+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: I.D. Investigation Discovery Channel

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

I.D. Investigation Discovery Channel

I looked everywhere for a link for I.D. The channel features true crime series such as Lt. Joe Kenda: Homicide Hunter, A Crime To Remember (Emmy winning show), Love The Way You Lie, Murder Book etc...
    Punkin likes this.
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Re: I.D. Investigation Discovery Channel

Is anyone watching A Crime To Remember? Each week a well known or not so well known crime from the past is recreated through the eyes of witnesses with narration by a `character' from the time period explaining how and why the community was affected by the crime and why locals reacted the way they did. Very well done.. This is it's second season-it won an Emmy this year for it's first season.
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I love Joe Kenda. He is so laid back. Almost ordered a t-shirt on line that just says, "My, My, My."

Most days when I'm home by myself, I either have ID on the tv, or watch endless reruns of other true life shows. Mr. C accuses me of trying to be sure I can get away with murder by learning about all the evidence NOT to leave behind. Nope. I just think what people do to each other in real life is much more interesting than scripted TV shows. Thus my addiction to Survivor, TAR, etc.
    Punkin and redsox girl like this.
    FoRT friend you are most likely to meet up with, wherever you live!

Count me in! Been watching it for years. I'm watching Nightmare Next Door right now! ID is my background noise while I'm cleaning house. Love Kenda! A Crime to Remember is sponsored by Allstate, so Allstate runs old commercials from the '60s when some of the old crimes occurred. Early on, ID ran a lot of old Dateline and 20-20 true crime stories, but now they have a lot of new series of their own. Seems that ID has found that Crime Pays!

My son says I'm morbid to watch all this crime. Give me a good Serial Killer and I'm happy! But I watch a lot of Nat Geo and Discovery series to keep me balanced.
    Maveno, pikachu and redsox girl like this.

I enjoy some shows on ID. Joe Kenda is one of my favorites, and my daughter even tolerates watching him. My daughter doesn't enjoy watching most of the shows so I don't watch it as often. I do notice that I need to watch lighthearted stuff if I watch too many in a row. All that murder and death can be a bit depressing. We also like watching "I Almost Got Away with It", although I'm not positive that show is on ID.
    redsox girl likes this.

Punkin and AZChristian like this.
    KAREN

Thanks for the heads-up, momrek! This case is of particular interest to me. In the '60s I read the books The Boston Strangler by Gerald Frank, and In Cold Blood by Truman Capote, leading to a lifelong fascination with books about True Crime. There has been much speculation over the years over whether Albert DeSalvo as really the killer. I'm happy to see that ID is showing an update on the case!
    momrek06 and AZChristian like this.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up, momrek! This case is of particular interest to me. In the '60s I read the books The Boston Strangler by Gerald Frank, and In Cold Blood by Truman Capote, leading to a lifelong fascination with books about True Crime. There has been much speculation over the years over whether Albert DeSalvo as really the killer. I'm happy to see that ID is showing an update on the case!
    Oh Punkin, awesome!! You will really like this I am sure!!

I am from Boston so I am interested in as this case gets discussed allot in the news in Boston.

I never read In Cold Blood but did see the movie with Philip Seymour Hoffman playing TC. What a case!!!!!!
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

I'm guessing you guys don't live alone. YIKES! That stuff would give me DAYmares in addition to NIGHTmares.
    Punkin likes this.
    What if there were no hypothetical questions?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

OMG, I love this channel. I watch it all the time in the summer or when my regular shows are on hiatus
    Punkin likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast