+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Escaping Polygamy on LMN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Escaping Polygamy on LMN

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    I caught this last night right before bed and in typical fashion I fell asleep with about 30 minutes left of the show. So the girl they helped leave ended up going back? Sad. I was thinking while watching this I wonder why there isn't some local non profit that helps those coming out of those families get established in "real world" (if there isn't already). I must say I am very proud of most these girls for being in a bad situation and using it to help others.
    Yes, it was Hannah who apparently was persuaded to go back. With all of the talk about the widespread ABUSE against the women and children, I can only imagine the additional abuse she probably would have suffered once they got her back.

I feel so sorry for them all, including the young boys who are kicked out (because they are competition for the old men).

And this cult seemed to me to be somewhat different than most of the polygamous cults that we hear about -- in that the husbands do not even live with, or provide much for, or have much contact with their wives + children --- And on the other hand, the wives and children seemed to be much more integrated into the public community, and dressed normally. And even those who had 'escaped' seemed to have much more ability to have contact with those members who are still in the cult.

I think there are a fair number of people and groups around the country that are trying to help the escapees --- clearly not enough of them. The whole situation is really sad. To me it's always sad with ANY group of of people where one or more ASSUME POWER OVER the others, and inevitably abuse and/or mistreat them.
    AmyKay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    I caught this last night right before bed and in typical fashion I fell asleep with about 30 minutes left of the show. So the girl they helped leave ended up going back? Sad. I was thinking while watching this I wonder why there isn't some local non profit that helps those coming out of those families get established in "real world" (if there isn't already). I must say I am very proud of most these girls for being in a bad situation and using it to help others.
    There are non-profits here in Utah that do that. I have a friend who works for one.
    Punkin and AmyKay like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Escaping Polygamy Full Episodes, Video & More | A&E

Now on the A&E CHANNEL!!!

New season starts MONDAY AUGUST 7th!!!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12