+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: iZombie - CW

Re: iZombie - CW

Season 2 Episode 4
    Even Cowgirls Get the Black and Blues
    Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Oct 27, 2015 on The CW

iZombie - Season 2, Episode 4: Even Cowgirls Get the Black and Blues - TV.com

The brain of a dead country-and-western singer awakens new feelings in Liv. Meanwhile, Major realizes that he's in trouble, and Blaire tries to convince the man who cut the Utopium on the night of the boat party to give up the formula.
    This show continues to build on it's plots. Major is killing the rich white entrepreneurs Blaine made into zombies. The FBI is starting to investigate rich white entrepreneurs who have disappeared. Major is using Utopium to forget he is a killer for hire all to protect Liv, who he is lying to a total reversal of what happened between the two in season 1.

Ravi named the dog Minor, how cute.

Luv'ed Liv's singing.

Anyone recognize the bar owner as the human form of Jimminy Cricket from Once Upon A Time?

This week is Blaine's turn to be the uber bad guy and bad guy he is and he has Peyton falling for him. What happen's if there is ever a dinner at Liv's house where everyone shows up and the plots are all revealed. Can you imagine, Major, Liv, Ravi, Peyton, Blaine and Glida all in the same room at the same time? Wonder what the dinner conversation will be like?
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 2 Episode 5
    Love & Basketball
    Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Nov 03, 2015 on The CW

iZombie - Season 2, Episode 5: Love & Basketball - TV.com

Liv eats the brains of a dead community center basketball coach to learn how he died, and finds herself giving life advice to Major. Meanwhile, Ravi tries to create a zombie cure with Blaine's help, and Major and Gilda's relationship sours.
    This show gets better and better, the script has depth, the plots are easy to understand yet complex and the actors superb. Watching Liv and Major dance around each other is how a couple should act, how a relationship should be, how messed up live can be. I like how around the basic murder story we see the beginning of the FBI investigation, how Babineaux still is digging around the mess that was the season 1 finale. I luv how Ravi and Liv play off each other and how Babineaux plays the perfect straight man to their comedic antics. It can be hard being the straight guy to Ravi and Liv and all the other characters that know about Zombies but Babineaux does not. I like how he and the new female FBI agent are playing off each other and the best for last Ravi and Blaine's fight over the bottle of zombie killer. Next best scene was Ravi and the Tacoma morgue guy exchanging words. Well written. That's how to fight with words and no f bombs dropped.

Season 2 Episode 6
    Max Wager
    Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Nov 10, 2015 on The CW

iZombie - Season 2, Episode 6: Max Wager - TV.com

While Liv and Clive investigate the murder of the lawyer they arrested on their last case, Liv eats the corpse's brain and picks up his gambling habit. Meanwhile, she and Major wait for Ravi to find a way for them to make love, and Blaine's father makes a move against his son.
    Wow, was not expecting so much that happened on this show.

While pursuing The Barber, a bookie, and potential murder suspect, Liv meets Stacey Boss the Drug Kingpin of Seattle. His description of a murder is chilling. Later he has a midnight meeting with Peyton (Liv's BFF) and poses a question. Why did the DA hire a 27 lawyer just 2 years out of law school to head a major investigation into the Drug Kingpin of Seattle?

Liv and Major are still trying to have sex and in the meanwhile are being creative, it is so tastefully done and so on point. Turns out the zombie virus can penetrate any condom.

The most riveting scenes are Blaine smothering his bedridden grandfather and harvesting his brain to give to his dad. Blaine hates his father and his father, Angus hates Blaine. Angus has just taken over Blaine's business and threatens to turn Blaine back into a zombie. But surprise, Angus disappears ... Major got him. What is weird is that I thought Major was killing the zombies and throwing the bodies over a bridge so why does he have a storage locker with a freezer that has dead bodies in it and he puts Angus in the freezer?

Season 2 Episode 7
    Abra Cadaver
    Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Nov 17, 2015 on The CW

iZombie - Season 2, Episode 7: Abra Cadaver - TV.com

While Liv and Clive investigate the death of a magician at a convention, Major deals with Liv's newest personality. Meanwhile, Ravi breaks up with Steph and turns to Peyton for solace, and Blaine comes to Liv for help.
    Liked the murder. Everyone seemed to be having fun with the magic or at least Ravi and Liv were. The murder plot was more on the front burner in this episode and the FBI investigation more back ground but with some interesting momentum. What will Liv do when she finds out Major is doing the deed? Blaine already has suspicions ala the picture of the dog. Lots of romance with Liv and Major, and Ravi and Peyton stumbling along and Babineaux and the FBI agent getting it on. I do wonder who the one lady was with the white envelope that she delivered after Liv dropped off the doctored FBI lab report?

Season 2 Episode 8
    The Hurt Stalker
    Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Dec 01, 2015 on The CW

iZombie - Season 2, Episode 8: The Hurt Stalker - TV.com

A wedding planner turns up dead and it turns out that she used to date Clive. The murder weapon is Clive's stolen 9mm Beretta, and Liv and Ravi set out to clear their friend's name. Problems arrive when it turns out that the planner was an obsessive stalker... and Liv has to eat her brain to solve the case.
    What I don't understand is that Clive had an alibi he was with the Dale the FBI agent so I don't get why he didn't say anything? Was the timeline off and they never explained to us?

Nice to see Ravi and Liv investigating a case together.

Ahhhhh....I really wanted to see Liv go all zombie rage on her cell mates.

That stalker brain really is messing with Liv's mind.

The Max Rager CEO used himself as an experiment with the new Max Rager formula ... like that was smart? Uh....who wants zombies to move fast?

Gilda/Rita same person. Major knows Rita. Liv knows Gilda her new roommate. Gilda/Rita ahh .... someone is a Rita Hayworth fan, cute.

Next is the mid season finale.

Season 2 Episode 9
    Cape Town
    Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Dec 08, 2015 on The CW

iZombie - Season 2, Episode 9: Cape Town - TV.com

A citizen turned costumed vigilante, The Fog, turns up dead. Liv eats his brain to solve his murder and soon takes on his superheroic qualities. Meanwhile, Blaine demands a steep price from Liv in return for tainted Utopium to create a cure, and Major goes after a new zombie for Max Rager.
    This episode disappointed a bit as it felt more like a regular episode but with not the exact punch the previous 8 episodes had and I guess I was expecting a huge cliffhanger but there really wasn't one. Liv killed it as a vigilante superhero. This show has some of the best lines since Joss Whedon did Buffy the Vampire Slayer. What I like about season 2 is that every time I think I have all the characters figured out and who is going to do what this show adds another layer of complexity. I luv a good complicated layered bad guy and we have three on this show, Stacey Boss, Blaine and Max Rager CEO; maybe Gilda/Rita but I don't quite put her in the bad guy slot. I liked that Boss saved Liv by killing Mary the lady who was robbing him. It was beautifully done, here is a crook stealing from a crook and being murdered by a crook but at the same time the crook saves the hero and the hero has to testify as such. How great is that? I also am glad they finally showed what the heck Major was doing with the bodies. It's great that he is staging executions and providing fake body bags that are tossed into the river in case anyone from Max Rager is watching him. But I only counted 4 bodies in the freezer isn't his body count supposed to be 8?

There were not any big cliffhangers more like pivot points. Babineaux told Liv he won't work with her anymore. Liv and Major broke up but this time on her insistence. Ravi found out that his rats had reverted back to zombies. So does that mean Major and Blaine will revert back?

Season 1 was 13 episodes long

Season 2 was 14 episodes long but five additional scripts were ordered on October 10, 2015

Will be back January 12, 2016

iZombie Season 2 Episode 10
    Method Head
    Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Jan 12, 2016 on The CW

iZombie - Season 2, Episode 10: Method Head - TV.com

While Liv convinces Clive to let her help his investigation of an apparent murder on the set of the hit TV series Zombie High, Ravi continues his search for the tainted Utopium. Meanwhile, Dale connects Blaine to the Meat Cute Massacre.
    I liked this episode as they did an interesting take on the regular Christmas episode and actually made it a Christmas/New Year's into the new year episode with not one but two murders. There was a long section they were showing the passage of time and Liv's life not working on investigations with Clive, where Liv, Ravi and Major were searching a 100 acres field for a dead body full of the tainted drug so they can use it to help develop a cure. Ravi also revealed that the current cure is most likely temporary. Yes, there was the typical Santa was murdered as well as one of the leads on a TV show called Zombie High that sorta did a riff on the Supernatural Winchester Brothers or as least when the two leads kicked the door shut that is what it reminded me off. While it is always fun to see a tv show film on the set of another tv show and reveal how the industry works I liked that Major saved himself by planting a bug in the fitness tracker he gave the Max Rager CEO. Then when all seems right with the world they show Blaine having a casual talk with the FBI chick Clive is seeing and that Clive and the Chick made a connection between Blaine and the Meat Cute massacre that ended season 1.

The airing of this particular episode was a bit weird as it is only one episode and 4 weeks after the midseason finale and now we have to wait 2 weeks until the rest of the season which starts February 2.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 01-16-2016 at 09:15 PM.

iZombie is another show that would be good to binge watch this blizzard weekend.

iZombie Season 2 Episode 11
    Fifty Shades of Grey Matter
    Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Feb 02, 2016 on The CW

iZombie - Season 2, Episode 11: Fifty Shades of Grey Matter - TV.com

While Liv and Clive investigate the murder of a librarian who was going to publish her first erotic novel, Blaine and Peyton become much closer. Meanwhile, Clive and Dale close in on the Chaos Killer... and Major takes extreme measures to throw them off the trail.
    I luv this show, it's smart, it's witty and it's pokes so much fun at itself and at current pop interests such as erotica per the episode title. The show also weaves these complex story threads that do tend to be wonderful revelations when other characters become aware of them. Poor Major he so loved Minor and I was so angry at him for leaving Minor on the bus. I was thrilled that someone found him. Then there was the entire Blaine/Peyton thing and to see Blaine be pulled into Clive and Agent Bazzio's investigation and while Blaine has committed many heinous acts he is not guilty of being the Chaos Killer. To add spice to the entire episode you have Liv trying to enact Fifty Shades of Grey with everyone.

FORT Fogey

Poor Peyton! How does she move past that?

+ Reply to Thread