+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: American Crime on ABC

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Re: American Crime on ABC

This is as close to a masterpiece , writing wise, as I watched in a long time. Every actor is brilliant. Heartbreaking, complex, stunning in it's relevance. It's so hard to watch, but that's a good thing for us. I'm glad other people are `enjoying' this show.
    "The hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be Brave. Live."- Buffy Summers

I'm not sure, is there one episode left? So confusing, watching on Hulu. I continue to be floored by the acting and depth of this show. I honestly don't know if the way the court case is going is what really happened, and I really want to know if this is going to extend into a 2nd season! If it doesn't, maybe things really are as they are playing out, with the "confession." But...it could be that this is what happens all the time, anyway. Feel so bad for the dad who sold his shop, and glad the teenager was released but...he really did mess that other kid up. I think I saw an interview of Stephen King the other day on Yahoo...it was about him being a fan of Revenge, but he also mentioned this show, in a good way.
    redsox girl likes this.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    I'm not sure, is there one episode left? So confusing, watching on Hulu. I continue to be floored by the acting and depth of this show. I honestly don't know if the way the court case is going is what really happened, and I really want to know if this is going to extend into a 2nd season! If it doesn't, maybe things really are as they are playing out, with the "confession." But...it could be that this is what happens all the time, anyway. Feel so bad for the dad who sold his shop, and glad the teenager was released but...he really did mess that other kid up. I think I saw an interview of Stephen King the other day on Yahoo...it was about him being a fan of Revenge, but he also mentioned this show, in a good way.
    The season finale aired last night. This series has seeped inside my skin. What I feel isn't manufactured by background music or clever patter. Every character is written with nuance-and I feel empathy for each person even as I feel frustration and disgust, simultaneously, for some of them. Great writing and great acting rarely happens nowadays, let alone on the same show, by every writer and every actor involved in the project. But all those things happen on American Crime.
    There are so many emotionally overwhelming events happening on the season finale tonight. Be prepared for tissues.
    Punkin, wannasee and AcookerTV like this.

Hopefully, it's up tomorrow, thanks for your impressions on it! I can't wait to see what happens and how the show will progress, be it continuation or Fargo-style...

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

It was a very good finale, things happened I never expected.
    Punkin, wannasee and AcookerTV like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh, holy cow! That was amazing and yes, they kept getting me with some of the twists. It won't be quite the same, knowing how it ends but I have to watch it again!
    Punkin likes this.

I have watched portions of this series and even some of the finale. I was intrigued and am considering watching all of it starting with Episode one. What I would like to know is if by the end, does the viewer have a good idea of who really killed that man and hurt his wife? A lot of the show seemed confusing to me and I really don't want to invest 11 hours into it, if they don't provide enough information so the you know who actually did it.

Interesting question, Debb70 and...that's mostly why I want to watch again. I THINK they explain it but since I was left having some doubts/questions, I need to find out if it was the show or me being so distracted while watching. Overall, I found it a pretty good example of how twisted up crimes can be.

I have gotten VERY varied answers to my question. Some say, it is pretty apparent who did it. Others say it isn't and they are ticked at the ending. Most of the comments here are quite positive, but I have also read scathing reports that totally trash the series. I don't know what to think. I know that I liked the parts I did see.

I read that Felicity Huffman and Timothy Hutton would be returning for Season Two, but season two is going to be a totally different story with new characters. I think I will watch that one from the beginning, so I don't have to play catch up again.

FORT Fogey

The open ended manor of the ending is what makes the show fantastic in my book. An explanation is given -- but like you said there is room for interpretation in deciding if that explanation is true or not. Like Wannasee said, it does a great job of illustrating how complicated the justice system is. When we watch from the sidelines we think things are so obvious and cut and dry. You dive into the complicated relationships and events with a story like this, and you realize everything is not what it appears on the surface.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast