+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: iZombie - CW

Re: iZombie - CW

Season 1 Episode 9 - Patriot Brains - 05/12/15

iZombie - Episode Guide - TV.com

Liv and Clive investigate the mysterious death of a former sniper who worked as an instructor at a paintball facility. The probe centers on the victim's ex-wife and her new husband. Meanwhile, Major continues to get closer to the truth; and Blaine does the unthinkable.
    I do like this show and normally I go along with the story lines, I liked and didn't like aspects of this episode. I like that Major is developing as a character and as part of the overall plot. I am glad Ravi is not going Zombie after being bitten by a Zombie rat. Liv is the one character who failed me this episode. Liv is so judgmental as to how other Zombies get their food. Not everyone is a doctor with access to a morgue. To act like a morally righteous person over how Lowell is getting his brains was a bit much, considering Blaine is deliberately creating Zombies to make himself rich by charging them a lot of money for a steady supply of brains. While I applaud Liv making the difficult choice to kill Blaine did she really think out the consequences of what might happen to who knows how many Zombies Blaine created when they no longer have food supply? What I hated about this episode was Liv backing down from the actually killing and Lowell being killed instead ... lame on her part, short sighted on her part.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 1 will be 13 episodes long.

The show has been renewed for season 2.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.

Season 1 Episode 10 - Mr. Berserk - 05/19/15

iZombie - Episode Guide - TV.com

Liv and Clive investigate the murder of a journalist who was working on a story that linked psychotic episodes in a small number of consumers to a popular energy drink. Meanwhile, Ravi tries to help Major, who continues to believe that he's going crazy.
    I do like this series, it's smart, well written, I like the characters, I liked the premise. Liv is really starting to annoy me. Where does she get this holier then though, I am right and it's my way or the highway. The stupidity of confronting the CEO of the energy drink that probably caused her condition. There is a serious Zombie issue and Blaine is creating a nation and a business, he is dangerous. The CEO of the energy drink is dangerous as he has that hit man. What makes Liv think her indignation and moral outburst is going to do anything but get her killed and her friends killed like Lowell and possibly put her ex-fiance into a mental institution.

3 more episodes to go I wonder if I will like Liv again by the end of the season or just root for Major?

Season 1 Episode 11 - Astroburger - May 26, 2015 on The CW

iZombie - Season 1, Episode 11: Astroburger - TV.com
    Liv eats the brain of a mental patient to find out how he died, and suffers from the same paranoid delusions. Meanwhile, Major tracks Blaine and Julien to Meat Cute, and Ravi and Peyton have their first date.
    I have been down on how stupid Liv has been the last couple of episodes but in a way she redeemed herself with telling Major about the Zombie Epidemic and that she is a Zombie until the little surprise at the end of the show. I must admit Liv and Major have a nice chemistry and they do come across as being engaged, being a couple.

Luv'ed the "devils talking" that was a really nice effect both on the snack bags and coffee mug.

I liked this episode and how it was going forward story wise. I am amazed that Blaine has managed to create a spy network so quickly. I am also thinking that Ravi may have discovered that the zombie condition is reversible but Blaine may want to keep it quiet as it is a money/power goldmine for him. I am still amazed how Liv just tells everyone about Scott E's cell phone and the video of the Lake Washington massacre which leads to Blaine burning down Scott E's building. Really what if other people are killed in that fire that again was stupid beyond belief ... why, oh why is Liv revealing all this information to the enemy?

The talking devils reminded me of one of my favorite shows Wonderfalls.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    The talking devils reminded me of one of my favorite shows Wonderfalls.
    I really liked that show and thought it was canceled way too soon. I do think it would have been much more successful now on TV as folks are much more accepting of that type of show.
    beerbelly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Really what if other people are killed in that fire that again was stupid beyond belief ... why, oh why is Liv revealing all this information to the enemy?
    I'm starting to wonder if the fried brains she ate as well as the ones she ate this go-around messed with her memories and that's why she's acted so weirdly. Maybe there is a long-term effect of eating brains contrary to popular belief. It would be a nice twist and explain her changes - or maybe she is not eating enough brains and her zombie side is trying to take over. I've noticed at times the shadow under her eyes is getting a bit darker and her eyes more "zombie colorful" (not quite like the CGI "freak out," but close) so I have speculated this could be the factor.

Well that and the fact it says clearly in the synopsis she has to eat them regularly or she "becomes dumb."

And thank you for the clarity as to why it appears Major didn't hear Liv. Maybe it was Liv thinking she said it but because of the paranoia brains she are she told it to herself hence why the twist.

I agree too on the devils. That was VERY good CGI, some of the best I've seen on TV. The CW is obviously getting a bit more money to invest in their shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I really liked that show and thought it was canceled way too soon. I do think it would have been much more successful now on TV as folks are much more accepting of that type of show.
    Preaching to the choir!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Kiz

This is one of my favorite new shows, and I'm very glad it's been renewed. I was bummed we lost Cristela and The Millers.

A few spoilers for season 2:

'iZombie' postmortem: What's next now that Liv's secret is out? | EW.com
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast