• 1 Post By mushybrain
  • 2 Post By Punkin
  • 2 Post By mushybrain
  • 4 Post By Katydyd
  • 1 Post By Fanny Mare
  • 1 Post By Fo'Realz?

Thread: Backstrom - FOX

Backstrom - FOX

Mods, please correct me if I am doing this wrong. I didn't see a thread for Backstrom, so I started one because I am wondering if anyone else is watching it. Thus far, it has been very entertaining. "I am you."
    Punkin likes this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Re: Backstrom

I'm enjoying it! He's quirky and not the usual handsome leading man we're used to, but he's growing on me. "I am you."
    mushybrain and Fo'Realz? like this.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

I also really like all the supporting characters, especially Niedermeyer and Valentine! I hope a lot of people are watching it.
    Punkin and Katydyd like this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

I am you. I'm watching this quirky detective show on TV and really liking it. The lead character is reminding me of some weird mash-up of Columbo, House, and Oscar Madison. I am loving all the supporting characters as well, especially the gay, goth.....son?.....of the lead character. I am particularly appreciating how the writers are (so far) successfully blending the off-beat humor with tiny bursts of sentiment (see "kite flying") that keep the otherwise boorish lead character just this side of likeable. I am you....
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I keep forgetting to set up my dvr! I definitely will check this out, I hope everyone watching will post some tidbits about the show on here!

Derek is the best!!! Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    I keep forgetting to set up my dvr! I definitely will check this out, I hope everyone watching will post some tidbits about the show on here!
    Me too! We just caught it on demand..we LOL a few times, he is great!
    mushybrain likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

I almost hate to add that my hubby and I are both all in on Backstrom - because I'd hate to jinx it.
    So many shows that we both liked have been axed that I start to worry almost immediately when we both give a new one the thumbs up.
    Punkin likes this.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

I just found it so I'll have to talk a look.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I caught the first episode on Hulu and thought it was a bit "meh". I was really looking forward too it too. Some shows take a few episodes to warm up so I'll give it a go, but I am currently disappointed in it.

+ Reply to Thread