+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree265Likes

Thread: Better Call Saul on AMC

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Better Call Saul on AMC

I only watched the first 2 episodes so far and I'm kind of on the fence. It is ok, but doesn't always hold my attention. I'm hoping it gets better as it goes
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I recall reading an interview with Vince about Raymond Cruz. They really wanted him for more episodes but I guess he has scheduling issues that got in the way.
    Yes, I recall reading that (or maybe hearing VG say it in an interview). Since Tuco had to go, they created the Gus Fring character/storyline. Gus was fabulous, but in a different way than Tuco.

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Hey Mave, ya know this is gonna drag me up out of the dregs, but I'm glad to see ya here. BCS is set in May, 2002. There were still many payphones, about 2M of them.

VG is doing a bit of an historical show here. 2002 doesn't seem that long ago, but where were we then? On dial up? DSL at best?
    O.m.g.. PhoneGrrl! Soo nice to see you old friend. Hope you're doing excellente~

True about the payphones way back then. I was either gonna comment about the payphones, or comment on how Jimmy always had change for the phones, but none for the parking lot.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    It might be hard to appreciate the show without having seen Breaking Bad. If you can find the old BB shows, they are worth checking out. I don't think realism is what the storytellers had in mind with BB or now with BCS.
    I've seen every episode of BB, and a few times over. Very familiar.
    Thing is.. they are trying to have realism in BCS as well as BB. If for one minute we're suppose to believe that Tuco is going to kill kids, or snip fingers off.. then I'd hope that the scene of two cops in the hallway deciding on whether to arrest Jimmy or not, would be as equally "real". That was my point.

Sure, the premise of BB was a bit absurd (or was it? Hmm..), but I'd bet dollars to donuts that while viewers watch it..there's realism in it. I know I did. Anyway. BCS is fun to watch & I'm enjoying it.

Sure, the premise of BB was a bit absurd (or was it? Hmm..), but I'd bet dollars to donuts that while viewers watch it..there's realism in it. I know I did. Anyway. BCS is fun to watch & I'm enjoying it.
    I think that while some of the events in BB were absurd, the general premise was actually realistic.

Main premise: Under-achieving middle age man with pregnant wife, disabled son, mediocre health insurance is diagnosed with terminal cancer. So he decides to do illegal things so his family will have money after he’s gone. (realistic)

But……, while enjoyable to watch, these are some of the events which (imo) were far-fetched:
    He constantly gets away with his criminal behavior, kills a lot of people (self-defense and otherwise)
    Lawyer Saul frequently helps to cover the crimes
    Smart DEA agent brother-in-law never figured it out on his own
    Cousins sitting in bed with axe are called away just in the nick of time
    10 men in prison murdered within a 2 minute time frame
    While hiding from cops he comes back to town and freely moves around
    Car rigged to kill all the bad guys

We're on a site that caters to people who like/love reality shows.

I dunno. If I have a dislike for a scripted show and/or parts of it, am I not allowed to voice it?
    Punkin and Florimel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    We're on a site that caters to people who like/love reality shows.

I dunno. If I have a dislike for a scripted show and/or parts of it, am I not allowed to voice it?
    Of course you're "allowed" to alike or dislike a show, or parts of it, and to state your dislike. There's no rule I'm aware of that says you must like everything about every show. I certainly don't, nor does everyone who posts. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Not everyone who posts has to agree about all the minutia of every show. People are "allowed" to disagree or debate.

Then you lost me on why you went through the trouble of pointing out the absurdity of BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Then you lost me on why you went through the trouble of pointing out the absurdity of BB.
    Then you'll just have to remain lost. I never pointed out any absurdity of BB - you did. Then you got defensive.

I'm a huge BB fan.

I did gloss over this show a bit. I understand they are trying to build up all of the characters & their storylines. I need to wait until the end of the series & binge watch.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread