+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree323Likes

Thread: Empire

FORT Fogey

Re: Empire

What!? Bunkie is Cookie's cousin?! Lucious is cold. Thoroughly enjoyed this latest episode.
    MReid likes this.

I love cookie she had me when she took that broom to her son lol. I think the show is great!
    MReid likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I enjoyed Empire, too. Jamal is my favorite character. He's not acting out to draw attention to himself (like Hakeem) or plotting the destruction of others to get his way (like Andre). He's living his life on his own terms, seeking to develop his talents, whether it brings him fame and fortune or not. It doesn't hurt that he's easy on the eyes, too.

Cookie is a mess but she's enjoyable to watch because of the way she shakes everything up. I'd be bitter and hateful, too, if my money started a successful company and I was then shut out from the proceeds from it.

I also don't care for rap and hip hop but at least Jamal's music is good since it's more R & B.

I'm not familiar with any of the actors in Empire.
    Punkin likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I enjoyed Empire, too. Jamal is my favorite character. He's not acting out to draw attention to himself (like Hakeem) or plotting the destruction of others to get his way (like Andre). He's living his life on his own terms, seeking to develop his talents, whether it brings him fame and fortune or not. It doesn't hurt that he's easy on the eyes, too.

Cookie is a mess but she's enjoyable to watch because of the way she shakes everything up. I'd be bitter and hateful, too, if my money started a successful company and I was then shut out from the proceeds from it.

I also don't care for rap and hip hop but at least Jamal's music is good since it's more R & B.

I'm not familiar with any of the actors in Empire.
    Jamal is from The Mighty Ducks movie (going WAY back here). He, and Gabby, (who plays the secretary Becky), and Rafael De La Fuente, (who plays Jamal's boyfriend Michael), were all Tweeting us throughout the show last night. That was pretty cool of them. And "Shut up, Dora" is now trending like crazy on Twitter ever since Cookie told that to Michael when she barged in on him in Jamal in bed. Taraji Henson, who plays Cookie, has a huge Dora The Explorer on her Twitter feed. Something tells me poor Michael ain't gonna live that down too soon. Jamal, who's real name is Jussie Smollett had to audition for his part SEVEN times before they chose him. I can't imagine auditioning SEVEN times! I would have been so discouraged by the third or fourth audition. When he sings on the show, it's really him singing. Yes, he's easy on the eyes, but so is Michael, Cookie, Lucious.... well, all of them really. What a sharp looking cast of characters.
    Punkin and xcptnl like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

I don't really like any of the boys which I suppose is sort of the goal (other than making Jamal appear sympathetic). But even Jamal's character rubs me the wrong ways to the point of me thinking so who really is the lesser of the evils when it comes to taking over that company. I'd be real mad if I was Cookie with the money she put in and the time prison she put in because of that money only to end up making everyone else rich basically.

I think in a kind of weird way Lucious kind of admires Cookie's spunk. I think he still feels some kind of way about her. Dang I was so rooting for that shoe lol
    causingchaos, MReid and JosephD like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I think in a kind of weird way Lucious kind of admires Cookie's spunk. I think he still feels some kind of way about her. Dang I was so rooting for that shoe lol
    Oh, most definitely. I agree. I think he loves that she's standing up to him. They're going to end up having one last roll in the sheets 'for old time's sake,' I'm sure. And most likely, his pretty little girlfriend will either catch them in the act, or Cookie will make sure of it she knows.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

This weeks episode got even more views than the premiere over 10.32 million views!
    MsDiva2007 and JosephD like this.

I just learned that Naomi Campbell is going to make a reoccurring guest appearance on the show as the love interest of Hakeem, the youngest son. Naomi is like 40 something, and Hakeem is like 20 something. Oh snap! Cookie's gonna go buck wild. That's her little boy.

Episode 3- " The Devil Quotes Scripture"- The Lyons visit Philadelphia and get a taste of what their lives could have been like if Lucious never became a giant success in the music biz, and tensions rise wwhen another woman tries to catch Hakeems eye

+ Reply to Thread