+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: The Librarians on TNT

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Re: The Librarians on TNT

We weren't as WOWed as we were hoping to be, but we'll probably it another try *with fingers crossed*.

I got the impression that Noah Wylie was trying (with limited success) to channel Dr. Who.
    libgirl2 and Arielflies like this.
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

Yeah, for some reason he is channeling late 19th century dress. All he needs is a monocle.

I was somewhat disappointed, but I do like how they folded over the previous movies into the show. Charlene is somewhere in the aether with the library and Judson, who finally gave up on corporal form, can linger behind in the magic mirror now and then.

I also am going to like John Laroqette as the researcher, now reluctantly turned instructor. My problem with the remaining cast is that they all talk so fast, my old ears have a problem catching their words. I think it will be too fast for CC also.

Excaliber is dead; but he gave up his life in a shower of magnificent blue sparks and healed Flynn in the process. I'm going to miss that rascally sword.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm going to miss Excalibur, too. I think they were just finding their way in the episode and we must get to know them all. The movies were mostly focused on Flynn and his female of the moment, but this was as four librarians to work with and I guess it will take some time for each of them to become better known to us.

It's feeling somewhat like "Scorpion" to me. I'll continue to watch.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Loved it! Will continue to watch and hopefully will continue to catch my attention.

I enjoyed the show a lot & I think John Laroquette is going to be a hoot to watch. It's good to see him back. I don't see any resemblance to Scorpion, but I do see a tip of the cap to Warehouse 13.

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

Since the movies were made prior to the debut of Warehouse 13, maybe the tip of the cap should be to the original Librarian. We never saw what they are now calling the library (reading room) in the movies and I'm glad they found a focal point for the series. Bringing the mass down to the doable and understandable will work well for this show. I do love the doors to wormholes, though.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Caught on all three episodes. You have to be in the mood for some silly fun to enjoy the series. I do like it that Flynn will be popping in and out. I do like the idea that their will be more than one librarian or as Flynn said "my little lits" is that play on "my little pony"?
    No goat killers on my island.

I loved the original movies because they dealt with serious issues but were always lighthearted and fun. It pleases me that they are maintaining this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I loved the Santa episode. Neat explanation of him and then there was Bruce. Did anyone catch Santa's reference to Stone about his other incarnation? Interesting. .mmmmm
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Like how the writers are putting all these bits and pieces about the legends of Santa and other things in future episodes I think this is a great series for getting folks interested in things and looking them up.
    No goat killers on my island.

+ Reply to Thread