+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The Lizzie Borden Chronicles on Lifetime

The Lizzie Borden Chronicles on Lifetime

Sunday, April 5th @10pm. Its an 8 part series.

The Lizzie Borden Chronicles - Episodes, Videos, & Schedule - myLifetime.com

"The Lizzie Borden Chronicles" delivers an intense and fictionalized account of actual events and people surrounding Lizzie’s life after her controversial acquittal of the horrific double murder of her father and stepmother in 1892, when the exonerated figure lives a life awash in newfound celebrity filled with scandalous love affairs. But when numerous people close to Lizzie – ranging from her half-brother William (Andrew Howard, "Hatfields & McCoys™") to Broadway luminaries and her business associate/underworld kingpin Mr. Flowers (Emmy nominee Jonathan Banks, "Breaking Bad") – start to mysteriously die under brutal and strange circumstances, legendary Pinkerton detective Charlie Siringo (Cole Hauser, "Good Will Hunting") becomes determined to prove her involvement in their ultimate demise. Jessy Schram ("Falling Skies") plays Nancy O’Keefe, an alluring and ambitious actress and dancer who befriends Lizzie, and Emmy nominee John Heard ("The Sopranos") portrays William Almy, the business partner of Lizzie’s murdered father, Andrew."

If you are interested in seeing the Lifetime Movie that lead up to "The Lizzie Borden Chronicles" .... you can watch "Lizzie Borden Took An Axe" with Christina Ricci on the following dates:
    Thu Apr 2 at 6 PM! Sat Apr 4 at 10 PM! Sun Apr 5 at 2 AM! OR Sun Apr 5 at 10 AM!

Lizzie Borden Took An Ax - myLifetime.com

"On a scorching, hot summer day in 1892 in Fall River, Massachusetts, Lizzie Borden returns home to the house she shares with her father Andrew, stepmother Abby and sister Emma. But, unlike any normal day, Lizzie encounters the bloody scene of her parents violently murdered. Police quickly question multiple suspects in town, but evidence keeps pointing back to the Borden’s youngest daughter Lizzie, the seemingly wholesome Sunday school teacher, as the prime suspect. Lizzie’s lawyer, Andrew Jennings, proclaims her innocence arguing that it is inconceivable a woman could commit the heinous crime of brutally murdering her family with an ax. Or is it? Lizzie is put on trial for the murders, both in the courtroom and in the press, sparking a widespread debate about her culpability. As the case rages on, the courtroom proceedings fuel an enormous amount of sensationalized stories and headlines in newspapers throughout the country, forever leaving Lizzie Borden’s name in infamy."
    Fo'Realz? likes this.
    KAREN

Re: The Lizzie Borden Chronicles on Lifetime

Sounds really good. I'll have to watch a day later though, because Sunday night I'll be watching Mad Men first. lol
    momrek06 likes this.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Looking forward to this one.
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

Really enjoying re-watching this movie right now and look forward to the Lizzie Borden Chronicles!
    momrek06 likes this.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Really enjoying re-watching this movie right now and look forward to the Lizzie Borden Chronicles!
    I recorded it, Punkin and will try to find time this weekend!

But I do want to see the movie BEFORE I start the Series!
    KAREN

I've seen the movie at least twice before that stars Christina Ricci. I also recall the older version from years ago that featured Elizabeth Montgomery! She was awesome in that role.
    Punkin, momrek06, wannasee and 1 others like this.

We watched The Lizzie Bordon Chronicles. Horrible! Bloody, bloody gore. Soundtrack so loud and grating as to just be annoying. Oh well.
    Fo'Realz? likes this.

I wanted to see it but Wolf Hall won out.
    Fo'Realz? likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    We watched The Lizzie Bordon Chronicles. Horrible! Bloody, bloody gore. Soundtrack so loud and grating as to just be annoying. Oh well.
    Oh my, I'm sorry to read that, but thanks for taking the time to post it. Not sure when (or if) we'll catch it, but at least I feel forewarned.
    Wolf Hall won the night in our house, too.
    Punkin likes this.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

Well, we had both DVRed, but we watched The Lizzie Bordon Chronicles together this morning because I know historical royal dramas aren't his preference. We both hated 'Bordon' and I enjoyed Wolf Hall, all by myself. :>)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast