+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The Missing, A Limited Series - STARZ/BBC

The Missing, A Limited Series - STARZ/BBC

When five year-old Oliver disappears while on holiday with his family in France, it sets off a nearly decade long search for his whereabouts. The Missing, a STARZ Limited Series, is a dramatic thriller that takes you into the mind of a father desperate to locate his missing son.
    It starts November 15th, but you can see Episode 1 now OnDemand or here: STARZ - The Missing - A STARZ Original Series

I just watched it and I really liked it! It looks like it will be a good thriller. The final scene of this episode is a shocker and now I can't wait to see what happens next!
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

FORT Fan

Re: The Missing, A Limited Series - STARZ/BBC

How has this show been so far?

I'm loving it!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I just started watching it this week. After the first episode, I wasn't sure about it - I found the jumping around in time confusing (possibly because I was sorting some paperwork while watching). After the second episode, I was hooked. I watched episodes 3 and 4 this morning, so now I'm only one behind.

The dark-haired policeman who was feeding information to the journalist reminds me of chef Ludo on The Taste.

We are still enjoying it. On our Comcast STARZ, after we watch this week's episode we are able to watch next week's show following it. So we end up watching each ep twice which is good because both of us have a difficult time understanding a few of the cast because of the accents.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

For those times we just can't figure out what someone in a tv show or movie is saying, we turn closed captioning on for that part.

I'm not used to devoting my full attention to shows, but with the accents and subtitles in this show, I need to - plus it's a show worthy of it.
    Punkin likes this.

Oh, yes! We tried closed captioning with the Samsung remote, but it say's "not available".

Oh, yes! We tried closed captioning with the Samsung Smart TV remote, but it say's "not available".

FORT Fogey

Great show so far, but I was SOOO disappointed by the ending of The Killing that I am trying not to get too wound up by it.

Anyone know how many episodes The Missing will run?

Kip

I was curious about how many episodes it is, but I decided I'd rather not know. When you know how many episodes it is, when it looks like the case will be solved, you know it's just a red herring if there are several episodes left. But it's pretty much impossible to not know when the final episode will be as a week or two before end, ads for it will be hyping the finale.

I thought it was interesting that seasons of "Luther" were varying numbers of episodes. It was like they did just enough episodes to keep a nice, taut story line. I think one season was 4 episodes. In one way I was disappointed that there were so few episodes because I really like the show, but I appreciated it being ended at it's natural conclusion.

I was so angry at the crime not being solved in the first season of "The Killing" (when they were already stretching it out), that I didn't bother watching the second season.

Punkin - dang! CC would be really useful for this show. (Though I can't get it for any show now as our TV remote is broken, so we're controlling everything with the cable remote.)
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast