Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: American Crime on ABC

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Re: American Crime on ABC

I screwed up my notes!
    I just rewatched

Let me correct:

In the locker-room all of the basketball players who looked at a cell phone photo of a female classmates made comments related to wanting to rape her (i.e. `yeah, I'd rape that') except for one kid who seemed a bit uncomfortable-it was implied he wasn't interested in `raping that' because the girl was not of a specific ethnicity or perhaps not good enough for him.
    I wonder if it's the coach's daughter in that photo (well her backside)She was shaking it in the face of a few players . Their cell phones were out. Then I thought, maybe it's the victims girlfriend. Maybe something happened to her. Is this going to be a set up for how the victims gender affects our reaction to sexual assault?

I also noticed (and Deb70 mentioned this in passing ) the victim and one of the players kept exchanging glances at each other while the victim watched the team practice.
    Is there something going on between the two of them? I'm sure there's a reason we were shown those glances.

I need to stop obsessing.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 01-08-2016 at 10:53 PM.
    Punkin, mika06 and Debb70 like this.
    "Almost everybody has a hard time apologizing if they feel “over accused”, that is, pushed to assume more than their fair share of the blame. As one man put it, “When my wife criticizes me, I don’t want to apologize because I feel like I’m putting my neck on the chopping block. If I apologize, I’m agreeing with her that I’m the whole problem. And that’s not true.” - Psychology Today

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Damn! You keep good notes. Many of the things you noted I had forgotten already! Some series like this one I will watch twice just to be sure I'm getting it all.
    This note taking springs from loving Law & Order despite being unable to keep everyone's names straight. lol Jeez, that show slung around about 7 suspect names per show in one sentence during long conversations.
    " If Smith and Daniels think they have a good alibi, they're crazy because Gabriella and old man Dionne have their number Yeah, numbers, Len, Dionne our reformed gambler has a record with the word murder written on it going back to 55. What he's doing with a girl of Danielle's caliber, Ill never know...Yeah, speaking of calibers, didn't she say her sister Marielle carries a gun? You know, Marielle, the lesser of the two evil sisters. She worked for that Pimp Charlie...Someone bring Charlie in. Something tells me he 's doing a lot more these days than keeping his girls in line..."

I needed a score card lol
    I miss that show.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Almost everybody has a hard time apologizing if they feel “over accused”, that is, pushed to assume more than their fair share of the blame. As one man put it, “When my wife criticizes me, I don’t want to apologize because I feel like I’m putting my neck on the chopping block. If I apologize, I’m agreeing with her that I’m the whole problem. And that’s not true.” - Psychology Today

I really liked last season. I also thought it was unique that they kept the same actors, yet put them in such contrasting roles. I keep seeing Timothy Hutton watering plants at the nursery he worked at last season. That said, am I the only one that feels like this is one big commercial with about two minutes of show in between the commercials? I started timing it last night. The longest stream of the actual show that we see is four minutes. I don't recall that happening last season.
    Punkin likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I thought it was excellent last night. The characters are so layered, and they shed those layers slowly...it's going to be good.
    Punkin and redsox girl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I watched it, but fell asleep and missed the last 20 minutes! I'll have to catch up. I've gotten into a habit of waking up too early and getting sleepy too early.
    redsox girl likes this.

Is anyone still watching this? Because it's good and I'm confused.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

I am. Caught up with this week's episode this morning.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

FORT Newbie

This season is so good!!! I love how you think you're figuring things out but then nothing is what it seems. What piece of the puzzle is missing? Why did the team go after Taylor?

Good show! Never watched last season. Felicity Huffman looks great with dark hair.

I've got a hunch the basketball coach is gay.

I have a question about the one scene:
    The guy repairing the computer : On the screen is the question "What does it feel like to be assaulted" (or something along those lines)-is that something which was already on the computer and he notices it as he's cleaning the files( I assume he closes the laptop because he doesn't want to know what is going on) or is that a conversation on the screen in real-time?
    Also, who owns the computer? I can't replay the episode so any help is appreciated.
    Also, is he the guy who played the pseudo drug dealer/immigrant in last years episode? He looks like and sounds like him. He was nominated for an Emmy for that role and I was glad because I thought he did a fantastic job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast