+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: iZombie - CW

Re: iZombie - CW

Season 1 Episode 12 - Dead Rat, Live Rat, Brown Rat, White Rat - 06/2/15

iZombie - Episode Guide - TV.com

Liv eats the brain of a dead cheerleader to identify her killer. Meanwhile, Major prepares for his war on zombies, and Ravi and Peyton plan a trip to San Francisco.
    While I like this show I find Liv's refusal to tell Major what is going on incredibly irritating as well as her confrontation earlier in the series with the Max Ranger drink president. It's so annoying to think Liv can control this situation. There are zombies and Liv can't stop the plague or the murders all by herself. The blinkers this girl carries are enormous. I do like how Major and Ravi seem to be the only two sensible characters in this show, and maybe Clive. It was nice to see Liv go all postal zombie.
    No goat killers on my island.

I do like that despite all obstacles Major is determined to find out what the heck is happening.

Season 1 Episode 13 - Blaine's World - 06/09/15

iZombie - Season 1, Episode 13: Blaine's World - TV.com

Ravi comes up with a cure for the zombie plague, but warns Liv that it's in short supply. Meanwhile, Major refuses to tell Blaine where the stolen astronaut brains are, and Clive tries to locate to locate Teresa's killer.
    Finally finished catching up with this series on the DVR.

Overall I like this series, it is smart and one of the best parts it does is not let the love interest, Major Lilywhite, of the main character (Liv Moore) be the typical stereotypical "dumb blonde". While Major is a guy and not blonde being the love interest of most characters who are in super hero or supernatural or action shows tends to be a thankless part and very two dimensional. Let's face it Liv put Major through some "major" twists and turns in their relationship and if we step back a bit Major actually has done the most growth of any of the characters on the show. I like both Ravi and Major as male characters and would luv to meet them in real life, their characters I mean. Major's talk to Liv while he was recovering from his "fatal" knife wound was great and over all there was a lot going on in this season finale episode. It was chilling to see the CEO of Max Rager, hiring another scientist to create an even more addictive drink and not caring about who died only about the almighty dollar. Nice to see the kids from Asshats found from last episode and to see how that tied into Max Rager knowing about the zombie problem and cleaning up after it and their future clean up plan to kill all zombies. Liked how Chief Suzuki left a blood trail clue putting the blame on Blaine. I also like Blaine as a character, I both luv and hate him. I also liked the little hints of clues adding up in Detective Clive Babineaux's head about a larger conspiracy. Then the final scene with Liv refusing to donate her blood to her injured brother, what a way to end a season.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-27-2015 at 11:32 PM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IZombie_%28TV_series%29

On May 6, 2015 the series was renewed for a second season,[4] which is scheduled to premiere October 6, 2015

Season 2 Spoilers

'iZombie' Season 2 Spoilers: Liv Finds an Exciting BFF; What Will Happen to Peyton? : Entertainment : Latin Post

'iZombie' Season 2 Spoilers: Liv Finds an Exciting BFF; What Will Happen to Peyton?

0 Comments
    Print

By Candy Lopez (staff@latinpost.com)
    First Posted: Aug 11, 2015 08:40 AM EDT
    Comic-Con International 2015 - 'iZombie' Panel
    SAN DIEGO, CA - JULY 10: (L-R) Producer Diane Ruggiero-Wright, actress Rose McIver, producer Rob Thomas and actors Rahul Kohli and Robert Buckley attend the 'iZombie' special video presentation and Q&A during Comic-Con International 2015 at the San Diego Convention Center on July 10, 2015 in San Diego, California.
    (Photo : Ethan Miller/Getty Images)
    Share This Tweet This

It looks like Rose McIver's "iZombie" character, Liv Moore, will have a new best friend on Season 2.

The TV series developed by Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero-Wright for The CW will be back with an exciting character named Bethany, Entertainment Weekly reported. The actress who will portray the role has not been named yet.

Last season, Liv's original buddy, Peyton (Aly Michalka), left after she discovered that Liv is a zombie who feeds on brains. Even if Liv saved her from the horrible zombie Sebastian, Peyton couldn't handle the news and she turned her back on Liv.

The same thing happened when Liv's ex-fiancé, Major (Robert Buckley), finally discovered the truth, as seen on the season finale, "Blaine's World."

To add more salt to the wound, Liv's family may also resent her since she refuses to donate blood to her gravely injured brother, Evan (Nick Purcha).

So, will the Bethany be her ray of sunshine at last? Entertainment Weekly described the character as "a personal shopper involved in a case that Clive (Malcolm Goodwin) is investigating - though knowing this show, she may not be what she seems." That could be an interesting twist, indeed.

Peyton to return?

So, will Peyton have a change of heart and go back to her best friend?

Although it was revealed by series co-creator Rob Thomas that Michalka may not return as she wants to try other opportunities, the actress surprised her fans at San Diego's Comic Con when she announced that she will be back, The Hollywood Reporter informed.

"I couldn't leave Peyton hanging and not come back. How could I not come back?... I would like to learn more about Peyton in her personal life outside of being a roommate to Liv... See where her relationship with Ravi (Rahul Kohli) goes," Michalka said during the convention.

Blaine's Dad

Aside from Peyton's return and Bethany's inclusion, another interesting character is set to deliver a knockout performance on "iZombie." Blaine's (David Anders) father will join the show, and the character will be played by Robert Knepper, according to TV Fanatic.

Knepper has also appeared on "Prison Break" as T-Bag and on "Heroes" as Samuel Sullivan.

Will be back on Tuesday October 6, 2015, The Flash will air at 8pm and iZombie at 9pm. Makes for a nice fun night.

The CW shows will be premiering next week:

The Flash and iZombie on Tuesday, October 6 and Arrow and Supernatural on Wednesday, October 7
    Kiz likes this.

Season 2 Episode 1
    Grumpy Old Liv
    Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Oct 06, 2015 on The CW

Season 1 was 13 episodes long, season 2 will be 19 episodes long, five additional scripts were ordered on 10/5/15.

iZombie - Season 2, Episode 1: Grumpy Old Liv - TV.com

While Liv deals with the rejection of her family and Major, she takes on the case of an old man who was crushed to death beneath the car he was working on. Meanwhile, Vaughn approaches Major with an interesting proposal.

Nice to see this show back on again, this episode picks up seamlessly from where the season 1 ended. Liv's brother surivived but her mother and brother rejected her as they don't understand why she refused to give her brother a blood transfusion. Blaine is human and running a funeral parlor and he is good, and also dealing Utopia on the side. He also wants to know what was used to cut the Utopia on the yacht party as he was to create zombies. Major is still not talking to Liv and working as a personal trainer. He also got an offer from Max Rager CEO to find and kill the 320 people they have identified as zombies. The CEO is blackmailing Major by threatening to kill Liv as they know she is a zombie. Of course Major doesn't say anything to Liv. It seems that Max Rager has bugged Liv's phone and the CEO's Admin is also Liv's new roomie. Talk about double cross, backstabbing and double dealing. Poor Liv and Major at literally between a rock and a hard place.

As for the story of the week, I am sorry I would not send the guy to jail for kicking a guy's car after they grumpy old man told him he just killed the guy's dog. This is not first degree murder it is an accident. If I was on the jury I would not convict. 'Sides it was manslaughter:

Oregon Murder, Manslaughter, and Homicide Laws | ORS 163.005, 163.095, 163.115, 163.118, 163.125, 163.145, 163.149

ORS 163.135 Extreme emotional disturbance as affirmative defense to murder; notice of expert testimony; right of state to psychiatric or psychological examination. (1) It is an affirmative defense to murder for purposes of ORS 163.115 (1)(a) that the homicide was committed under the influence of extreme emotional disturbance if the disturbance is not the result of the person’s own intentional, knowing, reckless or criminally negligent act and if there is a reasonable explanation for the disturbance. The reasonableness of the explanation for the disturbance must be determined from the standpoint of an ordinary person in the actor’s situation under the circumstances that the actor reasonably believed them to be. Extreme emotional disturbance does not constitute a defense to a prosecution for, or preclude a conviction of, manslaughter in the first degree or any other crime.

Season 2 Episode 2
    Zombie Bro
    Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Oct 13, 2015 on The CW

iZombie - Season 2, Episode 2: Zombie Bro - TV.com

While Liv and Clive investigate a murder at a frag house, Ravi and Major go club-hopping. Meanwhile, Blaine is forced to turn to his father for financial aid when he needs money to pay off a DA to take down his rival drug dealer, Mr. Boss.
    What I like about this show is it's pacing, they don't always focus on the Liv/Max Rager story line. It was a fun poke at frats and Animal House and furries and the ugly girl contest without being preachy. I luv'ed the focus on Ravi and Major and them clubbing and getting high on Utopia. It does scare me that Major may get hooked on it to deal with his murdering zombies for Max Rager. The Liv/Major plot is so sweet and so painful all in one episode. Then I get to like Blaine all over again when I hear his back story. How can I like and hate a character so much? Nice to see Major protecting Liv by destroying her phone and yet refusing to see her when he gets her a new one. The old phone was bugged by the roomie, who is the Max Rager's CEO's admin. If Supergirl had these writers it would be an outstanding show.

Again I feel bad for the murderer they caught this episode, kinda wish he got away with it.

Season 2 Episode 3
    Real Dead Housewife of Seattle
    Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Oct 20, 2015 on The CW

iZombie - Season 2, Episode 3: Real Dead Housewife of Seattle - TV.com

Liv and Clive investigate the death of a LA housewife. Clive figures that the husband is the guilty party, but Liv learns that the dead woman was connected to Vaughn. Meanwhile, Peyton returns home to lead a crackdown on Utopium.
    I am really luv'ing the pacing of the show this season. The writers don't constantly hit you over the head with obvious plot points, the actors are spot on as are the lines they deliver with such deadly accuracy. I feel a bit sorry for Liv as she is surrounded by sharks who seem to know the bigger picture and she is this brave, innocent, naive, stalwart soldier just trying to do the right thing and fight the good fight and not knowing what the heck is really going on. I do like how the writers are using current trends to incorporate the weekly episodic murder as well as advancing the plot. Yes, Law and Order did the same thing but they preached their points endlessly and were really downers and this show is fun and perky. This week's murder was delicious as it involved both the victim and the murderer, beautifully done. I luv'ed seeing Liv all dressed up. The girl has a killer body when she isn't doing the goth hair bit. Peyton is back, but what does that mean for Ravi, Liv and Major?

Max Rager CEO, Vaughn Du Clark has an unnamed assistant who is also Liv's new roomie. It seems she might be Vaughn's illegitimate daughter. I think her name is Gilda but I am not sure. She also had sex with Major. Poor Major is so screwed.

This show has so many delicious bad guys and that makes it so fun to watch.

+ Reply to Thread