+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: Better Call Saul on AMC

FORT Fogey

Re: Better Call Saul on AMC

I'm obsessing over BCS - especially the Jimmy vs. Chuck storyline. I know many are getting weary of it, but that's the main reason I'm so in love with the show. There is so much more story to tell. I hope it continues even as they inch closer to BB days.

Michael McKean is amazing. I don't know that I've ever seen him in a dramatic role, and I'm loving it.

There is so much nuance to BCS that I started rewatching the entire series and it struck me we only have 3 more episodes and then it won't be back until next spring so I'm going take my time and rewatch both shows during the downtime.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed View Post
    Hector's days of walking and talking are probably numbered, if Breaking Bad is anything to go by. Why did Mike change his mind and decide to help the pharmacist with his drug deal? I know it had something to do with the conversation he had with the Navy widow, but I can't figure out the exact reason.
    I visit another board and there are a few theories but all seem to assume Nacho would lead Mike to the whereabouts of Anita's husband. Could be he is a bit smitten or minimally sympathetic and wants to help. Also could be that Anita's husband is the one who put the "don't" sign on Mike's car window in the desert. He wasn't followed by car - so it must have been someone who was hunkering down in the desert and knows how to navigate it incognito. A military man who likes to camp seems to fit the bill.

Either way, the implication is that Nacho can help find out the guy's whereabouts....which implies some sort of connection to the drug trade.

Season finale tonight!
    Punkin likes this.

BOOOOO!!! It seems like the season JUST started!
    Punkin and petertracy like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    BOOOOO!!! It seems like the season JUST started!
    Yeah, I know.

Howard! (Here's your check, buhbye)
    Ohhhhh, that last look between Howard & Chuck

Michael McKean...Emmy...I hope.
    Punkin, petertracy and momrek06 like this.

Chuck Although Chuck definitely caused Jimmy a lot of pain (and, of course, vice versa), Michael McKean is such an incredible actor. I love watching him. I'll miss him if he's really dead, although they did say on TS that he could be back in flashbacks, even if the character did die. I worry that, if Chuck is gone, that will mean we don't see Howard any more. I've had a longstanding crush on Patrick Fabian and love seeing him get a more meaty role to play.

That moment when Chuck told Jimmy that he never mattered to him was like a knife in the heart. He knew exactly what to say to cause Jimmy the most pain. Like Chris Hardwick said on TS, Chuck dying after that would really be a transformative event for Jimmy.

The closer we get to the events of BB, the more nervous I get about Kim. My only hope is that she just left and moved out of ABQ. I'd hate to think something terrible happens to her. I just love that character. I'd rather just think of her off practicing in Denver (or.....Omaha? ) while Jimmy is being Saul during BB.

Jimmy gathering up all of Kim's paperwork by the light of the headlights

I'm definitely going to have to rewatch the whole series before next season. Love this show.
    agamergirl and momrek06 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Gus Fring's final training video. (Yo, Jesse!)

I thought it was really sweet of Jimmy trying to pick up all those papers for Kim. He's really a good guy at heart. But, as for all of us, life's experiences change us. How you let those changes affect you determines who you become. Chuck was really a heartless S.O.B. Jimmy really does love him and he couldn't care less. He really lost it at the end. I will not be sad to see him gone. Michael has done a fantastic job of making us hate that character. Who'd have ever known when we were watching Happy Days that he'd metamorphosize into such a compelling character?
    momrek06 likes this.
    "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Dr. Who (10th doctor and my favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl View Post
    I thought it was really sweet of Jimmy trying to pick up all those papers for Kim. He's really a good guy at heart. But, as for all of us, life's experiences change us. How you let those changes affect you determines who you become. Chuck was really a heartless S.O.B. Jimmy really does love him and he couldn't care less. He really lost it at the end. I will not be sad to see him gone. Michael has done a fantastic job of making us hate that character. Who'd have ever known when we were watching Happy Days that he'd metamorphosize into such a compelling character?
    You mean "Laverne & Shirley" ........(easy mistake)
    momrek06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread