+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Girlfriends Guide to Divorce on Bravo

Girlfriends Guide to Divorce on Bravo

"Girlfriends Guide to Divorce" Tuesdays @10pm on Bravo.

(First episode was last night 12/2/14!)

Girlfriends Guide to Divorce | Bravo TV Official Site

Bravo's first original scripted series, Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce, follows Abby McCarthy (Lisa Edelstein, House), a self-help book author and guru of all things family, who shocks the world when she reveals that her seemingly perfect life has all been a lie.

After publicly admitting that she has separated from her husband, Jake (Paul Adelstein, Private Practice), America's once-favorite girlfriend finds her career and marriage in a free fall.

As she starts to navigate life as a single woman in her 40s, Abby turns to her new divorced friends, rather than her married ones, for advice.

Her friend Lyla (Janeane Garofalo, Reality Bites) is a legendary no-nonsense entertainment lawyer who is in a constant "War of the Roses" battle with her ex-husband, and Phoebe (Beau Garrett, Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior) is a former model and budding entrepreneur who has a very unique relationship with her ex.

When she hires Delia (Necar Zadegan, Emily Owens, MD) as her divorce attorney, Abby's brother Max (Patrick Heusinger, Royal Pains), who fought hard for the right to marry, questions his sister on how she can so easily decide to walk away from her own marriage.

Abby is on a journey of self-discovery as she attempts to salvage her career, get back in the dating game and figure out her new identity as a single woman.

As she hits the reset button on her life, she embarks on startling adventures and mishaps along the way, including her first post-marriage hook-up, a blog post gone horribly wrong, and a Vegas trip that leads to some unexpected complications.

And, while in the process of trying and failing to have the "perfect divorce," Abby ultimately questions whether her marriage is worth saving.

Is anyone watching?

I liked it allot!!!!
    KAREN

Re: Girlfriends Guide to Divorce on Bravo

I'll check it out. I saw a preview, but wasn't sure what to make of it.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'll check it out. I saw a preview, but wasn't sure what to make of it.
    Its a scripted series!!!

I had seen all the commercials for it and thought whatever I will record it. I needed a little break from 'reality' TV!!! lol

I really liked it!!! Great cast!!! I had not seen Lisa E seen HOUSE!!!
    KAREN

I watched part of it last night. It's a little different.....and I'm not sure what to make of it. I won't say I don't like it just yet. I think I just have to adjust. It's a different kind of drama/comedy. I'll take the time to watch it in full later on.

Who's the actress who plays her good friend? Didn't she used to be Clare on Six Feet Under?
    momrek06 likes this.

I recorded it and am looking forward to it; it seems like has potential.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I watched part of it last night. It's a little different.....and I'm not sure what to make of it. I won't say I don't like it just yet. I think I just have to adjust. It's a different kind of drama/comedy. I'll take the time to watch it in full later on.

Who's the actress who plays her good friend? Didn't she used to be Clare on Six Feet Under?
    No her best friend is PHOEBE! Her real name is Beau Garrett! (You are talking about the tall thin blond, right?)
    KAREN

Yes, something about her reminded me of that actress. I'll check it out more when I watch it again.
    momrek06 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I LOVED IT!!! About 15 minutes in, I realized that I was feeling the exact same way I felt when I was watching the first ever episode of Sex and the City!!! I think this might become my new favorite series!
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I LOVED IT!!! About 15 minutes in, I realized that I was feeling the exact same way I felt when I was watching the first ever episode of Sex and the City!!! I think this might become my new favorite series!
    Me too, Imperfect! I did not even watch it the night it was on. Figured I would get to it at some point.
    Then I put it on Wed night and LOVED it!

My new FAV as well!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    KAREN

I watched it again and I really liked it. It will be on my new "must see" list.
    momrek06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast