+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Christmas TV shows 2014

Christmas TV shows 2014

I saw a couple of Christmas shows and wasn't sure where to put them. So, I thought I'd put just one here.

I love seeing the lighting of the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Plaza. It was on last night with an assortment of performances, including Tony Bennett and Lady GaGa, Mariah Carey, Idina Menzel, and others. Leanne Rhimes performed and it was quite a sight. Anyone catch it? What is wrong with her? Sad. And what about Lady GaGa? I normally like her, but she's lost it too. I had started to give her some credence after her pairing with Bennett, but no, she's lost it.

Did you see the CMA Christmas Show Monday night? Jennifer Nettles hosted and OMG, that woman can sing. She and Idina Menzel sang the theme from Frozen. OMG. What a blessing. That was the event of the season for me. I'm not sure what's going on with Christmas shows this season, but apparently there is a contest as to who can expose their nipples the most. lol
    momrek06 likes this.

Re: Christmas TV shows 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I saw a couple of Christmas shows and wasn't sure where to put them. So, I thought I'd put just one here.

I love seeing the lighting of the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Plaza. It was on last night with an assortment of performances, including Tony Bennett and Lady GaGa, Mariah Carey, Idina Menzel, and others. Leanne Rhimes performed and it was quite a sight. Anyone catch it? What is wrong with her? Sad. And what about Lady GaGa? I normally like her, but she's lost it too. I had started to give her some credence after her pairing with Bennett, but no, she's lost it.

Did you see the CMA Christmas Show Monday night? Jennifer Nettles hosted and OMG, that woman can sing. She and Idina Menzel sang the theme from Frozen. OMG. What a blessing. That was the event of the season for me. I'm not sure what's going on with Christmas shows this season, but apparently there is a contest as to who can expose their nipples the most. lol
    I also watched the Rockefeller Plaza Christmas show, Debb!!!

I love the Christmas shows!!!
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

I read that Mariah Carey held the filming of her performance for 3 hours with people standing in the cold, so they canned her from the show!!!!!!! THEN, she begged to play nice and they allowed her to perform a SEPARATE taping of her performance, but ONLY if she would sing LIVE. She agreed. I think she made the wrong decision. It wasn't good, IMO. She and Leanne Rhimes have really gone downhill. What happened to their voices? Sad. And neither one knows how to dress. Ugh...

A VERY GRAMMY CHRISTMAS is coming on this Friday evening on CBS. The line up looks pretty good.

A family from my area of NC is up to win $50,000.00 in the ABC's Christmas Light Show Contest tomorrow night! I'm rooting for them. Here's a peek.

Johnston County family could win big thanks to huge Christmas lights display | abc11.com
    ArchieComic Fan likes this.

I'm a Hallmark channel junkie this time of year. I can spend an entire weekend watching the sappy, corny Christmas shows on Hallmark, Lifetime, and ABC Family
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 12-21-2014 at 08:15 PM.
    cablejockey, AmyKay and ilja like this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I used to stumble on the Grinch cartoon a couple times a holiday season and this year I haven't stumbled on it at all. Not digging this sing along version of Sound of Music tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I used to stumble on the Grinch cartoon a couple times a holiday season and this year I haven't stumbled on it at all. Not digging this sing along version of Sound of Music tonight.
    Especially since the "live" version was just on last night. But there's nothing else on I care to watch, so here I am watching again. I find the sing along words on the screen to be irritating.

I thought I'd like the Christmas Light Show competition show, since I love Christmas light displays. They make me happy.
    But I find the show a huge display of gluttony, excess & gaudiness. They take all the joy & happiness of Christmastime & turn it into a big obnoxious irritation. Could you imagine living across the street or next door to those abominations?
    I'm not watching anymore.
    Last edited by Miss Scarlet; 12-21-2014 at 10:10 PM.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I used to stumble on the Grinch cartoon a couple times a holiday season and this year I haven't stumbled on it at all...
    I know! I was just griping about that the other day, I haven't seen my Grinch yet. And not that Jim Carrey abominaton, I want the old cartoon.

I think they're showing it Christmas night. Pff.
    ilja likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

They've had a lot of Christmas movies and some specials like the one with Blake Shelton lately, but I've seen most of them several times.

I did watch the one of singers in DC at the National Museum. The Obamas were on the front row. It was pretty good. Darius Rucker was the highlight to me. It will probably run throughout the week. It was very traditional Christmas music.

There was a musical special from LA at the Grove. I didn't care for the performers and didn't watch much of that one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast