+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The Librarians on TNT

The Librarians on TNT

I don't know how many of you watched the series of movies, The Librarian. There were three of them: The Quest for the Spear, Return to King Solomon's Mines, and The Curse of the Judas Chalice.

I loved them. Not only did they star Noah Wyle, Bob NewHart, and Jane Curtin, among other, but they introduced me to two new favorites, Gabrielle Anwar of Burn Notice and Stana Katic of Castle. Not to mention they were highly entertaining.

Well, this Sunday is the start of a tv series, The Librarians. It's got a fabulous cast, which will include appearances by all of the above, but will have an all new group of people in starring roles. I have been waiting for this one and hope it will be as entertaining as the original movies. Take a look for yourselves.

The Librarians
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Re: The Librarians on TNT

I so cannot wait (I am a librarian!). Loved the original movies.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I'm looking forward to it as well

I've been looking forward to this too. I enjoyed the movies and the previews for the series have been fun.

I never saw the movies, but my daughter and I are really looking forward to this show. I hope it lives up to our expectations!

I think they will be marathoning the original Librarian movies before the premiere of the new series.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I taped the original movies - absolutely love them - and play them and play them.

The new series took me by surprise, but I'm all set up for recording. At first I thought it was another movie, but then discovered it is a series...yay!

justCoz - If you don't get to see the other two, at least try to watch the first one. Like most firsts, it sets it up and you'll discover a whole other Noah Wylie than the doctor he portrayed for years.
    Florimel likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I do think that Noah Wylie will be more of a background character and mentor to the new team.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Thanks for the heads up about the movies! I did a search and found the movies and have them set to record.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I do think that Noah Wylie will be more of a background character and mentor to the new team.
    I tend to agree with that and I think the same will be true of Jane Curtin and Bob Newhart. I thin they will be there for background and to add color to the show, but it should be wonderful color.

I'm partticularly eager to see Christian Kane. He played such a violent role in Leverage who turned out to also be a world class chef. It was brilliant and you could not help but love that character.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast