+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Imperfect1

Thread: The Late Late Show with James Corden (CBS)

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

The Late Late Show with James Corden (CBS)

And speaking of old and new late night tv hosts, has anyone checked out the new Late Late Show on CBS with James Cordon? LOVE IT!!! From the way he "rolls the credits" to "introducing the guests" to sitting comfortably with all the guests at one time, chatting, just like in a normal conversation. GREAT SHOW! I'M LOVING IT!!!

PS If you're not familiar with James Cordon, the British comedian, take a look at this YouTube clip from his HILARIOUS performance in "One Man, Two Guvnors."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcJM1Z3Trfo
    Florimel likes this.

Re: The Late Late Show with James Corden (CBS)

He totally copied the format from Graham Norton, but I don't mind so much, since GN is my favorite talk show host.

The network must be calling in HUGE favors to be getting such big name guests. I've been shocked at who he's been able to get.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

It could be a bunch of factors -- Letterman was probably very picky about his final guests over the past month or two, so all the other celebs with things to plug may have gone to Corden by default.

Also, while many people had never heard of him, he has been in a few high profile projects on film and on Broadway, and could have made some some connections that way.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    He totally copied the format from Graham Norton, but I don't mind so much, since GN is my favorite talk show host.
    Yes, I'm a huge fan of Graham Norton and his talk show too, and his shows are always great fun!

Actually, just to set the record straight, James Corden hasn't copied anything from Graham Norton, per se. A number of talk show hosts from the past sat with their guests rather than interviewing them from behind the desk (e.g Arsenio Hall, Dick Cavett) or had all the guests on at the same time (e.g. Merv Griffen, Virginia Graham). I'm just glad that James is doing his show this way because it works so well, and seems to be more fun. But in addition to that, I'm also enjoying the other aspects of the new Late Late Show, like bringing each of the celebrity guests out of their dressing room for a moment, just to introduce them, chatting with the audience before the rolling of the credits, doing his quirky man-on-the-street bits, etc. etc. It's a very pleasant, fun hour!

+ Reply to Thread