+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree323Likes

Thread: Empire

Re: Empire

He is my fave character for now, I say for now because everyone else seems to have flaws (which isnt a bad thing, in fact it makes them more relatable in some cases), so i am waiting to see "whats wrong" with him, if that makes sense.
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

Perfect sense. I only hope nothing is wrong with him. That would ruin everything. The rest of the characters can have all the little on-the-side sly that the writers want to fabricate, but Jamal is good and pure and honest and sweet, and I hope the writers don't end up ruining that for me.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

I kind of liked when Jamal finally grew a back bone and declared he wanted the Empire because then it would get rid of a little of his way to perfect thing going on. I like the flaws everyone else has on this show. Makes the characters well rounded and I'd like to not have an obvious hero or someone to root for more like a lesser of the evils would make me happy because it's complex.
    AmyKay and JosephD like this.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I kind of liked when Jamal finally grew a back bone and declared he wanted the Empire because then it would get rid of a little of his way to perfect thing going on. I like the flaws everyone else has on this show. Makes the characters well rounded and I'd like to not have an obvious hero or someone to root for more like a lesser of the evils would make me happy because it's complex.
    Hmmmm.....You make a good point, so let me rephrase what I said earlier.

I just don't want Jamal to cheat on Michael. (Not that I think he would). But even though they're just characters on a show, that's one of those unforgiveable things that would ruin the show for me.

On the other hand, if the writers want to make his character resort to some underhanded, shady maneuvers against Lucious in his quest to take over Empire, I'm cool with that. The guy's living in a roach infested apartment, so desperate times call for desperate measures.
    AmyKay and causingchaos like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

By the end of the show I think everyone is going to have done some serious acts of betrayal and unforgivable things. If I were writing it I'd probably be writing it that the apples don't fall particularly far from the trees and have the older generation having to face their own flaws through their children at some point.
    JosephD likes this.

Season 1 Episode 5- "Dangerous Bonds" An anonymous gift from a secret admirer is received with trepidation from Cookie, who suspects it's a veiled threat from a person from her prison past. Meanwhile Lucious takes charge of Hakeems video shoot

The hopeless romantic in me wants to guess that the secret admirer is Lucious, but I kinda doubt it.
    MReid likes this.

.... OMG .... I was right!!!!
    causingchaos likes this.

I was thinking the same thing too Joseph!!

Best episode of the season in my opinion this show just keeps getting better and better cannot wait for next week!
    JosephD likes this.

+ Reply to Thread