Yes, I saw the movie. It was so difficult to watch. At times I had to change it. I enjoyed the parts after they were rescued the best. The torture scenes were almost too much for me.

Punkin, I know what you mean about Michelle, but let me say that I have watched her in multiple interviews. IMO, she is a very sincere and loving person. I think the oddity is partly from the brain damage she sustained from that monster's abuse. He beat her in the head during her captivity. After listening to her at length, I realized that she is quite intelligent and highly motivated. I think she is a good soul.

The other two ladies did shun Michelle after the rescue. From what I have been able to determine, most of it stems from the way their abductor pitted them against Michelle in captivity. I guess those feelings are difficult to lose. They were brainwashed. Michelle has tried to be friendly with them, but they don't respond. Michelle said that she understands and doesn't blame them. She hopes that one day, they can be friends. (I have no proof of this, but I also think they are jealous of Michelle, but I'm not sure why. She was the most abused of the three.)

Despite what she's been through, Michelle's goals are to help others. She wants to make a difference in the lives of others. She also loves to sing. I've seen her sing on tv too. She's pretty good. Seeing her trying so hard to help others, after what she went through, really touches my heart. I also read that she is dating!
    Punkin, AmyKay and momrek06 like this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I still have it, I recorded it, but haven't watched it yet. I think Michelle has come a long way since her first interview with Dr Phil. The second time she seemed very together, even admitting it was difficult to see some scene of this movie, and the actor that played Castro. I think she had it the worse, she had to prepare the girls for him, its no wonder they don't like her..
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I watched it. We're all from the same hometown. I remember seeing posters of the girls in store windows, on telephone poles....etc. I know exactly where Castro's house once stood. I read Michelle's book but I haven't read the book by Gina and Amanda. I plan to though. The movie only showed once that Castro caused Michelle to miscarry. He actually caused her to miscarry on 3 or 4 occasions. The saddest part for me was when he killed Michelle's dog right in front of her. That dog was the only love she had. She deserves every blessing life now gives to her. They all three do.
    What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Joseph those are the specific parts that made me cry. When he hit her in the stomach with a dumbell i lost it and had to change it. I get queasy just thinking about it now.

An article I read said that Michelle and one of the girls remained friends, but the third girl's family thought it would be best to cut all ties as it might hurt her in the long run. I'm not sure which one is which tho.
    #WeStandWithWDBJ
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    Joseph those are the specific parts that made me cry. When he hit her in the stomach with a dumbell i lost it and had to change it. I get queasy just thinking about it now.

An article I read said that Michelle and one of the girls remained friends, but the third girl's family thought it would be best to cut all ties as it might hurt her in the long run. I'm not sure which one is which tho.
    Gina and Amanda remain friends. Gina's family told Gina that it would be best for her to cut ties with Michelle. I'm not sure why.
    Punkin likes this.
    What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Thanks for all the help in explaining the causes of the distance between Michelle and the others and the reason Michelle seems a little different. I've only seen her on her recent Dr. Phil Show appearance. If anything though, she seems very happy and enthusiastic about her life now. I watched just a bit of the movie and found it too difficult to watch the torture.

(Side note, Joseph. Cavs v Warriors. O,Snap! Bring it on!)
    JosephD likes this.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

I thought none of them were talking... had no idea Gina & Amanda distanced from Michelle. I honestly understood (prior to reading those two are still in contact here) that the families of Gina/Amanda thought it best to try and "move on" from it all.

How totally TOTALLY sad about Michelle's son being adopted out. I was wondering why the mom didn't raise him. Anyone who read any books know why? Maybe she wasn't "fit" enough?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast