+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930
Like Tree311Likes

Thread: Better Call Saul on AMC

Re: Better Call Saul on AMC

Quote Originally Posted by oceanus View Post
    Michael didn't get nominated.
    Then those who chose do not know what the (insert favorite curse word here) they're doing. I really find that hard to believe.
    petertracy likes this.
    "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Dr. Who (10th doctor and my favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl View Post
    Then those who chose do not know what the (insert favorite curse word here) they're doing. I really find that hard to believe.
    I'm really disappointed. They gave Jonathan Banks yet another nomination in that category (best supporting actor in a drama), but imo Michael deserved a nomination for his Chuck McGill performance, which was stellar.

I agree with this article regarding the "snub":

https://www.google.com/amp/decider.c...omination/amp/
    Last edited by oceanus; 07-13-2017 at 04:00 PM.
    Punkin likes this.

^^^ Agreed. I love Jonathan Banks, but NO WAY was his performance better than Michael McKean's this season. That was MM's nomination.

There were a number of other snubs this year that I found surprising and disappointing and some nominations I didn't think were deserved. I guess that's how it always goes with the Emmys.
    oceanus likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    ^^^ Agreed. I love Jonathan Banks, but NO WAY was his performance better than Michael McKean's this season. That was MM's nomination.

There were a number of other snubs this year that I found surprising and disappointing and some nominations I didn't think were deserved. I guess that's how it always goes with the Emmys.
    Totally agree. When it comes to awards (Emmys, Oscars, etc.) there are often surprises and sometimes jawdroppers. THIS was a jawdropper.

I'm just sick about it.

Lots of puzzled and angry people based on various internet comments.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...vers-americans

"As for Better Call Saul – and not to do down Jonathan Banks, who received a supporting actor nomination – it is a tragedy that Michael McKean wasn’t recognised. His knotty, stubborn, complicated portrayal of Chuck McGill wasn’t just a career-best performance for him, it was one of the best performances by anyone in TV all year. Banks said about six words the entire series, but McKean built up and destroyed an entire life. The fact that he won’t be able to compete in next year’s awards makes the snub sting even more."
    Critical, agamergirl and Kiz like this.

^^^ amen.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread