Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree311Likes

Thread: Better Call Saul on AMC

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Re: Better Call Saul on AMC

I didn't hear it on the show.
    Punkin likes this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    I didn't hear it on the show.
    Maveno, if you google "Better Call Saul" you will find a LOT of material/articles/interviews to read and to give you information about the show, what is what, and who-is-who.

Good interview with Raymond Cruz (Tuco):

Raymond Cruz
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanus View Post
    Maveno, if you google "Better Call Saul" you will find a LOT of material/articles/interviews to read and to give you information about the show, what is what, and who-is-who.
    Thanks! I'll go paruse right now.

Quote Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
    I have seen it stated elsewhere they are brothers but I was wondering if it actually was mentioned on the show.
    I think I heard it on the show, but I've got the first two episodes save, so I'll take a look and see if I can find it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Here's my take on the episode.

It was 'aight.

The first thing I have to say is.. WOW! I never knew there were so many payphones in NM.

It got campy though..for ME. The whole Jimmy/Kim thing is a bit annoying. I'm thinking that they grew up together or something..but still.. it's just too silly.
    But MOST of all, what was campiest for me was the two cops in the hallway talking w/Mike & going back 'n forth with Jimmy. It wasn't realistic, at.all.

I like that the Chuck/Jimmy thing was told this episode.. maybe I shouldn't wonder/ask who people are anymore.

All in all.. 1-10, this episode was a 5. Didn't hold the realistic muster I crave. BUT.. I won't stop watching it.

This is not Breaking Bad and I'm glad it's not trying to be. If it's a little campy, I think that's what they're going for.

So far, I'm enjoying it tremendously.
    Punkin, Maveno and Jexter like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I don't want it to be BB at all...for the record. BB was more realistic though..but like I said, I won't stop watching. I like it still.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

The first thing I have to say is.. WOW! I never knew there were so many payphones in NM.
    Hey Mave, ya know this is gonna drag me up out of the dregs, but I'm glad to see ya here. BCS is set in May, 2002. There were still many payphones, about 2M of them.

VG is doing a bit of an historical show here. 2002 doesn't seem that long ago, but where were we then? On dial up? DSL at best?
    Punkin and Maveno like this.

FORT Fogey

Here's my take on the episode.

It was 'aight.

It got campy though..for ME. The whole Jimmy/Kim thing is a bit annoying. I'm thinking that they grew up together or something..but still.. it's just too silly.
    But MOST of all, what was campiest for me was the two cops in the hallway talking w/Mike & going back 'n forth with Jimmy. It wasn't realistic, at.all.

I like that the Chuck/Jimmy thing was told this episode.. maybe I shouldn't wonder/ask who people are anymore.

All in all.. 1-10, this episode was a 5. Didn't hold the realistic muster I crave. BUT.. I won't stop watching it.
    It might be hard to appreciate the show without having seen Breaking Bad. If you can find the old BB shows, they are worth checking out. I don't think realism is what the storytellers had in mind with BB or now with BCS.

I love the show so far! It's a little slower and less gripping than BB but that doesn't surprise me given the differences between Saul and Walt. Although, it might be more challenging to keep Saul's storyline engaging and dramatic relative to Walt's storyline (lawyer vs. meth maker).

Bringing Mike back was a good move.
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanus View Post
    Good interview with Raymond Cruz (Tuco):

Raymond Cruz
    I don't watch a lot of scripted tv so it's hard for me to say, but Tuco was an amazing villain in BB. Some of the best and most gripping drama of the whole series was during the first 2 seasons featuring Tuco. In fact, I think the Tuco storyline is what hooked me into the show to begin with. The show continued to deliver after Tuco left, but he is the one who got me there.

I recall reading an interview with Vince about Raymond Cruz. They really wanted him for more episodes but I guess he has scheduling issues that got in the way.
    Last edited by Jexter; 02-18-2015 at 09:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread