+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree311Likes

Thread: Better Call Saul on AMC

Re: Better Call Saul on AMC

Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    It's my understanding that Chuck and Jimmy are brothers. I'm thinking Chuck's problems are more mental than physical.

I think everyone has very high expectations for this show, and for that reason I thought it was going to suck. Based on the first two episodes, I was wrong! Vince Gilligan does it again!
    Yes, Chuck and Jimmy (Saul) are brothers. I've read a lot of reviews, and Chuck has some mental/emotional issues. Chuck is played by Michael McKean who was Lenny on "Laverne & Shirley".

I've read quite a few reviews - all of they say this show is great! As a huge BB fan, I'm glad to hear that.

FORT Fan

How did you all figure out that Chuck is his brother? I have been trying to figure out the relationship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Maveno likes this.

Same last name, but too close in age to be father and son.

ETA: Loved seeing Tuco again. He's such an excellent sociopath. So far, the show's looking like it's going to be pretty great!
    Last edited by Critical; 02-10-2015 at 08:21 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

He's such an excellent sociopath.
    Raymond Cruz (Tuco) has been cast as Ariel Castro (the man in Clevemand who kept 3 girls hostage for 10 yrs) in a movie. Not sure if it's a feature film or TV movie or when it will be aired/released.

I saw an interview several yrs ago with Raymond Cruz, who is actually very soft spoken. He was talking about the scene at Tuco's house in the country with Walt and Jesse.

I caught episode one! Loved it, especially seeing Mike!

I'm pretty sure they mentioned that Chuck is Jimmy's brothers more than once and I imagine that Cliff took care of Jimmy in better days and Jimmy not only loves him but feels is he owns him.

I sure that a lot of the story will develop over time. We still don't know when Jimmy becomes Saul or how he get his legal license to practice law under that name.

Loved Episode #2 with Tuco and cronies.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

I must totally not paid attention because I don't recall it being mentioned they were brothers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Maveno likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Color me the outsider but as someone who LOVED Breaking Bad, I truly did not at all like Better Call Saul. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Hello everyone posting here about Jimmy and Chuck ..... read the WIKI link I posted in my FIRST post on this thread!

It states right in that link that Jimmy and Chuck are brothers!

Well I have been super busy and finally my hubby and I watched BOTH episodes together last night and absolutely LOVED it! I did not want it to end! So excited! It's just so good! Awesome seeing MIKE and TUCO!
    Florimel likes this.
    KAREN

FORT Fan

I have seen it stated elsewhere they are brothers but I was wondering if it actually was mentioned on the show.

+ Reply to Thread