+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: CSI: Cyber

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

CSI: Cyber

Premiers at 10pm on Wednesday, March 4, 2015 on CBS

CSI: CYBER . . . . . Drama inspired by the advanced technological work of real-life Cyber Psychologist Mary Aiken. Special Agent Avery Ryan heads the Cyber Crime Division of the FBI, a unit at the forefront of solving illegal activities that start in the mind, live online, and play out in the real world. She also knows firsthand how today’s technology allows people to hide in the shadows of the Internet and commit serious crimes of global proportion. Ryan’s supervisor, Assistant Director Stavros Sifter, is a shrewd FBI career insider and the clearing house between FBI Cyber and all other branches of government. Also on the team are FBI Agent Elijah Mundo, a self-proclaimed action junkie who is an expert in battlefield forensics; Daniel Krumitz, an introverted tech genius with a quick wit; Brody Nelson, an expat hacker who chose to work for the FBI over a life of cyber-crime; and Raven Ramierz, a rookie tech who is an expert in social media, cyber trends and international relations. While other agents search for criminals in dark homes and alleys, Ryan and her team search the “dark net,” a place deep in the bowels of the Web where criminals are anonymous, money is untraceable and where everything is for sale with just a keystroke.

Main Cast Members (showing on IMDB as being in the first 13 episodes):

Patricia Arquette
    Peter MacNicol
    Charley Koontz
    Hayley Kiyoko

CSI: Cyber (TV Series 2015

Synopsis of first episode, entitled KIDNAPPING 2.0 ..... Avery investigates a string of infant abductions linked to an auction site hidden in the web.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Summertime Living Easy Arielflies's Avatar

Re: CSI: Cyber

The dark web is surfacing on other shows as well. Interesting that cyber security issues have bubbled to the top of topical issues.

Looking forward to this one.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

my interested has faded in the regular CSI, but I will give this one a try. Tho it wont be til later in the week as I cant give up my Wahlburgs/Donne Loves Jenny (tho that may be over soon)
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield
    FORT 2015 Yearbook Title:The FoRT's Best Little Sister And Social Media Mogul

When I first heard about the show, I was hoping for an appearance by one (or more) of the CSI:NY gang. If Nick Stokes shows up, that will be okay too. If I had my way, I'd reunite David Krumholtz with Peter MacNichol. They were good together on Numb3rs.

I'm looking forward to CSI:Cyber. I enjoyed the shows that were aired last year to introduce the cyber division.

Just a reminder: first episode starts tonight

I'll get around to watching it soon. CSI is usually all about the procedure, not the relationships. Patricia Arquette is best in the relationships. So we'll see how this plays out.

Not really sure what to think. I was working on a quilt project while watching (something that didn't take much concentration) and I found it hard to pay attention for any length of time. Not enough of Peter MacNicol's quirkiness. I like Patricia Arquette, even with her breathy distracted speech pattern and Van der Beek has held up well (he'll be 38 on Saturday). The computer geek guy seems to be channeling Jorge Garcia's characters (Lost/Hurley, Alcatraz/Diego & Hawaii 5-0/Jerry). Funny (in an odd way) that his characters last name is KRUMITZ ..... which is very close to KRUMHOLTZ (last name of Peter MacNicol's co-star on Numb3rs & someone I was wishing would be on this show as well).

I'll watch again as I usually try to give a new show at least three episodes before I call it quits.

For the first episode of a series - I enjoyed this one. I liked the team, and the story was interesting. I wasn't sure at first whether I was going to like the whole "cyber" part of it - but it was suitably creepy and makes you take good hard look at all of our technological advancements.....talk about big brother watching - yikes!
    TripleGemini likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Summertime Living Easy Arielflies's Avatar

Instead of Numbers, now when I see Peter MacNicol I think of him as the Beserker who stayed and hoping he has a fruitful life in Portland. (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. reference)

They telegraphed the true crime within the first two minutes. I was waiting for the cyber unit to catch up. After they caught up, all the computer whizmos and gizmos took over and the show moved very fast (much of the plot was behind the scenes.) I'll give it a try, but I got such a "Gee Whiz, look at us" vibe from it.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-05-2015 at 03:55 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast