+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bearcata

Thread: American Odyssey - NBC

American Odyssey - NBC

Airs Sunday at 10 pm on NBC.

American Odyssey (TV Series 2015

Three families are torn apart when a stranded female soldier, a disillusioned corporate attorney and a disrespected political activist are pulled into the same shocking international military conspiracy.
    I normally avoid serial TV as they can really be up or down but after experiencing the wonder and gripping storytelling that is "How To Get Away With Murder" I wanted to find a series to watch this spring so I could repeat the water cooler fun of that show. I tried TNT's Dig and that was an abysmal failure. I was really looking forward to American Odyssey. What's with the endless commercials, I ended up watching huge chucks of House Hunters International, the 5 minutes plus commercial breaks were ridiculous. I liked the story of the female soldier, her commander Treat Williams comes across as guilty as sin. The lawyer seemed semi interesting as was his story arc with the drone operator. The rich kid activist ... stupid as dirt over the fake female reporter. Hope the story improves in the next couple of episodes or it's back to Discovery's Naked and Afraid.
    Imperfect1 and Debb70 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: American Odyssey - NBC

I had free HBO over the weekend and watched the premiere of Game of Thrones for this season. I normally don't watch GOT and occasionally get sucked into it. A good show will suck you in and even with your finger on the channel button you end up watching and next thing you know the episode is over. I tried with episode 1 of American Odyssey with the intention of watching it again. Didn't happen. I was channel surfing last night and kept going back to episode 2 of AO. The activist confronts the fake "Time" reporter and she says she is a free lancer and again he spills his guts about the email from Odelle to her. Stupid once I can let go, but not stupid twice, this character is a twit and so are the writers. Then there is the lawyer. OK, I get he made copies of some papers but that the stock boy ratted him out? Well unless someone is watching his every move at work? Then to have the police charge him with the drone operator's murder just to get those papers? Then he goes running and mysterious guys in mysterious cars are watching him and his house? Very heavy handed and totally unnecessary, stupid even. I got that all from flipping channels. I would have been worse if I actually watched the entire episode. This show is not sucking me in, it's a chore to watch, it's painful to watch, it sucks.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread