+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Battle Creek

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Battle Creek

Is anyone else watching this? I thought, yawn, another cop show with mismatched partners, but having caught up on everything else I decided to give it a try and have been pleasantly surprised. I actually did hope it would succeed even before I started watching as I love the star who was the guy who played "Mayhem" on those insurance commercials (you may remember them, he'd make a tree fall on a car, etc.), and the co lead was someone I'd watched on soaps....and one of the "gang" is Kal Penn! Anyway, they have a nice line going if, I'm sure, exaggerated, about how little the Battle Creek dept has (even their tazers can't hold a charge) vs. how much the FBI field office has, and some suspense about what "Milt" of the FBI must have done to get exiled to Battle Creek.
    I've watched the first 3 episodes on demand now and really enjoyed them.
    CBS cop shows seem to have a built in audience, so hope it will be around for a while.
    Punkin and Moontat like this.

Re: Battle Creek

We really like it. The two lead actors are terrific together and the humor is refreshing for a cop show.
    PWS, justCoz and Moontat like this.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

I'm watching it. I really enjoy Josh Duhammel's work back since his days on All My Children. The show is a good mix of comedy and suspense and the two leads play well off each other.

Setting it in Battle Creel, the home of Kellogg is a really good idea. Just about everyone knows of Battle Creek, Michigan from their childhood.

I'm enjoying the show very much.
    Punkin, PWS and Moontat like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I am watching it but not sold yet. I love the actress playing the commander, Janet McTeer. Her work in the White Queen.. simply wonderful! It is nice to see her weekly again, but I'd like more of her!
    PWS likes this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Looks like there will be (even) more of her in the next episode ... I think it is her house that had a fire set in the preview.
    Florimel and FireWoman like this.

I'm not sold, either. The Mayhem guy's character got old for me by epi 2.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Both the main guys.... their characters keep shifting...not drastically, just enough to keep you alert....at least for me.
    Punkin, Florimel and Moontat like this.

I am finding myself enjoying this show more and more each week. I just love Josh Duhamel! I hope that it sticks around for a while.
    Punkin, Florimel and justCoz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontat View Post
    I am finding myself enjoying this show more and more each week. I just love Josh Duhamel! I hope that it sticks around for a while.
    So am I and there aren't many shows I can say that about. I wish they'd promote it more.
    Punkin and Moontat like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

So sorry that this show has been cancelled, it's a good show and I just don't think they gave it enough time
    Punkin, Florimel and PWS like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast